Author Topic: Kyle Rittenhouse IS ...a Black Lives Matter activist  (Read 734 times)

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Kyle Rittenhouse IS ...a Black Lives Matter activist
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2021, 02:50:47 PM »
Do you care to explain why he met with the national leader of the Proud Boys in Florida? This accusation by the prosecution went unchallenged by the defense in the bail rehearing.

This article answers your question: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2021/07/05/kyle-rittenhouse-american-vigilante

Six days after the Capitol assault, Rittenhouse and his mother flew with Pierce to Miami for three days. The person who picked them up at the airport was Enrique Tarrio—the Proud Boys leader. Tarrio was Pierce’s purported client, and not long after the shootings in Kenosha he had donated a hundred dollars or so to Rittenhouse’s legal-defense fund. They all went to a Cuban restaurant, for lunch.

The Rittenhouses would not say what was discussed at the meal. Hancock, who wasn’t there, clearly understood that it didn’t look good. He insisted to me that the Rittenhouses were uncomfortable with the meeting, and blamed Pierce for orchestrating the encounter and exposing Rittenhouse “to elements that hurt him.” Hancock, who told me that the Proud Boys are “fucking losers,” said that Rittenhouse initially “may have thought it was kind of cool to see people fighting for him, but when he learned what they were all about it didn’t sit well with him.” He added, “He’s just as horrified by the white-supremacist part of it as anybody.”

The Miami lunch did not become publicly known. But the next day the prosecutors in Kenosha filed a motion—based on the surveillance footage from Pudgy’s—asking the court to make it a condition of Rittenhouse’s bond that he avoid contact with “known members of any violent white power / white supremacist groups.”

The Rittenhouses stayed at a Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables. According to Hancock, the family didn’t see Tarrio again. The court soon accepted the modification to Rittenhouse’s bond agreement, and also restricted him from possessing or consuming alcohol.

Rittenhouse fired Pierce, via FaceTime, on February 1st. Since then, Hancock told me, he has advised the family to reject overtures from other extremist figures and to stop appearing on right-wing media programs.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline GiftOfGod

• "The new mass, sacraments, and priests are bastards." - Archbishop Lefebvre, An Open Letter to Confused Catholics, page 116
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic (traditional)
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2021, 02:53:22 PM »
My coworker quoted Kyle's Tucker interview. Supposedly he said "imagine what would have happened to me if I was a person of color". Can anyone confirm this?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Offline ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2021, 03:09:08 PM »
My coworker quoted Kyle's Tucker interview. Supposedly he said "imagine what would have happened to me if I was a person of color". Can anyone confirm this?

I can confirm your coworker watched the interview.
this page left intentionally blank

Online james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2021, 06:39:53 PM »
Hancock, who told me that the Proud Boys are “fucking losers,” said that Rittenhouse initially “may have thought it was kind of cool to see people fighting for him, but when he learned what they were all about it didn’t sit well with him.” He added, “He’s just as horrified by the white-supremacist part of it as anybody.”

Virtue signaling by a cuck.  This cucking on the right has to stop.  Kyle needs to walk around with a MAGA hat and a Proud Boys shirt and tell everyone to kiss his arse.  The Proud Boys are a good organization.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: LausTibiChriste, clau clau, Melkor

Offline GiftOfGod

• "The new mass, sacraments, and priests are bastards." - Archbishop Lefebvre, An Open Letter to Confused Catholics, page 116
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2021, 07:25:32 PM »
Hancock, who told me that the Proud Boys are “fucking losers,” said that Rittenhouse initially “may have thought it was kind of cool to see people fighting for him, but when he learned what they were all about it didn’t sit well with him.” He added, “He’s just as horrified by the white-supremacist part of it as anybody.”

Virtue signaling by a cuck.  This cucking on the right has to stop.  Kyle needs to walk around with a MAGA hat and a Proud Boys shirt and tell everyone to kiss his arse.  The Proud Boys are a good organization.
Then by your logic Kyle is a "cuck". He virtue signaled that be supports BLM and he said, in different words, that he was treated by better because of his white privilege. Kyle's extremely bluepilled if be thinks like this after people tried to kill him, after the government tried to put him behind bars, and after half the country has been stirred-up to hate him. What  life experience will it take for Kyle to not hold typical Generation Z beliefs?
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2021, 11:58:29 PM »

Kyle said the following in the latest of his video interview:
‘I didn’t know that the "okay" hand sign was a symbol for white supremacy - just as I didn’t know those people in the bar were Proud Boys,’

The meetings with the Proud Boys “were set up by my former attorney, who was fired because of that, for putting me in situations like that with people I don’t agree with,”

Rittenhouse said his former lawyers discussed having the Proud Boys provide security, and said he didn’t hire them because he didn’t “want anything to do with them.

In the interview, Rittenhouse called [Lin] Wood “insane” and said he was fired in part because he believed in Qanon conspiracies.

Somehow I don't think that Kyle is going to be wearing a Proud Boys shirt and I don't think Linn Wood is going to turn over the bail money to Kyle.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/banfield/kyle-rittenhouse-blames-former-lawyers-for-proud-boys-photo/

Offline trentcath

• Feldwebel
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2021, 10:19:12 AM »
Do you know that these are Proud Boys?
If it looks like a duck... Besides, even his defense didn't try to rebut the prosecutor's claim that Kyle met with Proud Boys in that bar.

The defense was that Kyle did not know that these people were Proud Boys.  Kyle went to a bar where some strangers came up him, giving him praise and support.  Since Kyle was a minor celebrity at this point, he probably encountered this sort of thing repeatedly.  I find his claim that he did not know who they were highly plausible.  It is not like they carried a big sign.  Since Kyle was not involved in the white power movement, there is no reason he would have known the significance of the OK sign.

The prosecution, media and countless leftist Internet sleuths were all looking for evidence that Kyle was involved in extremist groups.  The only thing that all these resources could produce was evidence that Kyle once talked to some Proud Boys.  It is hard to believe that they would not have turned up far more than this if there were any truth to it.

The entire leftist narrative is a collection of lies.  He was not driven to the riot by his mother. He was not a right wing extremist looking to kill people.  He was not an outsider come to Kenosha to make trouble.  All the evidence shows that he was a good kid with a history of helping people.  While technically he was from out of state, he lived just across the state border.  He worked in Kenosha and had friends and family living there. 

I am confident that, if there had been some sort of natural disaster like a flood in Kenosha, Kyle would have been there volunteering to help because that is the sort of kid he was.  This was the sort of civic-mindedness and idealism that led him to help when the town was under attack from rioters (many of whom were actual out-of-state trouble makers).

You have been repeating the leftist narrative here, stubbornly clinging to it as, piece by piece, each point is disproven.  When are you going to recognize that you need to throw the whole thing out and start over? 

Kyle was a well-intentioned kid who was just trying to help.  Even many left leaning people acknowledge that because the evidence is so over-whelming.  Rosenbaum was mentally ill, suicidal, raging and aggressive.  He was running around destroying things and screaming at people to shoot him.  Rosenbaum pursued Kyle, attacked him and tried to take his rifle.  It was textbook self-defence.  And if Kyle hadn't been there, Rosenbaum would likely have found someone else to shoot him because that is how his illness was manifesting. 

Rosenbaum's death in the middle of a riot almost inevitably led to more violence and deaths, as a murderous mob formed to get revenge.  It is amazing that there was only one other death at this point.  If Kyle had not had remarkable trigger discipline, there almost certainly would have been a much worse situation.  Arguably Kyle's presence there saved lives.

Rare for me to agree with Jayne, but this is 100% correct  :beer:

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2021, 02:04:28 PM »
According to Kyle's post-verdict TV interviews, he's more likely to wear a MATH hat and a BLM shirt. MATH is an acronym for Andrew Yang's campaign slogan "Make America Think Harder".

Offline MaximGun

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2021, 02:16:58 AM »
What is all the state lines stuff about in the United States?

Was it always like that?  Or could you drive around in the 1950s or 1910s with a gun in the glove box from state to state?

The state lines seem rather annoying.  You are a citizen with rights and a federal constitution but some of those rights stop at state lines.

Offline GiftOfGod

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2021, 02:49:55 AM »

Was it always like that?  Or could you drive around in the 1950s or 1910s with a gun in the glove box from state to state?

The state lines seem rather annoying.  You are a citizen with rights and a federal constitution but some of those rights stop at state lines.
Federal jurisdiction. The U.S. Constitution restricts Congress to certain things and one way it has gotten around that is the Interstate Commerce clause which allows Congress to "regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes". Crossing state lines is an explicit "Federal nexus".

How is this relevant to Rittenhouse? People that hate him want him imprisoned and, since the state's case was shaky from day one, they are trying to pull the Federal government into it. Jerry Nadler, Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, even tweeted that the Federal law enforcement should investigate Kyle (he controls the USDOJ's budget).

I wrote more about it in the following posts:

Which part of the 5th Amendment?

The Double Jeopardy Clause.

"nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb..."
See Gamble v. United States, where the SCOTUS ruled 7-2 in 2019 that state and Federal governments can constitutionally prosecute someone for the exact same crime in their respective jurisdictions.

But in Rittenhouse case, there's a whole grab bag of other laws that prosecutors can use, if only to force a plea deal. It can be argued that Rittenhouse violated the Federal Anti-Riot Act (because he crossed state lines) as well as brandishing and discharging a semi-automatic firearm in a crime of violence (10 year mandatory minimum). They could also charge him with "conspiracy against rights" due to the First Amendment nature of the activity (protests). That carries a maximum penalty of death because he killed people. Would the prosecutors win at trial? I don't think so but it's a big gamble for the kid to make. I think that Rittenhouse being handcuffed immediately after winning the state case and facing decades behind bars (with no parole) will scare him into a plea deal. It's also a game of financial chicken. The Federal government has, relatively-speaking, an unlimited legal expenses budget. Rittenhouse does not.

The Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin (who is no doubt vying to be nominated by Biden and confirmed by the Democrat-controlled Senate) knows that Biden, Harris, many other top politicians as well as a majority of the country want Rittenhouse taken down, and he will oblige.

Kyle's (former) friend is charged by the DA with "two counts of intentionally giving a dangerous weapon to someone under 18, resulting in death". To my knowledge, there's no requirement that the person he gave the gun to be convicted.
The law does not consider the AR to be a "dangerous weapon".  The law cited classifies a dangerous weapon as a pistol, short barreled shotgun, or a short barreled rifle.  The judge already ruled on this and the dude's counsel will refer to that ruling.  I think it gets thrown out.
I couldn't find the statute that the friend was charged with. All I know is that he is charged by Bringer with what I quoted and he testified against Kyle in the "hopes" of a more lenient sentence in his own case.

He also violated the Federal straw purchase law: he knowingly made a false statement on an ATF form when he purchased the firearm by stating that the purchase was for himself and not on behalf of another.

This is the more serious charge.  It hinges on possession.  From my understanding of the facts the friend possessed the firearm, and Kyle would pick it up when he wanted to go shooting, and then return it.  Think about a teenager that saves up money and gets his Dad to purchase a gun.  The Dad always maintains possession of the gun, except when the kid wants to shoot.  Normally straw puchases happen when you buy the gun and give it to someone else, who gave you the money for it.  The friend has a good legal defense, but it is a gray area of the law.  It would be hard to predict which way the jury would go on it.
That's exactly what happened, according to the friend:

Black testified that shortly after he got an AR-15-style rifle, Rittenhouse expressed interest in one. During a trip to Black's family's hunting property in May 2020, Black agreed to buy a rifle for Rittenhouse, who was 17 and couldn't lawfully buy or possess one.

Black said he used Rittenhouse's money to make the purchase.

Black said they discussed knowing it was illegal, but agreed Rittenhouse wouldn't get the gun himself until he turned 18. They shot a couple hundred rounds that week, Black testified, and that was the only time Rittenhouse had used the weapon until Aug. 25, 2020.

Is transfer an element to the crime? I don't think so.

Yes, which is why he hasn't been charged with a straw man purchase.
I don't know about the state charge because I can't find the statute but I did do some research on the Federal crimes that Black and Rittenhouse committed. Note that "transfer" is not an element to the crime.

G.O.G.
Black was the actual purchaser. Even if he was purchasing on behalf of Kyle. If he had turned the weapon over to Kyle, then there is clear evidence that he was not.
Here's how it went:
A is not allowed to purchase a gun.
B is allowed to purchase a gun.
B agrees to purchase a gun for A.
A gives B money to purchase a gun for him (A).

B goes to a gun dealer and claims on an ATF form that he himself (B) is the "actual buyer", even though he is buying it for A.
Would you agree that the above happened and A is Kyle Rittenhouse and B is Dominick Black?

Blue is the crime of aiding-and-abetting (18 U.S.C. § 2), which B committed.
Here are the jury instructions for aiding-and-abetting (Pages 2 through 4):
https://www.ca3.uscourts.gov/sites/ca3/files/2014%20Chap%206%20FirearmOffenses%20final.pdf

Red is the underlying crime of False Statement in Purchase of a Firearm (18 U.S.C. § 922(a)(6)), which A committed.
Here are the jury instructions for False Statement in Purchase of a Firearm (Pages 9 through 12):
http://www.scd.uscourts.gov/pji/PatternJuryInstructions.pdf

Note this:
In Abramski v. United States, 134 S. Ct. 2259 (2014), the Supreme Court upheld the
conviction of a straw purchaser under the statute. The Court held that the statement regarding
the actual purchaser was both false and material, even though the straw purchased the firearm for
someone who could legally purchase and own a firearm.

Online james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2021, 12:37:14 PM »

Was it always like that?

Yes and no.  If you are talking about the Rittenhouse case, it was a media psy-op.  There MIGHT be some Federal nexus on traveling across State lines to commit a crime.  I know that applies to kid prostitution, and that's how they got the Feds involved in Epstein after the jew State lawyer let him walk.

It doesn't apply to Rittenhouse since his Dad lives there and he works there.  It definitely doesn't apply now since he is not guilty.

On the yes side, especially on the legal side you still have a lot of State's rights.  They run like separate countries.  So for example there is no Fed law against murder.  That is State jurisdiction.  You see it pop up now in the news with the FBI raid on O'keefe for the stolen diary.  EVERYONE knows it is BS because theft is a State jurisdiction.  They might try "transporting stolen property across State lines", but a judge would laugh them out of court on that for a $10 book.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez