Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bernadette

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 04, 2017, 10:10:11 AM
Dymphna, I assume you are full of vim and vinegar this morn.

That's....not quite how I've always heard this expression.  :lol:
My Lord and my God.

MundaCorMeum

We are back to the school grind and I need to be up early,  so I can start the coffee for y'all.  French Market...it's delicious.  It reminds a little of gevalia.   Morning, everyone.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Bernadette on January 04, 2017, 10:50:09 AM

Bernadette....explain yourself, because this is how my mom used it.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Lynne

Good morning! Waiting for Jayne's picture of the day...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 05, 2017, 06:37:43 AM

We're y'all misbehaving when she said it?  It should be "vim and vigor", implying lots of energy and a determination about the task at hand.  "Vinegar" implies a sour attitude.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2017, 06:33:31 AM
We are back to the school grind and I need to be up early,  so I can start the coffee for y'all.  French Market...it's delicious.  It reminds a little of gevalia.   Morning, everyone.

Ahhhhhh. Back to school. I remember. My last was by far the toughest to homeschool. But then again, he was adopted :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:     He was such a corker. I thank God always that he was put with me instead of BM. She would have wrecked him! And by golly if he isnt the one ill never have to worry about. Iron will. Traditional. Wants a married life and family like he grew up in. Thanks for the Gevalia like coffee, Munda, your too good to me.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2017, 06:43:00 AM

We're y'all misbehaving when she said it?  It should be "vim and vigor", implying lots of energy and a determination about the task at hand.  "Vinegar" implies a sour attitude.

I do believe that is more like mom meant it. A bit sassy.

Carleendiane

Meant to share this a while ago. Not that exciting, but warmed my heart. Laura, my daughter, was here for Christmas with her 6 kids. I was changing evelyn's diaper on the couch. Evelyn was laying there all happy. My dog came, watched what I was doing. He scampered away and came back with his rawhide bone. He then put it on the couch right next to Evelyn's face. And sat down by her. Tail wagging. A gift for the babe.  :)

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

maryslittlegarden

Jayne, it is 17 below zero where I am at with wind chills in the 20-30 below zone.  We are almost Canadian. 

Munda, I need more coffee. 
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Jayne

Quote from: maryslittlegarden on January 05, 2017, 08:11:02 AM
Jayne, it is 17 below zero where I am at with wind chills in the 20-30 below zone.  We are almost Canadian. 

Maryslittlegraden, by the power vested in me as a citizen of the Great White North, I hereby appoint you an honourary Canadian.  You are now authorized to randomly stick the letter u into words and say you are sorry all the time.

:canada:

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

MundaCorMeum

I shall make a kid do it.....I am ready for more, as well, too.

Carleendiane

Lookin GOOD MLG!!!!!!

Stella Maris

Quote from: Carleendiane on January 05, 2017, 06:48:51 AM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on January 05, 2017, 06:43:00 AM

I do believe that is more like mom meant it. A bit sassy.

I think you are confusing two expressions ( or your mom was): full of vim and vigor and full of p*ss and vinegar. They mean pretty much the same thing.

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Jayne on January 05, 2017, 08:39:06 AM

Maryslittlegraden, by the power vested in me as a citizen of the Great White North, I hereby appoint you an honourary Canadian.  You are now authorized to randomly stick the letter u into words and say you are sorry all the time.

:canada:

I shall now memorize the words to O Canada.
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace