Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Non Nobis on October 29, 2016, 05:40:14 PM
Quote from: Jayne on October 29, 2016, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 29, 2016, 09:01:21 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2016, 07:46:30 AM
Get up. Get dressed. Get coffee. Except munda. Have baby. Or a leftover cinnamon roll.

I'm not up, I'm not dressed, and I don't have coffee.....or a baby, or leftover cinnamon rolls (they ate them all!).  But, I do have whatever stomach bug my 7 year old had  :-\.  Luckily, it seems to just be a 24 hour virus, and my husband is home today, so I can bed rest in peace.

I went into labour with my 5th baby while I had the flu.  I was just lying there in the hospital feeling blah, as one does, and sort of having a baby as an afterthought.  I normally have easy labours, but this was so impressive that the nurses on the floor kept coming to peek in at me at my door.  I could hear their awe-filled whispers.  But I didn't care.  About anything.

I'm envious of all you mothers, because you are sure going to get a shorter purgatory then I am, with all that you go through in this life! (But I'm not that envious...)

You know, you don't have to be a Mom to qualify for a stomach virus.  It's still lingering about over here, if you'd like a turn..... ;) :P

Carleendiane

Munda, keep it. Got enough troubles. Drink your coffee. It's medicinal.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Good morning ResRev. Your avatar is so full of...I don't know...energy? I love it. Is that your son?
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 30, 2016, 06:56:45 AM
Good morning  :). Stomach virus is gone, thank God!  That was not fun! After only eating a few saltines yesterday, I'll probably ease back into things with just tea and toast this morning, and some chicken soup later.  I hope there are leftovers from Dymphna's breakfast tomorrow for me to try  :). I've never had a Swedish tea ring. 12 year old is down with the virus today, and three year old had it yesterday, too, so we are staying home from Mass today.  Have a great Sunday, everyone!

I'm sure glad you are feeling better today, MCM.  This is an extra tea ring I made just in case someone didn't get any.  I'll keep a piece back for you.   ;)  Just a few more weeks and I'll have tea rings up the wahzoo since this is what I'm doing for everybody's Christmas gifts.

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Dymphna are you Swedish
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Jayne

Quote from: dymphna17 on October 30, 2016, 06:31:53 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 30, 2016, 06:12:22 AM
Dymphna, T- shirts work well. And, it is holloween......how can we KNOW those are raisins. Remember Ches's wheel. OK. Now I'm being paranoid. Those are not spiders. Just eat the tea ring.

I guess the only way you could know they are raisins, is by knowing that I wouldn't go near a spider, let alone have people eat them.  Perish the thought!  Ewww gross, ptuey.   :swoon1:

Hah! Do you expect us to believe that a person so lost to reason as to kill sweet, innocent spiders would pay attention to where their poor little corpses landed?
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

dymphna17

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 30, 2016, 10:03:02 AM
Dymphna are you Swedish

Nope.  I'm French Canadian and Welsh.  This was a recipe in my Great Grandmother's Betty Crocker cookbook.  It even had recipe's in it for cooking squirrel, turtles, and opossum.  Anyway, my Mom found it and that was what we would give as Christmas presents for friends and neighbors.   :beer:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

dymphna17

Quote from: Jayne on October 30, 2016, 10:59:30 AM
Dymphna, T- shirts work well. And, it is holloween......how can we KNOW those are raisins. Remember Ches's wheel. OK. Now I'm being paranoid. Those are not spiders. Just eat the tea ring.

I guess the only way you could know they are raisins, is by knowing that I wouldn't go near a spider, let alone have people eat them.  Perish the thought!  Ewww gross, ptuey.   :swoon1:

Hah! Do you expect us to believe that a person so lost to reason as to kill sweet, innocent spiders would pay attention to where their poor little corpses landed?

I do pay attention to where their corpses land because I'm not going to risk stepping on one during my regular treks to the fridge in all hours of the night to get more Dr Pepper.  Besides, Honkey thinks they are quite tasty (particularly the sweet, innocent ones  :rolleyes:  ).  Stupid cat.  But feel free to eat a piece of the tea ring, knowing there is a possibility that it has spiders in it.  hehehe   :ack: 8)
?

Jayne

Carleendiane

Jayne

Jayne

I've woken up in the middle of the night. It's too late for the "go to bed" thread (and they've all gone crazy anyhow.) And it's still too early for the "4 am" thread.  I think I'll set up the coffee with the delay timer and go back to bed.  It should be ready for the rest of you when you turn up.

JubilateDeo

I'm still baking and cleaning.  This is the time I have to get stuff done before everyone else wakes up.  Cleaning when toddlers are awake is like brushing your teeth while eating an Oreo.  I'm debating whether I should bother sleeping for a few hours or just pull an all nighter. 

Chestertonian

Zzzzzzzz it's tooooooo early
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

red solo cup

This reminds me of a story my grandfather used to tell me as an example of how quick thinking can save your life. The Czar was eating his dinner one day when he discovered what looked like a cockroach in his food. He flies into a rage and everybody knows it's going to cost the cook his head. The guards drag the cook before the Czar who thunders "What's this in my food!" The cook replied "Oh it's only a raisin m'Lord" and quickly swallowed it.
non impediti ratione cogitationis