Ivermectin was tested using aborted fetal cells!

Started by GiftOfGod, November 19, 2021, 07:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GiftOfGod

You read that correctly. So, morally-speaking, ivermectin is the same as the COVID vax, ivermectin users are the same as COVID vax users, and ivermectin promoters are the same as COVID vax promoters.

QuoteOn March 25, after it had long been established that [tests] for using ivermectin on COVID involved HEK-293, Trasancos posted that we should use ivermectin to treat COVID. The tests that even suggested ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine might work for COVID were done on HEK-293 cells. Sure, if one were using these drugs for things they were approved for decades ago without fetal cell lines, one could claim those tests are more indirect than on the vaccine. But there is no discernable difference between the connections to these as COVID treatments and the use of Moderna or Pfizer vaccines.

He claims this is "ethically uncompromised," but this does not hold water. The basic research on P2X4 receptors and ivermectin in 2004 & 2006, which is the basis for using it against COVID, relied on HEK-293. Prior to COVID, this drug was used almost exclusively on non-viral pests so it would not be something a doctor would have suggested using on a virus were that research not done. Plus, multiple studies directly about using ivermectin to treat COVID used HEK-293, and human clinical trials for a new use for this drug with significant negative side effects would require lab tests (such as those tests done on HEK-293) showing it was at least moderately effective there. Sure, this specific organization did not do any tests on HEK-293, but that would be like saying that if the US government lifts patents, all of a sudden it would be ethical to take the exact vaccine currently used so long as made by a generic pharmaceutical company. One can argue against companies based on other practices, as one person has told me they sought out Moderna over Pfizer because of some other things Pfizer has done unrelated to testing this vaccine, but that is a separate concern.

The reality is that using ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine is connected to abortion almost identically to the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. I cannot see any reasonable argument to avoid the vaccines but not these two drugs based on a connection to abortion. On the other hand, I can see reasons to prefer the vaccines as they are more effective (even the most optimistic tests for the others don't reach 95% effectiveness) and prevent transmission better (ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine are more for treating one once infected, not mainly preventing infection).

(I leave questions about the effectiveness or prudence of using ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine for COVID. This is a medical question to be answered by experts in that field not moral theologians like myself. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that the FDA recommends against using ivermectin for COVID.)

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/throughcatholiclenses/2021/06/anti-vaccine-catholics-break-moral-theology-principles/
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

this page left intentionally blank

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Gardener

You're retarded. About as retarded as Fr. Matthew whatever his name is, of the Legionaries of "Christ". The question is if it was developed using such things: so far as we know, the answer is no.

ETA: hilarious. This is an article by that grifting Legionary Novus Ordo  son of a bitch Schneider? Amazeballs.

If I develop traction control by testing different configurations on piles of dead babies, that's a problem in the same vein as medications being developed with immoral testing means as essentially part of the project.

If I develop the traction control and then I or some 3rd party decide, "Hrm, what happens if I drive on a pile of dead babies?" That has nothing to do with the development of said traction control.

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Gardener on November 19, 2021, 07:58:24 PM
You're retarded. About as retarded as Fr. Matthew whatever his name is, of the Legionaries of "Christ". The question is if it was developed using such things: so far as we know, the answer is no.

ETA: hilarious. This is an article by that grifting Legionary Novus Ordo  son of a bitch Schneider? Amazeballs.

If I develop traction control by testing different configurations on piles of dead babies, that's a problem in the same vein as medications being developed with immoral testing means as essentially part of the project.

If I develop the traction control and then I or some 3rd party decide, "Hrm, what happens if I drive on a pile of dead babies?" That has nothing to do with the development of said traction control.
I won't bother engaging with your infanticidal automobile fantasy. Come back when you're ready to talk like a normal person.
Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

Prayerful

Some of Fr Schneider LC's stuff is not wholly factual. I'd have thought an autist would be fussy about this.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

LausTibiChriste

Are we talking about who I think we're talking about? That poofy heretic who posts on Twitter all the time?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

diaduit

So knowing that some Satanists remove the Eucharist specifically for sacrilegious attack does that stop you from taking communion Goggy?

Gardener

Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 19, 2021, 09:18:25 PM

I won't bother engaging with your infanticidal automobile fantasy. Come back when you're ready to talk like a normal person.

I'm not sure what you find insufficient about it. It graphically demonstrates the principle at play. Fr. Schneider, LC doesn't get to just willy nilly invent moral theology and medical ethics to suit his argument, and he isn't engaging with the argument as posited by the anti-abortion-fetal-cell tainted vaccines milieu. He's building strawmen.

His argument's premise rests on, I believe, the "association" fallacy.

It's retarded.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Gardener on November 23, 2021, 09:27:34 AM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on November 19, 2021, 09:18:25 PM

I'm not sure what you find insufficient about it. It graphically demonstrates the principle at play. Fr. Schneider, LC doesn't get to just willy nilly invent moral theology and medical ethics to suit his argument, and he isn't engaging with the argument as posited by the anti-abortion-fetal-cell tainted vaccines milieu. He's building strawmen.

His argument's premise rests on, I believe, the "association" fallacy.

It's retarded.

Scneider is absolute trash
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

lauermar

"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: lauermar on December 02, 2021, 09:44:47 AM
:popcorn:

I'd put that down if I were you.  It's beyond stale at this point - probably growing mold!