Africa: No Masks, No Vax, No Covid

Started by Michael Wilson, November 25, 2021, 09:17:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Wilson

https://americanfaith.com/africa-no-masks-no-vax-no-covid/

QuoteAfrica: No Masks, No Vax, No COVID
By
Jon Fleetwood
Africa's less than 6% vaccination rate and lack of mask-wearing make it "one of the least [Covid-19] affected regions in the world," according to the World Health Organization.
QUICK FACTS:

"Africa doesn't have the vaccines and the resources to fight COVID-19 that they have in Europe and the U.S., but somehow they seem to be doing better," Wafaa El-Sadr, chair of global health at Columbia University, told The Associated Press (AP).
    Fewer than 6% of people in Africa are vaccinated, AP also notes, and busy African marketplaces are filled with hundreds of "mostly unmasked" people.
    Last week, Zimbabwe recorded "just 33 new COVID-19 cases and zero deaths, in line with a recent fall in the disease across the continent, where World Health Organization data show that infections have been dropping since July."
    The World Health Organization (WHO) describes Africa as "one of the least affected regions in the world" in its weekly Covid-19 pandemic statements.
    In many parts of Africa, the coronavirus pandemic is "quickly being relegated to the past, as political rallies, concerts and home gatherings have returned," reports AP.
    Africa currently has fewer cases of Covid-19 than Europe, even though 66% of Europe's population is fully vaccinated and Europe is experiencing a surge in coronavirus infections (here).
    WHO data show that coronavirus deaths in Africa make up only 3% of the global total, while deaths in North and South America account for 46% and deaths in Europe make up 29%.
AP: Scientists had warned the COVID-19 pandemic would be a disaster for Africa, with its poor health care systems and underdeveloped infrastructure. But so far, the continent has done better than many developed regions.
BACKGROUND:

65.55% of European populations have been fully vaccinated and 69.9% have received at least one dose, according to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
    Nevertheless, the World Health Organization reported on Nov 16 that coronavirus "deaths in Europe rose 5% in the previous week, making it the only region in the world where Covid-19 deaths increased."
    In the U.S., several Los Angeles County communities with the highest rates of coronavirus cases are also communities that have higher than average vaccination rates, according to local reports. Barbara Ferrer, LA County's Department of Public Health Director, said authorities are "trying to examine what factors are in play in individual communities that have above-average vaccination rates but still had among the highest new-case rates."
on Fleetwood is Managing Editor for American Faith and author of "An American Revival: Why American Christianity Is Failing & How to Fix It."
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Melkor

I just hope Lauermar and GOG read this lol.  ;D
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

LausTibiChriste

I know some younger "digital nomads" who have moved to places like Ghana, and Tanzania and loved it. And I know a few pilots who moved to Botswana flying out of Maun.

Though today I just read Kenya(?) is going to implement a death jab mandate. Would make sense though, they're one of the more western governments down there.

I was in Kenya and Tanzania when I was in the Navy. Definitely backwards compared to 'normal' Western cities, but if you like it rough they're great places to be. We had a blast.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: Melkor on November 25, 2021, 09:19:33 AM

My predictions:

Quote from: Lauremar
That is fake news because they don't count deaths the same way because they don't have the reporting agencies because the CDC hasn't approved those statistics because because because because

Quote from: GOG
overtly racist dismissal

this page left intentionally blank

Prayerful

They seem to be talking about a Botswana variant. It seems a means to rope Africa into this scam, and prolong it worldwide.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

MaximGun

I would imagine that if your immune system was weak enough to succumb to Covid then you would never live long enough, in Africa, to succumb to Covid.  Something more deadly would kill you before you became that old.  Anyone old in Africa must have a super tough immune system.

It could be as simple as that.  60% of people in first world countries live to aged 80 and 12% of Africans live to 80.  Live expectancy there is around 60 years old.

Cancer rates were lower in the past too, because people did not live long enough to get cancer.

GiftOfGod

COVID isn't a problem in sh*tholes such as Africa, Asia (to include India) is because there are few comorbid people there. Most COVID comorbidities are diseases of affluence. There are less obese people in sh*tholes than in the West, mainly. There are even fewer old people there because medical standards are so low there that old people die much sooner (which is a blessing, I think, compared to the Western way). Also, their lack of public health infrastructure means that they don't test as much as the West.

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on November 25, 2021, 09:46:20 AM
Quote from: Melkor on November 25, 2021, 09:19:33 AM

My predictions:

Quote from: Lauremar
That is fake news because they don't count deaths the same way because they don't have the reporting agencies because the CDC hasn't approved those statistics because because because because

Quote from: GOG
overtly racist dismissal

Aw, Chairman is getting defensive about his people. Why do you love blacks so much? Are you black yourself or just attracted to them?
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Jacob

QuoteAfrica's less than 6% vaccination rate and lack of mask-wearing make it "one of the least [Covid-19] affected regions in the world," according to the World Health Organization.

Regardless of the article's content, if it's going to start off with BS like this, RED FLAG!  Correlation does not equal causation.

I do agree with with the idea that Africans are just not dying off from COVID.  HIV/AIDS has probably killed off everyone likely to not be able to handle COVID.
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be—or to be indistinguishable from—self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson

mikemac

Here's proof for Michael's opening post.  Considering the United States still has over nine million (that's 9,000,000) active covid cases (source) countries in Africa are doing fantastic seeing many of the African countries have less than 100 active covid cases.
Source - https://ncov2019.live/data/africa 
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

King Wenceslas

Covid just doesn't have much effect on them? And why?

Or they don't count covid deaths because they are so backward?

Lynne

Quote from: King Wenceslas on November 25, 2021, 09:58:03 PM

medicine for malaria - HCQ?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

mikemac

Quote from: Prayerful on November 25, 2021, 11:00:56 AM
They seem to be talking about a Botswana variant. It seems a means to rope Africa into this scam, and prolong it worldwide.

Yeah there is something fishy about this.  I remember them talking about a South African variant last spring.  Here's proof.

QuoteJERUSALEM, April 18 (Reuters) - The coronavirus variant discovered in South Africa can break through the protection provided by Pfizer Inc and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine to some extent, a real-world data study in Israel found.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/south-african-variant-may-break-through-pfizer-vaccine-protection-vaccine-highly-2021-04-18/

Yet the CBC News this morning had "Breaking News" about a new 'highly transmissible' Omicron variant from South Africa.  And there's plans of limiting travel from seven south African countries.  They think the problem is that south Africans aren't vaccinated enough and there's talk about "helping" them get the vaccine.
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

Source

mikemac

Quote from: Prayerful on November 25, 2021, 11:00:56 AM

I think you nailed it Prayerful.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-59427770

QuoteCovid: US joins EU in restricting flights from southern Africa over new coronavirus variant
US officials said flights from South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi will be blocked, mirroring earlier moves taken by the EU. The ban will come into effect on Monday.

So it's eight countries, not seven that flights are being banned from.  This doesn't make any sense seeing the United States still has over 9,000,000 active cases.  Unless these numbers for active cases for the eight countries are way out of date, which I doubt.

South Africa 19,938 active cases.
Botswana 532 active cases.
Zimbabwe 505 active cases.
Namibia 114 active cases.
Lesotho 7,436 active cases.
Eswatini 38 active cases.
Mozambique 104 active cases.
Malawi 819 active cases.

Source - https://ncov2019.live/data/africa

Yeah Lynne they don't need the vaccine probably because they've been using HCQ.

Source

Dino

Quote from: King Wenceslas on November 25, 2021, 09:58:03 PM

Or they don't count covid deaths because they are so backward?
[/quote

They don't have many televisions..