Good Morning!!

Started by Carleendiane, September 22, 2016, 06:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 09:34:49 AM
Munda, Lynne, you two I can always count on to share my morning coffee. Lynne, you will very much enjoy this time with daughter. It will be like a new phase in your relationship. How old is she Lynne? Munda, really, all gone? Haven't you told your kids about the needy lady in the good morning thread? They will surely be charitable. Just one bite of each item will do me. Tell them I am so poor. Well, I am in many ways.

She's 25, she'll be 26 in August. She moved out about 20 months ago. I hope it goes well. Of course we love one another but I didn't come back to the faith till she was a teenager so she's got no background of Catholicism (even though she went to parochial schools for 12 years).  ::)
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Carleendiane

Quote from: Lynne on February 11, 2017, 09:41:08 AM
Munda, Lynne, you two I can always count on to share my morning coffee. Lynne, you will very much enjoy this time with daughter. It will be like a new phase in your relationship. How old is she Lynne? Munda, really, all gone? Haven't you told your kids about the needy lady in the good morning thread? They will surely be charitable. Just one bite of each item will do me. Tell them I am so poor. Well, I am in many ways.

She's 25, she'll be 26 in August. She moved out about 20 months ago. I hope it goes well. Of course we love one another but I didn't come back to the faith till she was a teenager so she's got no background of Catholicism (even though she went to parochial schools for 12 years).  ::)

Ok. I get it. You are back to catholic truth and she just has the residue of your ordinary catholic school education. Oh, Lynne, this could be the catalyst needed to propel her to tradition. God, please move her spirit in this direction. I too went to catholic school, but did not begin to learn my faith until I started to attend classes taught by Father Hardon, at domino farms in  Ann arbor. 12 years of Catholic education did nothing for me. I had to leave the Faith, then return, before my education began.
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Sounds like a great opportunity for the green scapular  :). And,  :pray3:

MundaCorMeum

There's still lunch to look forward to  :).  We will do cake and ice cream after that, and I promise to save you some!  In the mean time, how about a piece of fried fish to tide you over?  There's some leftover from last night.

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 11, 2017, 10:17:13 AM

There's still lunch to look forward to  :).  We will do cake and ice cream after that, and I promise to save you some!  In the mean time, how about a piece of fried fish to tide you over?  There's some leftover from last night.

One fried fish would do the job munda. Is your family vegetarian. I know yesterday was friday, but it seems you do eat vegetation alot. Maybe I'm wrong. I eat very little meat, but that is only preferance. It is hard for me to chew due to missing back teeth I had removed because I thought they were the reason for my tooth and jaw pain. Then I found out the problem was trigeminal neuralgia. But too late. Teeth are gone until I can afford bridges. >:(
To board the struggle bus: no whining, board with a smile, a fake one will be found out and put off at next stop, no maps, no directions, going only one way, one destination. Follow all rules and you will arrive. Drop off at pearly gate. Bring nothing.

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

One fried fish would do the job munda. Is your family vegetarian. I know yesterday was friday, but it seems you do eat vegetation alot. Maybe I'm wrong. I eat very little meat, but that is only preferance. It is hard for me to chew due to missing back teeth I had removed because I thought they were the reason for my tooth and jaw pain. Then I found out the problem was trigeminal neuralgia. But too late. Teeth are gone until I can afford bridges. >:(

Oh, no....we are definitely not vegetarian. We just like seafood, and it's easy to come by where we are.  We raise our own beef and pork, too, 

Carleendiane

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 11, 2017, 10:39:30 AM
Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

Oh, no....we are definitely not vegetarian. We just like seafood, and it's easy to come by where we are.  We raise our own beef and pork, too,

Oh yeah, I forgot about you raising animals to eat. We should be lamb in soon here. Was so hoping the lambs would come while all the kids were here. But it wasn't time, I guess.  :(

Lynne

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on February 11, 2017, 10:15:53 AM

Sounds like a great opportunity for the green scapular  :). And,  :pray3:

The green scapular is in her quilt and yes, I'm praying...

This is my favorite for this situation...

Prayer for a Wayward Child
O Holy Mother, St. Anne, so rich in graces!  Thou wilt never leave unheard the pleadings and tears of a mother who invokes thee for a wayward child.  Thou knowest my grief and the anguish of my heart.  Look down with thy maternal eyes upon this poor erring child, and bring her back upon the way of salvation, that she may again serve God faithfully and thus obtain eternal happiness.  Through Christ our Lord, Amen.
Hail Mary (three times)

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

dymphna17

Good early afternoon Ladies!

Munda - So you have cows and pigs you have to deal with alone besides children?!  Hats off to you, Lady!  Wow!  Do you come from a family that raised animals for food as well?  Were they Catholic as well?  Sorry for being so nosy.

Lynne - Is the University that your daughter goes to in the same town that you live in or is she going to have to commute?  Did you ever get the huge snowfall you were expecting?  I love that prayer you posted.  I wish I could find one like that to say for my Sisters.

Carleen - Do you still have your houseful?  How many lambs are you expecting?  Is it like when cows give birth and you have to be out there to help and keep them warm so they don't die from the cold?

Like I said, I'm sorry for being so nosy.  It's just that your lives are infinitely more interesting than mine.   ;)   8)  And where is Bernadette?
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Chestertonian

will pray for her
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Carleendiane

Quote from: dymphna17 on February 11, 2017, 01:20:11 PM

Munda - So you have cows and pigs you have to deal with alone besides children?!  Hats off to you, Lady!  Wow!  Do you come from a family that raised animals for food as well?  Were they Catholic as well?  Sorry for being so nosy.

Lynne - Is the University that your daughter goes to in the same town that you live in or is she going to have to commute?  Did you ever get the huge snowfall you were expecting?  I love that prayer you posted.  I wish I could find one like that to say for my Sisters.

Carleen - Do you still have your houseful?  How many lambs are you expecting?  Is it like when cows give birth and you have to be out there to help and keep them warm so they don't die from the cold?

Like I said, I'm sorry for being so nosy.  It's just that your lives are infinitely more interesting than mine.   ;)   8)  And where is Bernadette?

The Bird has flown the coop.

No Dymph, I don't have to be out there for the sheep. Son has  got all the moms separated into their own stalls. Each stall is roomy and has warm water and lots of straw, plus, of course, hay for the girls to eat. Last year we caught the ram scooping up the babies and throwing them around. Lucky we caught him before he killed them! That will not happen this year.

Lynne

My daughter's not going to university. She tried a couple of times but just wasn't that interested. She's moving back home so she can save more $$$ to buy a house.  :)

MundaCorMeum

Oh, no!  My husband and older kids tend to all that  :). He enjoys doing that with them, and they with him.  I love having property and animals, but it's just not feasible for me to really keep any of it up.  I'll tend to stuff if he's out of town, and there's a problem, but other than just enjoying the sight of them grazing, all I have to do is enjoy the bacon, steaks, and roasts  ;). I would like chickens, though....I think I could manage it, and enjoy doing it.

Husband grew up in the country; I grew up in the city.  He has really fond memories of his childhood, and his Grandpa had cows that he would help with.  He really wanted that for his kids, too, so that's what we are doing.  It's a peaceful, simple life, and I have really grown to love it.

My family are all CINO  :(.  Growing up in the 70s and 80s, and going to the local parochial school, I'm sure that's no surprise.  His parents and three siblings are traditional Catholics like us, for which I am very grateful. They were somewhat of a springboard for us finding tradition.  They moved to the Latin Mass before we did.

ETA: also, since husband travels a lot off and on, he has the animals set up to be pretty self-sustaining with food and and water, so kids and I don't have to do anything when he's gone. Though, issues still happen sometimes.  It comes with the territory.  I remember a few years ago being big and pregnant.  Husband was out of the country, and a police knocked on my door at 6 am, because she was doing rounds and noticed a cow had busted a fence and was out....that was fun

Carleendiane

Yes, the breach,in the fence is always a problem to be dealt with NOW!? No messing around. Kids probably helped. We've had neighbor cows in ourvyard. Sheep tend to stay with each,other. Not much straying.

Lynne

Quote from: Carleendiane on February 11, 2017, 02:26:02 PM
Yes, the breach,in the fence is always a problem to be dealt with NOW!? No messing around. Kids probably helped. We've had neighbor cows in ourvyard. Sheep tend to stay with each,other. Not much straying.

I saw the movie, Far From the Maddening Crowd last week on TV and was horrified at the scene where the herding dog knocked down the fence and all the sheep just followed one another over the cliff!  :'(