Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

I don't know if I will get a chance to post in the morning.  I am at my parents and, while I do have access to a computer and bits of free time, I can't predict when it will happen.

My father spends most of his time in front of the TV watching the classic movie channel.  They are have been doing a horror movie marathon in honour of Halloween.  :vomit:
This is my least favourite kind of movie.

I have been trying to ignore the TV but it is a small apartment, so it's hard. I could tell that the movies were getting to me when I came to shave my father.  As usual, I turned on the lamp in order to see what I'm doing clearly.  However, this time I shouted as I turned it on:  "IT'S A LIGHT!"

Edit to add:
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Well a good morning to you Jayne. What do you wear as pjs Jayne? Do you wear sweat pants? If I had to guess, I'd say yes. Feel free to correct me.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2016, 07:30:15 PM
Well a good morning to you Jayne. What do you wear as pjs Jayne? Do you wear sweat pants? If I had to guess, I'd say yes. Feel free to correct me.

So I made it here in the morning, after all.  Good morning, Carleen and everybody.  Special thanks to red solo cup for the number from "Singing in the Rain".  I'm a fan.

I do not wear sweat pants as pjs.  The last time I posted about what I normally wear to bed, somebody really was scandalized.  However, it is probably safe to say that when I am staying at my parents, I wear a nightie.

Bernadette

Quote from: red solo cup on October 30, 2016, 03:04:21 AM

It's the song from the orange juice commercial!  :lol: I love that commercial, because the use of the song is so clever.

Quote from: Jayne on October 30, 2016, 04:08:52 AM

I do not wear sweat pants as pjs.  The last time I posted about what I normally wear to bed, somebody really was scandalized.

I just can't understand this. I really can't. It reminds me of the joke from FE, where people said that "real trads mow the lawn in a suit and tie." It just seems like such a non-issue.  :shrug:
My Lord and my God.

Jayne

Quote from: Bernadette on October 30, 2016, 04:23:29 AM
Quote from: Jayne on October 30, 2016, 04:08:52 AM

I do not wear sweat pants as pjs.  The last time I posted about what I normally wear to bed, somebody really was scandalized.

I just can't understand this. I really can't. It reminds me of the joke from FE, where people said that "real trads mow the lawn in a suit and tie." It just seems like such a non-issue.  :shrug:

The person who was scandalized is someone who does not like me who may have been looking for an excuse to find fault.  I've seen other threads in which nobody had any problem with people sleeping  in a way that rhymes with baked.  (If you pronounced it with two syllables.)

Eta: While I think a wide range of sleepwear is acceptable, certain options may be inappropriate for discussion. I have a problem when the talk takes on a "wink wink nudge nudge" tone.

Carleendiane

Soooooo, moving right along, lest the winks begin......thank you red, for the snappy good morning. Just like sticking your head in and waving. No words, just a friendly wave. Hey, who made the coffee? I was gonna take my turn and do it, but thanks.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Here's that Swedish tea ring I promised.  I'll warn you all right now that it's got nuts in it, so if anyone is allergic, you'd best stay away.  Also raisins are in there.  If you don't like raisins, you'll not want to eat this.  Have a good morning!

Oh, and pjs for me is one of my Hubby's t-shirts.  I can't deal with my legs being covered under covers, if you know what I mean, and nightgowns just twist up around me and drive me nuts.  So, nice, big, comfy t-shirts FTW!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Dymphna, T- shirts work well. And, it is holloween......how can we KNOW those are raisins. Remember Ches's wheel. OK. Now I'm being paranoid. Those are not spiders. Just eat the tea ring.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 30, 2016, 06:12:22 AM
Dymphna, T- shirts work well. And, it is holloween......how can we KNOW those are raisins. Remember Ches's wheel. OK. Now I'm being paranoid. Those are not spiders. Just eat the tea ring.

I guess the only way you could know they are raisins, is by knowing that I wouldn't go near a spider, let alone have people eat them.  Perish the thought!  Ewww gross, ptuey.   :swoon1:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

Morning.. Woke up grouchy today

if you leave a raisin out long enough it will grow legs
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Of course Dymphna. I believe. Besides who ever heard of spider tea cake.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 30, 2016, 06:45:57 AM
Morning.. Woke up grouchy today

if you leave a raisin out long enough it will grow legs

Oh, poor CHES. Were we a tad noisy today? Well. It's Sunday. And Hillary is going down. True about the raisins.

MundaCorMeum

Good morning  :). Stomach virus is gone, thank God!  That was not fun! After only eating a few saltines yesterday, I'll probably ease back into things with just tea and toast this morning, and some chicken soup later.  I hope there are leftovers from Dymphna's breakfast tomorrow for me to try  :). I've never had a Swedish tea ring. 12 year old is down with the virus today, and three year old had it yesterday, too, so we are staying home from Mass today.  Have a great Sunday, everyone!

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Jayne on October 29, 2016, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 29, 2016, 09:01:21 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 29, 2016, 07:46:30 AM
Get up. Get dressed. Get coffee. Except munda. Have baby. Or a leftover cinnamon roll.

I'm not up, I'm not dressed, and I don't have coffee.....or a baby, or leftover cinnamon rolls (they ate them all!).  But, I do have whatever stomach bug my 7 year old had  :-\.  Luckily, it seems to just be a 24 hour virus, and my husband is home today, so I can bed rest in peace.

I went into labour with my 5th baby while I had the flu.  I was just lying there in the hospital feeling blah, as one does, and sort of having a baby as an afterthought.  I normally have easy labours, but this was so impressive that the nurses on the floor kept coming to peek in at me at my door.  I could hear their awe-filled whispers.  But I didn't care.  About anything.

That sounds really fun  ::). All day yesterday, I kept thinking, "please, God, do not let me go into labor today!"  I'm sure I would've cried.....