Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Good morning all!  Good morning, Miss Carleen!  I pray you all have a wonderful day!   :pray3:

And since it's technically still morning, and technically I'm awake and it's morning...

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 16, 2017, 09:03:43 AM
MLG....how bout coming in and putting your feet up? Lynne? Or are both of you at work. I know Lynne is, but mlg, are you? At work?

Actually, I was visiting the in-laws this weekend, down in Jersey...so my time on SD was unfortunately somewhat limited...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on January 17, 2017, 11:40:19 AM
MLG....how bout coming in and putting your feet up? Lynne? Or are both of you at work. I know Lynne is, but mlg, are you? At work?

Actually, I was visiting the in-laws this weekend, down in Jersey...so my time on SD was unfortunately somewhat limited...

Is it work for you to visit inlaws? Or is it a pleasant thing to do? Are the dynamics good? Mine were good. The problems that arose were always between MIL and my husband. A very pain filled difficult relationship. But inlaws liked me plenty and I could enjoy keeping company with husband's mother as long as I didn't also keep in the forefront of my mind the horrible mother she was. Who she was 50 years ago is not who she is now. Actually, she died 2 years ago, but still haunts my husband daily. Sad really. But that is the impact a mother has on her child.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 17, 2017, 08:42:25 AM

Just thought we would borrow yesterday's pic for today! Good morning. ARE YOU READY TO ROLL? Just get some clothes on and brush your teeth. You will be after that! Happy Tuesday!

I read this as "Ready to TROLL." And I thought: "That sounds kind of tempting."  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 17, 2017, 11:57:19 AM

Just thought we would borrow yesterday's pic for today! Good morning. ARE YOU READY TO ROLL? Just get some clothes on and brush your teeth. You will be after that! Happy Tuesday!

I read this as "Ready to TROLL." And I thought: "That sounds kind of tempting."  :lol:

HA! I can see how you would! Are you ready to troll, bird?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 17, 2017, 12:24:46 PM

What are the primary methods?  8)
My Lord and my God.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 17, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

Is it work for you to visit inlaws? Or is it a pleasant thing to do? Are the dynamics good? Mine were good. The problems that arose were always between MIL and my husband. A very pain filled difficult relationship. But inlaws liked me plenty and I could enjoy keeping company with husband's mother as long as I didn't also keep in the forefront of my mind the horrible mother she was. Who she was 50 years ago is not who she is now. Actually, she died 2 years ago, but still haunts my husband daily. Sad really. But that is the impact a mother has on her child.

My in-laws (the parents) have both passed away. We got along well, for the most part. The ones who are left are my husband's 2 sisters and brother. We get along pretty well when we're together. The sisters and I are friends on Facebook but we really don't communicate very much. It's always just a long time, 4-hour ride down to Jersey, visiting with lots of people (My husband always visits the cemetery where his parents are buried. They're in the mausoleum so it's an easy visit, summer or winter, rain or shine.) Then, the 4-hour drive back. We stay for 2 nights.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 17, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

[/quote

Annoy, inflame, create an argument where there was none. A troll is mean spirited, bird. You would make a rotten troll.]

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 17, 2017, 12:34:50 PM
Quote from: Bernadette on January 17, 2017, 12:29:59 PM

[/quote

Annoy, inflame, create an argument where there was none.

A troll is mean spirited, bird. You would make a rotten troll.

I see. I thought maybe occasional needling...but you're right, that would create lasting ill will. Friendly banter is probably the way to go, here.
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on January 17, 2017, 12:34:22 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 17, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

My in-laws (the parents) have both passed away. We got along well, for the most part. The ones who are left are my husband's 2 sisters and brother. We get along pretty well when we're together. The sisters and I are friends on Facebook but we really don't communicate very much. It's always just a long time, 4-hour ride down to Jersey, visiting with lots of people (My husband always visits the cemetery where his parents are buried. They're in the mausoleum so it's an easy visit, summer or winter, rain or shine.) Then, the 4-hour drive back. We stay for 2 nights.

Your in-laws sound alot like mine now.  The first 2 years were awful.  MIL and 2 SILs hated me.  They had spies all over town trying to catch me doing anything wrong.  Alot of stuff got made up and circulated.  It wasn't until Hubby came back from Bootcamp in the Navy, they finally decided I wasn't so terrible.  Hubby chewing them out for writing him letters telling him I was being unfaithful with his friends might have made a difference.  Between me, his Brother, and his friends telling him it wasn't true, he knew they had no credibility.  After that, everything was peachy creamy.  Until his Dad +RIP+ died.  All hell broke loose and for whatever reason, I was the target.  Hubby had one Sister under each arm while I ran to the car.  Didn't see them again for a couple of years.  Then, slowly but surely, we all came back together and got along fine.  I have to say though, when his Sister died last year, I was extremely nervous.  It's been nice for the most part.    The birthday cards they send are for a Daughter and a Sister.  It's nice.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Lynne

Good morning! Where's Carleen?!

Quote from: dymphna17 on January 17, 2017, 01:25:19 PM

Your in-laws sound alot like mine now.  The first 2 years were awful.  MIL and 2 SILs hated me.  They had spies all over town trying to catch me doing anything wrong.  Alot of stuff got made up and circulated.  It wasn't until Hubby came back from Bootcamp in the Navy, they finally decided I wasn't so terrible.  Hubby chewing them out for writing him letters telling him I was being unfaithful with his friends might have made a difference.  Between me, his Brother, and his friends telling him it wasn't true, he knew they had no credibility.  After that, everything was peachy creamy.  Until his Dad +RIP+ died.  All hell broke loose and for whatever reason, I was the target.  Hubby had one Sister under each arm while I ran to the car.  Didn't see them again for a couple of years.  Then, slowly but surely, we all came back together and got along fine.  I have to say though, when his Sister died last year, I was extremely nervous.  It's been nice for the most part.    The birthday cards they send are for a Daughter and a Sister.  It's nice.

I'm glad things finally calmed down in the family!

Carleendiane

Good Morning all. It is a new day. Let's get out there and do good. No arguing. That's the plan.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:18:12 AM
Good Morning all. It is a new day. Let's get out there and do good. No arguing. That's the plan.

Finally! I was getting worried...

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 08:29:14 AM

Lynne, thanks for dropping by. Son made cowboy coffee. I get caught up talking with hubby. And before I know it morning is half gone. Got a muffin? Joking. Not.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 18, 2017, 08:51:50 AM
Quote from: Lynne on January 18, 2017, 08:29:14 AM

Lynne, thanks for dropping by. Son made cowboy coffee. I get caught up talking with hubby. And before I know it morning is half gone. Got a muffin? Joking. Not.

Cowboy coffee? What's that?

I already ate it...it was good, a nice banana muffin.  :(