Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on November 04, 2016, 11:16:13 AM
Quote from: Bernadette on November 04, 2016, 11:14:06 AM
Quote from: Jayne on November 04, 2016, 11:10:37 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 04, 2016, 10:05:40 AM
The joke about Credence was just good fun.

I like my nickname of Jayners very much, so it wouldn't surprise me if he would like one too.  However, I think that "Credenza" would make a better one.  That is a lovely word (not to mention useful piece of furniture) and it ought to be used more.

That might sound too feminine.  :shrug:

Good point.  Or it might sound like he needs dusting.  I think I let my fondness for the word overcome my judgment.

Or he may get tired of being sat on. Some of us are not as light as we used to be.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Dear Jerome,

Come join us for coffee. We are all respectfully dressed here, except for Martin. We can talk about coffee. Or morning. Or anything you wish. Things you may do or want to do.

Carleen
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Morning, Red, Resrev, Verena, Jerome, Que, and all. Please pop in so this does not just turn into a running monologue. Besides, a few new faces around the table is a slash of color to the morn.

Carleendiane

Heinrich, just once. One little visit here and you will have such a good day. Just dropped off some baclava  to go with coffee. It's virtually fat free. Full of protein and helps with lifting weights in the morning. Who is that cute little guy in your avatar? Is that you Heinrich? If so, I also have a bottle of milk in the fridge. Grab it and eat your baclava.

Jayne

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:19:47 AMGrab it and eat your baclava.

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika.  :confused:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on November 05, 2016, 07:23:54 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:19:47 AMGrab it and eat your baclava.

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika.  :confused:

Oh you!!!!! Maybe I haven't a clue. I thought it was baclava. You tell me, Jayne. Throwing those big sweet words around.  I just may be off my game for the rest of the day >:(  Besides....who cares? It's pastry and it's wonderful. Are each of the names of the pastry actually separate desserts, or are you pulling my leg? Just don't pull my wooden leg. It may come off in your hands. You wouldn't know what to do with it. Maybe a three legged race?

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Carleendiane

Morning Red. Oh man of few words.

Jayne

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 07:30:48 AM

Oh you!!!!! Maybe I haven't a clue. I thought it was baclava. You tell me, Jayne. Throwing those big sweet words around.  I just may be off my game for the rest of the day >:(  Besides....who cares? It's pastry and it's wonderful. Are each of the names of the pastry actually separate desserts, or are you pulling my leg? Just don't pull my wooden leg. It may come off in your hands. You wouldn't know what to do with it. Maybe a three legged race?

You've got to get this right, CD. One is a pastry. One is a hat.  One is musical instrument.  Things are going to get pretty messy if there's a mistake.

Carleendiane

Come on! Get up my people! A weak good morning thread indeed. Going out to feed the birds. Nothing here, folks.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Jayne on November 05, 2016, 08:16:27 AM

You've got to get this right, CD. One is a pastry. One is a hat.  One is musical instrument.  Things are going to get pretty messy if there's a mistake.

Oh, yes. I see now. Very kind of you Jayne. I have to go back to school I see. I hated school. Loved learning. Hated school.

Carleendiane

Munda had her baby!!! Good job Munda!! A lovely, average sized, hungry little girl. So happy for you. Another one for the Kingdom.

Jayne

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 05, 2016, 08:19:20 AM
Quote from: Jayne on November 05, 2016, 08:16:27 AM

Oh, yes. I see now. Very kind of you Jayne. I have to go back to school I see. I hated school. Loved learning. Hated school.

You don't need to go to school.  I can explain.  Observe the picture:

At the left, we see baklava.  In the middle is a balaclava.  At the right is a baklava balaclava.  (These are fairly rare so you can ignore this if you would prefer.)

And below is a picture of a balalaika.

One of our family jokes is to always use the wrong word whenever we are talking about one of these.  So I guess I'm just feeling so comfortable with you that I was treating you like family.

Carleendiane

Bernadette

Are you sure you have that right?  It is pretty hard to tell baklava and balaclava apart.  Not to mention balalaika:confused:

The first time I came across that word in a book, I was sure it was a typo!  :lol:
My Lord and my God.