Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carleendiane

To all of you bedheads, a hearty hello and good morning. WAKE UP!!!!!
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Carleendiane

Too late! Joking. It's never too late to roll out of bed. Yes....you should be somewhat ashamed for ruining a perfectly good day with sleep. Unless you are like Dymph, who has to catch sleep whenever she can because who knows how long it may be before real sleep comes again. My poor friend and poor you if you too suffer insomnia. Christulsa has remedied his problem with melatonin, which I use myself. And when in a serious no sleep period,I'm not above using OTC sleep remedies. May God bless the rest of this day for you all.

We are in process of renovating a trashy looking picnic table. And no, I will not be taking any chances. I will be wearing a hemet...lol.  I have the job of polyurethane application. Hubby is finishing up sanding it. It may be old, but the wood used for it is beautiful and in very good shspe. It is still a sound table. Not at all wobbly. So restoring it is worth the effort in my book.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 22, 2017, 10:26:09 AM
Too late! Joking. It's never too late to roll out of bed. Yes....you should be somewhat ashamed for ruining a perfectly good day with sleep. Unless you are like Dymph, who has to catch sleep whenever she can because who knows how long it may be before real sleep comes again. My poor friend and poor you if you too suffer insomnia. Christulsa has remedied his problem with melatonin, which I use myself. And when in a serious no sleep period,I'm not above using OTC sleep remedies. May God bless the rest of this day for you all.

We are in process of renovating a trashy looking picnic table. And no, I will not be taking any chances. I will be wearing a hemet...lol.  I have the job of polyurethane application. Hubby is finishing up sanding it. It may be old, but the wood used for it is beautiful and in very good shspe. It is still a sound table. Not at all wobbly. So restoring it is worth the effort in my book.
better for the table to be wobbly than you
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

dymphna17

Quote from: Carleendiane on April 22, 2017, 10:26:09 AM

Why do you have to go and be so kind?  Even to a picnic table you are kind.  That table would have been my sworn enemy had it been me.  It would have been part of a beautiful bonfire.  But not you!  Old, beautiful, and in good shape.  That would describe a few people I know so I can't imagine a picnic table being those things.  Good for you!

As for sleep, I take melatonin too.  10 mg, plus hops, valerian root, GABA, and magnesium.  Sadly, this doesn't scratch the surface of what I take to sleep.  Miss Carleen hit it right when she said, "catch sleep whenever she can because who knows how long it may be before real sleep comes again."  Today was an 8:00 am to 1:00 pm sleep session.  With no migraine!!  Thank you God.  I'm so glad melatonin works so well for you all.  When you find something that works, hang onto it!
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Carleendiane

Ches, I have been wobbly on my feet for almost a year now. The damage in the cerebellum region is very significant and I may never be steady on my feet. Serious brain damage is serious busuness. No matter how much therapy, it may never (good balance) return. Funny because I was a very coordinated, athletic woman. I can't find her anymore. She's gone and now I am a listing Lili. I have to find some chic, classy helmets. I could wear one to church and it could serve as my head covering!

Carleendiane

Good Morning friends! Sunny and warm! A very nice day. Get up. Get up.

Carleendiane

Come on! Throw off those blankets that shackle you from leaping and dancing with joy. The joy of another day. Yesterday and all its discontentment is gone. Gone. So you had a run in with someone, so you wrecked a perfectly good something, so you had a stinging headache, so you ate too much, too little, maybe you like I scattered some feathers, sad as that maybe, we have today. USE IT!  To mend, repair, collect, recover, rejoice. It's a Shiney brand new day!

Bernadette

I've been up since 3:30.  :grin: In my defense, I thought it was 4:30, and by the time I found out otherwise, I was already up and making coffee.  ::)

Now I'm back from church and am baking frozen mini quiches and a mini pie. Then later a friend is hopefully going to come over and look at my sewing machine, and after that the rest of the day is mine.  ;D
My Lord and my God.

Christina_S

It's snowing. Again. Spring can come anytime now...
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband! https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/
Latest posts: Why "Be Yourself" is Bad Advice
Fascination with Novelty
The Wedding Garment of Faith

Carleendiane

Quote from: Christina_S on April 23, 2017, 08:31:45 AM
It's snowing. Again. Spring can come anytime now...

:) so SD for you. Come over, I'll show you sunshine!

Lynne

Good morning! I'm thinking about having a cup of tea... I bought a box of matcha tea and am looking forward to trying it.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Quote from: Lynne on April 23, 2017, 10:00:00 AM
Good morning! I'm thinking about having a cup of tea... I bought a box of matcha tea and am looking forward to trying it.

Yeah, they say that's tea, but I'd be willing to bet that it's really ground up, freeze dried peas.  That has got to be the brightest green I've ever seen when I googled it.  I hope it tastes better than dried up old peas would!   :lol: :coffee:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Bernadette

Quote from: dymphna17 on April 23, 2017, 10:11:34 AM

Yeah, they say that's tea, but I'd be willing to bet that it's really ground up, freeze dried peas.  That has got to be the brightest green I've ever seen when I googled it.  I hope it tastes better than dried up old peas would!   :lol: :coffee:

It's used in ice cream and candy. Definitely tastes better than peas.  :lol: Though while we're on the subject, those dried wasabi peas are pretty good...
My Lord and my God.

dymphna17

Quote from: Bernadette on April 23, 2017, 10:45:13 AM

It's used in ice cream and candy. Definitely tastes better than peas.  :lol: Though while we're on the subject, those dried wasabi peas are pretty good...

That it!!  Thank you Bernadette!  I was trying to think of the specific pea that the pictures reminded me of, and I kept drawing a blank.  Wasabi peas!  That was really starting to irritate me.  Whew!   :cheeseheadbeer:
?

Lynne

It was good, with a little bit of honey. (I still love my coffee but they say that matcha tea is very good for you)  :coffee:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"