Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 10:09:19 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 06, 2017, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 08:40:20 AM
Good morning!  Just got back from Mass, and offered it for everyone's intentions here.  I got my coffee at my favorite local shop today, since we passed by it on the way home.  It's cold and rainy today, with temperatures continuing to drop throughout the day, so we have deemed today a PJ and hot chocolate day.  As we watched the temperature on our car thermometer drop on our way home from Mass, my two older kids started saying, "oh, it's cold out today, dontcha know, eh?"  I thought of you, Jayne  :)

3.6 degrees here. Good morning munda. Don't those working hands get chapped, hanging diapers out in this weather? PBJ and cocoa, a perfectly well rounded meal! In my, I love sweets, opinion.

Not peanut butter.....pajama ;) Pajama day with hot cocoa....And, pictionary.  We left hay out for the Wise Men's camels under the Christmas tree last night, and dontcha know, they left us a gift when they stopped by to adore the Christ child who sits on our family altar.  It's 35° and dropping here, which is pretty cold for the south.  So much for school today....maybe this afternoon

ETA: I'm splurging today, and using the dryer

Yarn .... snow days require a bucket load of yarn to work with while drinking cocoa

For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 06, 2017, 10:54:50 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 10:09:19 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 06, 2017, 09:03:53 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 06, 2017, 08:40:20 AM
Good morning!  Just got back from Mass, and offered it for everyone's intentions here.  I got my coffee at my favorite local shop today, since we passed by it on the way home.  It's cold and rainy today, with temperatures continuing to drop throughout the day, so we have deemed today a PJ and hot chocolate day.  As we watched the temperature on our car thermometer drop on our way home from Mass, my two older kids started saying, "oh, it's cold out today, dontcha know, eh?"  I thought of you, Jayne  :)

3.6 degrees here. Good morning munda. Don't those working hands get chapped, hanging diapers out in this weather? PBJ and cocoa, a perfectly well rounded meal! In my, I love sweets, opinion.

Not peanut butter.....pajama ;) Pajama day with hot cocoa....And, pictionary.  We left hay out for the Wise Men's camels under the Christmas tree last night, and dontcha know, they left us a gift when they stopped by to adore the Christ child who sits on our family altar.  It's 35° and dropping here, which is pretty cold for the south.  So much for school today....maybe this afternoon

ETA: I'm splurging today, and using the dryer

Yarn .... snow days require a bucket load of yarn to work with while drinking cocoa

If only we had snow *sigh*.  (There's still yarn....there's always yarn  ;))

Carleendiane

For being up north, we really do not have much snow. I love snow. But I have a hand that if it gets cold it turns pure white and then grape purple then pink. A pain full process! But, who cares. I love snow!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

I think it snowed tkday but not enough to make a difference. My son still wanted to play in a half inch of snow
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on January 06, 2017, 07:56:32 PM
I think it snowed tkday but not enough to make a difference. My son still wanted to play in a half inch of snow

Much can be done in half inch of snow, Ches.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning all! Mammy has opened up and we are in business now. Dues today. They are due in the form of goodies. For the financially challenged. Like me this month! Too many costs last month due to wrecked car. So bring your freshest and best in. :)

MundaCorMeum

I have some king cake.  It's delicious. 

Carleendiane

Your cake sounds utterly royal.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 07, 2017, 08:02:50 AM

Only the best for the good morning thread!

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 07, 2017, 08:17:03 AM

Now you're talkin, munda. Now about some coffee!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 07, 2017, 08:19:59 AM

Coffee is on, but needs to be rationed.  The pipes and well froze last night, so until it thaws, and hubby can fix it, it's just the one pot

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 07, 2017, 08:22:29 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on January 07, 2017, 08:19:59 AM

Coffee is on, but needs to be rationed.  The pipes and well froze last night, so until it thaws, and hubby can fix it, it's just the one pot

WOW! Now THAT IS a crisis....at your house. Had many frozen pipes here, but only in sub zero weather! Here, I'll make you a thermos big enough to last till the thaw.

Jayne

Good morning, people.  Real life was being intrusive but I finally made it.  Since I'm late, I'm posting a video instead of a picture.  (No point sharing my breakfast; it was leftover fish and mashed potatoes, with some kimchi.)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukDAfF0-8q8[/yt]
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

MundaCorMeum

That breakfast is more my style, Jayne. I'm really not a breakfast sweets kind of gal.  I'm not much on a lot of sweets, in general, really.  We are having shrimp and sautéed veggie omelettes today.  The kids warmed up some king cake from last night, too, but I'm not having any.

Carleen, we will manage.  We are just not equipped for nor experienced with cold weather down here.  I have full confidence that I'll have water by the end of the day.  I have some gallon jugs in the freezer that I can thaw and use.  In the meantime, paper plates!

Bernadette

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 07, 2017, 08:54:07 AM
In the meantime, paper plates!

That's looking on the bright side. :)
My Lord and my God.