Wallstreetbets

Started by james03, January 27, 2021, 09:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

martin88nyc

My neighbor was just telling me about the stock market and hedge funds the other day. He  invested in something and will be making money steadily over the next 10 or 20 years. I have no idea what he was talking about as I have no knowledge of how the stock market functions. I never really cared about it that much, nevertheless I am willing to look into it and test the waters.
"These things I have spoken to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you shall have distress: but have confidence, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

King Wenceslas

Quote from: james03 on January 28, 2021, 05:54:05 PM
QuoteThe game is played this way:  Government creates bonds, selected banks (Goldman Sachs, et. al.) buy said bonds,
And the government does what with the money it received?

The government spends it and then it comes back into the banking system and, you guessed it, the banks put it into their reserves or buy Government bonds. It is a daisy chain. Around and around it goes, when it stops nobody knows.

diaduit

So now Robinhood are selling everyones GME shares without permission and you can't cancel the sale!!

Watch other brokers sell their stocks and shares of other companies under fake attack from 4chan,

Watch other general shareholders dump their shares because of this first fake attack..

is this another Walls Street crash?

Be wary of this.

clau clau

Hey Mr Wall Street on the Fiftieth floor,
cant make the payments on your penthouse no more.
Jump you #?!&*^%, jump you #?!&*^%.
Open up the window, check out the view, and jump you #?!&*^%.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yge311sFhC8[/yt]
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

The whole thing in a nutshell:
Profanity Warning
non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

james03

Starts with the dox. Next smear stories. Then the jew led DOJ NKVD will arrest him. They need leverage to stop the short squeeze. That's now our country.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Then, this guy argues that Catholics shouldn't be buying Game Stop stock...  :o

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyoioZBLGNM[/yt]
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Heinrich

Quote from: Lynne on January 30, 2021, 10:59:58 AM
Then, this guy argues that Catholics shouldn't be buying Game Stop stock...  :o

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyoioZBLGNM[/yt]

Did you listen to the video? He lambasted the Hedges for being usurious and that the "populist uprising" was not a bad thing. He only said not to buy because you'll lose money.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Lynne

Quote from: Heinrich on January 30, 2021, 01:51:20 PM

Did you listen to the video? He lambasted the Hedges for being usurious and that the "populist uprising" was not a bad thing. He only said not to buy because you'll lose money.

Yes, I did listen to it. Basically, don't do anything to help right a wrong because you may suffer. I thought it was a weak argument.

james03

Back when Gamestop was $18, you could buy 50 shares with Robin hood to support the cause.  At these rates, buying Gamestock is expensive.  I would advise against it.  Unless you are extremely wealthy and don't mind losing $25,000 to get in the battle.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

Lynne

Ah...  :)

Well, I will salute the good guys with the beer I'm about to drink.

:cheeseheadbeer: