Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

My friend Tom. Good old man is sick. Chronic lung problem seems to be getting the better of him. Poor guy picks us up for mass every Sunday. I'm gonna go visit him, with my mom. We will cook chicken soup for him and fix him up a little bit.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 09, 2016, 10:32:00 AM
My friend Tom. Good old man is sick. Chronic lung problem seems to be getting the better of him. Poor guy picks us up for mass every Sunday. I'm gonna go visit him, with my mom. We will cook chicken soup for him and fix him up a little bit.

Good of you and mom! God bless you, for that,Martin.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

martin88nyc

I called him after mass today to check on him and he was feeling better so he didn't want us to come after all.  but we will bring him soup to church tomorrow.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Carleendiane

Quote from: martin88nyc on October 09, 2016, 06:04:43 PM
I called him after mass today to check on him and he was feeling better so he didn't want us to come after all.  but we will bring him soup to church tomorrow.

My husband swears chicken soup ( homemade) is helpful for many ailments :shrug:And maybe it is! But the act of charity you perform, is definitely good for your soul.

To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

6:25. I'm up! Good morning! Don't know who made the coffee, but not bad! Some one burnt the toast. I will be ok. But still..... Hope your norovirus. Is better. If not...chicken soup.

Carleendiane

Sun coming up.  News this morning.  Makes me hopeful for the upset of the status quo. John Rao may just see that as a good thing. Never in a million years did I ever see myself  as a supporter of locker room Trump. I am ashamed of my choices, but more appalled by HRC and Ben ghazi. Dems are claiming victory of course. But so have all the garbage polls. See Bill Still. He is very interesting and non emotional in presentation.

Carleendiane

The spin doctors are working overtime to say whatever that will support their phony polls. Unfortunate and clearly offensive are the words they consistently put out there that were vomited from his filthy mouth years ago. Never should have happened, but words and actions. Actions in anot election are more telling than words to me. Ask Broderick or Paula Jones etc. They were treated like crap. By Hillary. Bad mouthed and threatened.  She defended the indefensable. Bill Clinton.

But good morning anyway. You can ignore my politics and rant. We can just share happy talk. Coffee talk.

Carleendiane

Greg....you any better?

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on October 10, 2016, 04:27:28 AM
6:25. I'm up! Good morning! Don't know who made the coffee, but not bad! Some one burnt the toast. I will be ok. But still..... Hope your norovirus. Is better. If not...chicken soup.

I made it....I'm up early for school these days. It's coffee and chicory; a favorite around here.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on October 10, 2016, 06:44:01 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on October 10, 2016, 04:27:28 AM

I made it....I'm up early for school these days. It's coffee and chicory; a favorite around here.

Munda, considering the baby in the oven, I think you are awesome. By this time in pregnancy it is hard to remember my name, let alone teach.

Chestertonian

Chicory in coffee..why?

Woke up late and slept through a lot. Mrsalready took our big kid to school and the baby is making grumpy noises in his crib but not really crying
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Chestertonian on October 10, 2016, 07:21:36 AM
Chicory in coffee..why?

Woke up late and slept through a lot. Mrsalready took our big kid to school and the baby is making grumpy noises in his crib but not really crying

Morning Ches. Hope you slept well. I did. But, see how the 6 yr. old is now the big guy now that you have your little guy? 

Kaesekopf

I'm attempting to wake up earlier each day, so as to attend 630a Low Mass.

Day 1:  woke up early, stayed in warm bed.

The principle has been semiachieved.  Now, to just finish the job...  And keep it up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Carleendiane

Morning Kaese! You'll get there! Getting up is your next step! Awake, get up, then dressed. Out the door. You may watch to brush teeth first.

Carleendiane

Good morning, Baldrick, Christina.