SSPX

Started by christulsa, January 25, 2020, 07:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: St.Justin on February 01, 2020, 09:03:28 PM
Quote from: St.Justin on February 01, 2020, 08:53:33 PM
I am thinking that if the Mormons and JWs don't believe in the Trinity they don't use the Trinitarian form which make them invalid.
I just checked and the Mormons do use the Trinitartian form so I see no reason why it would be invalid????

It's because of their formalized incorrectness on the Trinity, and that they don't intend to do what the Church does but what the Mormons do that it's invalid.

Here's the CDF document on it:

http://www.vatican.va/roman_curia/congregations/cfaith/documents/rc_con_cfaith_doc_20010605_battesimo_mormoni-ladaria_en.html

On its face, one would fail to see the distinction between the Mormons and any heretic, pagan, or Jew, etc. baptizing. But the distinction is here: intending to do what the Church does.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

Michael Wilson

The difference between what the Mormon does and a Pagan and a Jew etc. Is that when the Mormon speaks of the "Blessed Trinity" he means "three men"; he has an explicit contrary intention that the Church has, of Baptizing in the name of the triune spiritual God; while a Pagan, Jew etc. Are essentially following the ceremony of the Church without expressing a contrary intention, so the intention of the Church is presumed.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

QuaeriteDominum

You are all reading way more into what is required for a valid Baptism than what is required according to the Council of Trent.  You have to have the form correct, i.e. - the words. and water  You have to intend to do what the church does, which is simply to confer baptism, which is what the church does. You do not have to believe in the triune God, or have a certain belief in the nature of the Trinity, or in the nature of each of the members of the Trinity, or even the Divinity of Christ.  You just have to intend to baptize, as evidenced by the fact you are doing it, and you have to say the words while pouring the water. Bam  - done.  The church, in this Sacrament, has made it easy to confer to allow for human 'errors' of thought which the church provides correction for in the simplicity of this beautiful sacrament.

GBoldwater

Quote from: QuaeriteDominum on February 03, 2020, 11:47:49 AM
You are all reading way more into what is required for a valid Baptism than what is required according to the Council of Trent.  You have to have the form correct, i.e. - the words. and water  You have to intend to do what the church does, which is simply to confer baptism, which is what the church does. You do not have to believe in the triune God, or have a certain belief in the nature of the Trinity, or in the nature of each of the members of the Trinity, or even the Divinity of Christ.  You just have to intend to baptize, as evidenced by the fact you are doing it, and you have to say the words while pouring the water. Bam  - done.  The church, in this Sacrament, has made it easy to confer to allow for human 'errors' of thought which the church provides correction for in the simplicity of this beautiful sacrament.

Let's not worry about Mormons. The Novus Ordo created a new rite in which the rubrics don't insist on water being poured on the head. So, the Novus Ordo baptisms are doubtfully valid in each case unless investigation shows positive evidence it was done correctly.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

St.Justin

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 03, 2020, 12:03:46 PM

Let's not worry about Mormons. The Novus Ordo created a new rite in which the rubrics don't insist on water being poured on the head. So, the Novus Ordo baptisms are doubtfully valid in each case unless investigation shows positive evidence it was done correctly.

approved by the full body of bishops at its November 2004 General Meeting, received the subsequent recognitio of the Holy See, and has been authorized for publication by the undersigned.

The Essential Rite of the Sacrament

The bishop, priest, or deacon either pours water three times on the person's head or immerses the candidate in water three times. In the Latin
Church, he accompanies the act with the words, "[Name], I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." The
celebrant matches each pouring or immersion with the invocation of each of the Divine Persons. The ritual of immersion or washing helps
us understand that our sins are buried and washed away as we die with Jesus, and we are filled with divine light and life as we rise from immersion in
the water or are cleansed by the pouring.

GBoldwater

Quote from: St.Justin on February 03, 2020, 10:44:12 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 03, 2020, 12:03:46 PM

approved by the full body of bishops at its November 2004 General Meeting, received the subsequent recognitio of the Holy See, and has been authorized for publication by the undersigned.

The Essential Rite of the Sacrament

The bishop, priest, or deacon either pours water three times on the person's head or immerses the candidate in water three times. In the Latin
Church, he accompanies the act with the words, "[Name], I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit." The
celebrant matches each pouring or immersion with the invocation of each of the Divine Persons. The ritual of immersion or washing helps
us understand that our sins are buried and washed away as we die with Jesus, and we are filled with divine light and life as we rise from immersion in
the water or are cleansed by the pouring.

Looks a little better than the 1970 version. However, it doesn't ensure the water will flow on the skin of the head when poured on the "head". And, when it comes to "immersion" it says nothing about making sure the water flows on the skin of the head. As well, since this is most of the time performed with infants, did you ever see the difficulty of immersing one? Supporting the head while trying to get it in the water?  The necessity of supporting the head tends to obstruct immersing the head where water could flow on it.
My posting in the non-Catholic sub-forum does not imply that I condone the decision to allow non-Catholics here. I consider non-Catholics here to be de facto "trolls" against the Catholic Faith that should be banned. I believe this is traditional Catholic moral procedure.

St.Justin

I can look it up if you need it but it is not required that the water actually reach the skin. It is referred to not required for validity.

GBoldwater

St.Justin

Quote from: GBoldwater on February 04, 2020, 11:29:19 AM
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Excommunication/RXEiAQAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22skin%20of%20the%20head%22
It is to be noted that it is not sufficient for the water to merely touch the candidate; it must also flow, otherwise there would seem to be no real ablution. At best, such a baptism would be considered doubtful. If the water touches only the hair, the sacrament has probably been validly conferred, though in practice the safer course must be followed. If only the clothes of the person have received the aspersion, the baptism is undoubtedly void.   http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02258b.htm

GBoldwater

Quote from: St.Justin on February 04, 2020, 12:53:35 PM
Quote from: GBoldwater on February 04, 2020, 11:29:19 AM
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Excommunication/RXEiAQAAIAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&bsq=%22skin%20of%20the%20head%22
It is to be noted that it is not sufficient for the water to merely touch the candidate; it must also flow, otherwise there would seem to be no real ablution. At best, such a baptism would be considered doubtful. If the water touches only the hair, the sacrament has probably been validly conferred, though in practice the safer course must be followed. If only the clothes of the person have received the aspersion, the baptism is undoubtedly void.   http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/02258b.htm

The "probably" means it is doubtful,  and the "safer course" means that conditional baptism is needed.

Exsurge Domine

Quote from: christulsa on January 25, 2020, 07:36:37 PM
Your thoughts?  Discuss.

The SSPX is controlled opposition.

The true mass and sacraments can only be found with the true clergy of the Church, not with those who are part of the Revolution.
"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Antichrist." - Our Lady of La Salette

trentcath

Quote from: Exsurge Domine on February 07, 2020, 12:30:31 PM
Your thoughts?  Discuss.

The true mass and sacraments can only be found with the true clergy of the Church, not with those who are part of the Revolution.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :crazy2:

Heinrich

Your thoughts?  Discuss.

Are you able to flesh out the first statement? I know a few years ago when the "sell out" was immanent again that the SSPX had a jew lawyer who has questionable connections. This was about the time of the Williamsongate, Resistance movement, etc. All this tied together within the plan?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Exsurge Domine

Quote from: Heinrich on February 08, 2020, 11:04:39 AM
Your thoughts?  Discuss.

Are you able to flesh out the first statement? I know a few years ago when the "sell out" was immanent again that the SSPX had a jew lawyer who has questionable connections. This was about the time of the Williamsongate, Resistance movement, etc. All this tied together within the plan?

The Williamsongate, as you put it, was the last instance of any remaining Catholic ethos within the SSPX. Anyone who considers the Vatican II sect to be the Spotless Bride of Christ is part of the Revolution and the Society's actions are plain to anyone willing to see. They're consorting with heretics and make no qualms about it. Praying for notorious heretics like Bergoglio or Ratzinger as if they were popes is spiritually deranged and harmful to souls. Fellay & Co. have always been sell-outs, and weasels in their own right, but this problem comes from way back due to the ambiguous nature of Lefebvre's character who also consorted with heretics. Light cannot coexist with darkness. The Holy Roman Catholic Apostolic Church and its remaining bishops do not enter into negotiations with heretics, do not receive jurisdiction from heretics and do not recognize heretics as holding any office in the Church.
"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Antichrist." - Our Lady of La Salette

Warwick

Im intrested in the SSPX but there canonical sitiuation is oretty confusing and makes me weary of them.