Author Topic: Will your priest sign a vaccine exemption letter?  (Read 126 times)

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
Will your priest sign a vaccine exemption letter?
« on: November 25, 2021, 02:03:42 AM »
Some evangelical prot coworker of mine was able to get a religious exemption because his "pastor" wrote a letter for him. I do not know of any of my NO Catholic coworkers getting any religious exemptions.

I have read that the SSPX doesn't allow its priests to do that. Is this true? What about the other trad groups?
Quotes from Archbishop Lefebvre:

"[...W]e are not of this religion. We do not accept this new religion. We are of the religion of all time; we are of the Catholic religion. We are not of this 'universal religion' as they call it today-this is not the Catholic religion any more.
(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

“This Council represents, in our view and in the view of the Roman authorities, a new Church which they call the Conciliar Church.(Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"All those who cooperate in the application of this upheaval, accept and adhere to this new Conciliar Church [...] enter into schism." (Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"It is easy to think that whoever opposes the Council and its new Gospel would be considered as excommunicated, as outside communion with the Church. But one may well ask them, communion with what Church? They would answer, no doubt, with the Conciliar Church."
(I Accuse the Council, p. xiii, 1976)

"[Popes Pius VI through Pius XII] have resisted the union of the Church with the [French] Revolution; it is an adulterous union and from such a union only bastards can come. The rite of the new mass is a bastard rite, the sacraments are bastard sacraments. We no longer know if they are sacraments which give grace or do not give it. The priests coming out of the seminaries are bastard priests, who do not know what they are."
(An Open Letter to Confused Catholics [Fowler Wright Books, Ltd., for the Society of St. Pius X in 1986], p. 116)

Offline GMC

• Hellebardier
Re: Will your priest sign a vaccine exemption letter?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2021, 05:04:31 AM »
Here (Spain) there isn't religious exemption for this. Anyway, they can't fire you from work for refusing to get vaccinated because it's illegal.The government cannot make the vaccination mandatory without changing the Constitution.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 05:41:15 AM by GMC »

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste, Prayerful, Christe Eleison, Melkor, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline Therese

• Hellebardier
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2021, 09:18:28 AM »
I have read that the SSPX doesn't allow its priests to do that. Is this true?

That is absolutely not true. I know that people have been given exemption letters by their priest.

Also, the SSPX US District consulted an employment lawyer on how the law works and in what way people should go about applying for an exemption and how to deal with complications, etc.. They sent detailed instructions, with multiple sample letters out to all their priests on how people should go about it. I saw it when someone posted it online.

In the US it is a personal attestation of one's sincerely held religious beliefs. Heck, even an atheist can do it.
It does not require a priest's or religious leader's signature. I suggest people read up on it and how it works.

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2021, 02:10:27 PM »
I have read that the SSPX doesn't allow its priests to do that. Is this true?

That is absolutely not true. I know that people have been given exemption letters by their priest.

Also, the SSPX US District consulted an employment lawyer on how the law works and in what way people should go about applying for an exemption and how to deal with complications, etc.. They sent detailed instructions, with multiple sample letters out to all their priests on how people should go about it. I saw it when someone posted it online.
Would you please post the detailed instrutions or some exemption letters here? I'd really like to see the logic they used, especially when top SSPX leadership publicly said that the vaccine is permissible.

In the US it is a personal attestation of one's sincerely held religious beliefs. Heck, even an atheist can do it.
It does not require a priest's or religious leader's signature. I suggest people read up on it and how it works.
From what I understand most personal attestations alone are denied. Yes, an application for a religious exemption does not require someone else's signature but you can't deny that having a priest's letter would help.
Quotes from Archbishop Lefebvre:

"[...W]e are not of this religion. We do not accept this new religion. We are of the religion of all time; we are of the Catholic religion. We are not of this 'universal religion' as they call it today-this is not the Catholic religion any more.
(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

“This Council represents, in our view and in the view of the Roman authorities, a new Church which they call the Conciliar Church.(Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"All those who cooperate in the application of this upheaval, accept and adhere to this new Conciliar Church [...] enter into schism." (Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"It is easy to think that whoever opposes the Council and its new Gospel would be considered as excommunicated, as outside communion with the Church. But one may well ask them, communion with what Church? They would answer, no doubt, with the Conciliar Church."
(I Accuse the Council, p. xiii, 1976)

"[Popes Pius VI through Pius XII] have resisted the union of the Church with the [French] Revolution; it is an adulterous union and from such a union only bastards can come. The rite of the new mass is a bastard rite, the sacraments are bastard sacraments. We no longer know if they are sacraments which give grace or do not give it. The priests coming out of the seminaries are bastard priests, who do not know what they are."
(An Open Letter to Confused Catholics [Fowler Wright Books, Ltd., for the Society of St. Pius X in 1986], p. 116)

Offline mikemac

• Hauptmann
  • Religion: Catholic
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima’s prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is “despair, overcome.”
Source