Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orate

Happy Friday, everyone!
I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

maryslittlegarden

Skol and Happy Friday!!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/09/28/national-drink-beer-day-2018-deals/1453722002/

QuoteFriday, Sept. 28 is National Drink Beer Day, another excuse to grab a couple of cold ones.

There are quite a few made-up holidays celebrating beer, including International Beer Day in August, and just three weeks ago we raised a pint for National Beer Lover's Day.

National Beer Day in April has some historic significance as on April 7, 1933, the sale of beer containing less than 3.2 percent alcohol was again permitted in the U.S....
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

orate

I love Thee, Jesus, my love.  Grant me the grace to love Thee always, and do with me what Thou wilt.

"Blame yourself, then change yourself.  That's where we all need to start."   Dr. Louis IX (aka "Dr. Walty")

orate

orate

orate

Angel of God, My guardian dear,
To whom His love commits me here
Ever this day be at my side
To light and guard, to rule and guide.

orate

"The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily
do not rob the little violet of it's scent nor the daisy of its simple charm.
If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness."

orate

orate

orate

Noodles come in many varieties, and National Noodle Day, which is observed each year on October 6, recognizes them all.

The word noodle derives from the German word nudel.

Noodles are made by rolling unleavened dough out and cutting into a variety of shapes.  While long, flat noodles may seem to be the most common, they come in a variety of forms, names, and textures.  Each kind of noodle will pair differently with different kinds of sauces and meals. 

Found in regions all over the world, noodles are made from a variety of flours.  In Asian cuisine, root vegetables, such as yams and potatoes, beans, rice, wheat, and buckwheat are all found in a wide assortment of noodles. Europeans make most of their pasta from durum or semolina flour, though potato noodles a enjoyed as well.

In 2002, archaeologists along the Yellow River in China found an earthenware bowl containing some 4000-year-old noodles which had been well preserved.

orate

I'm sorry this is a day late.  I had some sort of intestinal bug yesterday.  But I couldn't let this most wonderful feast pass without notice.  Belated happy Feast of the Most Holy Rosary everyone.

orate

In Defense of Christopher Columbus the Catholic
by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J.

"The real ground for animosity against Columbus is the fact that he brought the Catholic faith to the New World. Columbus believed he was specially chosen by God to bring the Gospel to a people who were living in darkness and the shadow of death.

His Book of Prophecies is a full-scale study of the Messianic prophets of the Old Law and the teaching of Christ about the duty to proclaim the Gospel to all nations.

He was a devout Catholic attending Mass and receiving Holy Communion regularly.

He was a Franciscan Tertiary who believed, like St. Francis, that the world should be converted to Christ by prayer, preaching and peaceful means.

His Journal from August 3 to October 12, 1492 is a daily record of the historic voyage from Spain to the New Indies. Day after day, he refers to Jesus and the need for divine help. He is always asking Our Lord for the light and strength he needs to realize what God had entrusted him to do – the mission of bringing the knowledge and love of Jesus and Mary to the multitudes who had not had the Good News of salvation brought to them."

For the entire talk go here:  http://www.therealpresence.org/archives/Christopher_Columbus/Christopher_Columbus_003.htm

Happy Columbus Day, everyone!

P.S.  Sorry, I'm a day late on everything this week.  Must be my lost Sunday with that intestinal bug!   ;) ;)

Carleendiane

Good morning! Got some expresso if you're having a wee bit trouble waking up. Need it. Another night of waking up at 4am, completely awake, and no going back to sleep. Bugs. But it is what it is. Going to confession. Need a clean slate!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

orate

orate