Author Topic: Message from 3rd Secret of Fatima Miracle  (Read 657 times)

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
Re: Message from 3rd Secret of Fatima Miracle
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2021, 06:40:42 PM »
I remember reading "Waiting for the Apocalypse" by Veronica Chater. I think her Dad thought Portugal was the answer.  TLDR; it wasn't.

Man, that book was depressing.
Indeed. It made quite a stir in my local trad circle at the time. Frankly, I don't believe large parts of her story but it is a lesson for those who believe in every apparition they read or decide to radically change their lives based on them.
Quotes from Archbishop Lefebvre:

"[...W]e are not of this religion. We do not accept this new religion. We are of the religion of all time; we are of the Catholic religion. We are not of this 'universal religion' as they call it today-this is not the Catholic religion any more.
(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

“This Council represents, in our view and in the view of the Roman authorities, a new Church which they call the Conciliar Church.(Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"All those who cooperate in the application of this upheaval, accept and adhere to this new Conciliar Church [...] enter into schism." (Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"It is easy to think that whoever opposes the Council and its new Gospel would be considered as excommunicated, as outside communion with the Church. But one may well ask them, communion with what Church? They would answer, no doubt, with the Conciliar Church."
(I Accuse the Council, p. xiii, 1976)

"[Popes Pius VI through Pius XII] have resisted the union of the Church with the [French] Revolution; it is an adulterous union and from such a union only bastards can come. The rite of the new mass is a bastard rite, the sacraments are bastard sacraments. We no longer know if they are sacraments which give grace or do not give it. The priests coming out of the seminaries are bastard priests, who do not know what they are."
(An Open Letter to Confused Catholics [Fowler Wright Books, Ltd., for the Society of St. Pius X in 1986], p. 116)

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 09:54:37 AM »
I just have a few questions I want people to think about...

1) Has the SSPX or any other traditional Catholic group affiliated with, supported and/or unified with any Portuguese traditional Catholic group that preserved the true Dogma? If not, why did it not dawn on any traditional Catholic priest/bishop to seek out this Portuguese Church and do so? Which leads me to another related question...

2) Is it possible to have more than 1 Church be true in their teachings yet not unified?

If the SSPX or any other traditional Catholic group cannot identify this true Portuguese Catholic Church then that tells me something about them. Why did it not dawn on them to do so once the 3rd secret of Fatima was released in 2000?

Offline ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 10:41:01 AM »
why did it not dawn on

ponder this yourself

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
why did it not dawn on

ponder this yourself

I think you are accursed (something is not right about the way you think). I just showed you that I have pondered this. I will be trying to find this Church.

The funny thing is, your making a fool out of yourself in front of all these people. Anybody with half a brain would see what I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 11:11:02 AM by Mattchew83 »

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 01:51:27 PM »
Has the SSPX or any other traditional Catholic group affiliated with, supported and/or unified with any Portuguese traditional Catholic group that preserved the true Dogma? If not, why did it not dawn on any traditional Catholic priest/bishop to seek out this Portuguese Church and do so?
What's the name of this "Portuguese traditional Catholic group" or "Portuguese Church"?

"[...W]e are not of this religion. We do not accept this new religion. We are of the religion of all time; we are of the Catholic religion. We are not of this 'universal religion' as they call it today-this is not the Catholic religion any more.
(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

“This Council represents, in our view and in the view of the Roman authorities, a new Church which they call the Conciliar Church.(Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"All those who cooperate in the application of this upheaval, accept and adhere to this new Conciliar Church [...] enter into schism." (Le Figaro, August 4, 1976)

"It is easy to think that whoever opposes the Council and its new Gospel would be considered as excommunicated, as outside communion with the Church. But one may well ask them, communion with what Church? They would answer, no doubt, with the Conciliar Church."

"[Popes Pius VI through Pius XII] have resisted the union of the Church with the [French] Revolution; it is an adulterous union and from such a union only bastards can come. The rite of the new mass is a bastard rite, the sacraments are bastard sacraments. We no longer know if they are sacraments which give grace or do not give it. The priests coming out of the seminaries are bastard priests, who do not know what they are."
(An Open Letter to Confused Catholics [Fowler Wright Books, Ltd., for the Society of St. Pius X in 1986], p. 116)

Offline LausTibiChriste

• Pureblood
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • sip sip
  • Religion: Russian Greek Catholic in training
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 02:01:57 PM »
why did it not dawn on

ponder this yourself

I think you are accursed (something is not right about the way you think). I just showed you that I have pondered this. I will be trying to find this Church.

The funny thing is, your making a fool out of yourself in front of all these people. Anybody with half a brain would see what I'm talking about.

You're an idiot and your accusatory trope posting is so 2015 so find a new schtick
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

The following users thanked this post: MaximGun, Melkor

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2021, 02:46:56 PM »
why did it not dawn on

ponder this yourself

You're an idiot and your accusatory trope posting is so 2015 so find a new schtick
He may be be but his criticisms of Chairman are spot on.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:31:58 PM by GiftOfGod »

(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »
I just showed you that I have pondered this.

Have you?

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2021, 12:04:56 AM »
Has the SSPX or any other traditional Catholic group affiliated with, supported and/or unified with any Portuguese traditional Catholic group that preserved the true Dogma? If not, why did it not dawn on any traditional Catholic priest/bishop to seek out this Portuguese Church and do so?
What's the name of this "Portuguese traditional Catholic group" or "Portuguese Church"?

I have no idea. Nor do I have any idea what they might believe in. I imagine it exists though. You really think I am an idiot like they say?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:41:13 AM by Mattchew83 »

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2021, 12:05:54 AM »
why did it not dawn on

ponder this yourself

Isn't this slander (a mortal sin)? Your not looking so good yourself there bud.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:16:53 AM by Mattchew83 »

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2021, 12:26:25 AM »
You really think I am an idiot like they say?
Calm down. If you're gonna let Chairman rile you up this much you should just leave for your own sake.

(Sermon, June 29, 1976)

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2021, 10:39:10 AM »

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2021, 12:16:17 PM »
I imagine it exists though.

Why?

We can say for sure that a true Catholic Church exists in Portugal. I don't think we can say the same for anywhere else. It must also be a traditional Catholic Church of some kind.

It seems to me that we should all be working together to try to figure out how exactly the true Dogma of the Faith was preserved in Portugal. It would be the safe thing to do.

If you don't want to follow what a Marian Apparition has said then be my guest. But, in this case, there were thousands of witnesses at the Miracle of the Sun. The Miracle of Fatima must be true. I trust in the 3rd Secret of Fatima.

Also, the Bible says that 2 or 3 witnesses (2 Corinthians 13:1) is enough. There were 3 children (witnesses) to the Marian Apparitions at Fatima.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:00:16 PM by Mattchew83 »

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2021, 12:42:26 PM »
We can say for sure that a true Catholic Church exists in Portugal. I don't think we can say the same for anywhere else. It must also be a traditional Catholic Church of some kind.

It seems to me that we should all be working together to try to figure out how exactly the true Dogma of the Faith was preserved in Portugal. It would be the safe thing to do.

If you don't want to follow what a Marian Apparition has said then be my guest. But, in this case, there were thousands of witnesses at the Miracle of the Sun. The Miracle of Fatima must be true. I trust in the 3rd Secret of Fatima.

In your reading of the message, you have inserted an extra meaning that was not present in the original.  The following propositions are not equivalent.

Proposition A:  In Portugal, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved.
Proposition B:  In Portugal alone, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved.

Your thread is not offensive because I have some issue with Fatima.  I am enrolled in the brown scapular, wear it at all times, pray at least five decades every day, and make the First Saturdays devotion every month.  We like Fatima a whole lot in this household.  No problems there.  Rather, your thread is offensive because you are putting words in Our Lady's mouth.

Online Mattchew83

• Hellebardier
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2021, 01:07:32 PM »

In your reading of the message, you have inserted an extra meaning that was not present in the original.  The following propositions are not equivalent.

Proposition A:  In Portugal, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved.
Proposition B:  In Portugal alone, the dogma of the faith will always be preserved.

Your thread is not offensive because I have some issue with Fatima.  I am enrolled in the brown scapular, wear it at all times, pray at least five decades every day, and make the First Saturdays devotion every month.  We like Fatima a whole lot in this household.  No problems there.  Rather, your thread is offensive because you are putting words in Our Lady's mouth.

Did I actually say that Mary stated that the true Dogma of the Faith was only preserved in Portugal? Or did I just represent it as a possibility? If I did say that She said that then I apologize. But I don't think I did.

I think it is fair to question exactly how the true Dogma of the Faith was preserved in Portugal. I think it is the safe thing to do. Am I actually making any claims in this statement?

I have recently sent out an email to the SSPX with some important questions. Hopefully they will respond, and that will help us draw some conclusions. I will be sharing their response in this thread.

If the true Catholic Church were present in many countries, then why would She bother to say that about Portugal?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 01:10:52 PM by Mattchew83 »