Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dymphna17

Hearts are pumping, the beer is flowing, prayers are streaming, midnight is nearing, Thanksgiving is almost gone.  SD on this most auspicious of days is running at it's finest.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 24, 2016, 06:39:13 PM
Hearts are pumping, the beer is flowing, prayers are streaming, midnight is nearing, Thanksgiving is almost gone.  SD on this most auspicious of days is running at it's finest.

Yes. Pumping. Beer.Prayers. Thanksgiving. Prayers. Midnight. Auspicious. SD. Finest. YES Ma'am Got it!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 24, 2016, 06:44:27 PM

Yes. Pumping. Beer.Prayers. Thanksgiving. Prayers. Midnight. Auspicious. SD. Finest. YES Ma'am Got it!

Only one problem, it's not morning.  :(
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on November 24, 2016, 06:51:20 PM
Quote from: Carleendiane on November 24, 2016, 06:44:27 PM

Only one problem, it's not morning.  :(

O. Meet you in go to bed......hurry.....breathing hard.....gotta get to go to bed!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Carleendiane

Looks like he's really getting in a good stretch. Me too. Tried to sleep in but it wasn't happening. Good morning Jayne. I'll put a pot on and we can get our day fired up and going.

Lynne

Good morning! Yesterday was fun but I'm going to enjoy my lazy day today...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on November 25, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

Lynne, Glad you had a good time yesterday. Being a working lady I am so happy  you have a day off. You are entitled to a rest from work, because we here approve your day off.

Carleendiane

Well, I may be a work in progress, but at least I'm workin. A day off? I have too many days off since my stroke. Days off that I still have to work. I have therapy, that's work. I have to clean, cook and do laundry. I have to control my appetites. Now, that's work. I have to keep proper thoughts in this stupid head of mine. I should try to deep clean today. That's work. But my work is actually just my duty. So my duty IS my job. Actually, my duty is the only JOB I've ever had in 38 yrs. of marriage. Boy......I sure hope I'm found  to have done my duty acceptably. If that's a word. Because it is the only job I've been given.

Carleendiane

Come on in Jerome. I don't do pumpkin spice lattes, but I do have some very good coffee and a sweet left over from yesterday. How was your Thanksgiving? Do you have a wife and kids to celebrate holidays with? How do you celebrate these kind of secular holidays or don't you. The forum would like to enjoy your presence and we can by knowing just a bit more about you.

Elizabeth

Happy day after Thanksgiving.  Boy am I tired.

Carleendiane

Quote from: Elizabeth on November 25, 2016, 10:17:38 AM
Happy day after Thanksgiving.  Boy am I tired.

And you survived. Good morning after thanksgiving, Elizabeth.

dymphna17

Good morning to all, and to all...a....good...wait...that's not it..wrong holiday... Good morning to all!  Happy Chicken/Pheasant/Quail Day!!  Hey, why is the turkey the only fowl with it's own day?  That's just not right.  So, Happy Chicken/Pheasant/Quail Day!!  /It's also the day for the guys to show off their fowl skills while the ladies watch a good movie together in the conservatory.   ;)
?

Chestertonian

Quail Man would approve
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on November 25, 2016, 08:50:44 AM
Quote from: Lynne on November 25, 2016, 08:44:40 AM

Lynne, Glad you had a good time yesterday. Being a working lady I am so happy  you have a day off. You are entitled to a rest from work, because we here approve your day off.
Thank you! {{hugs}}

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"