Meet my new additions to the family

Started by diaduit, December 19, 2020, 08:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Non Nobis

Congratulations!

My brother's family has a CAT named Bridie but it is male. Diaduit I imagine your goat is female, since I read Bridie is 12 times more often used for a girl?

My niece wanted to (or did?) name the kitten Bridget, but then found out it was male.
So the name was changed to "Bridie" after a male character in "Brideshead Revisited" by Evelyn Waugh.
[Matthew 8:26]  And Jesus saith to them: Why are you fearful, O ye of little faith? Then rising up he commanded the winds, and the sea, and there came a great calm.

[Job  38:1-5]  Then the Lord answered Job out of a whirlwind, and said: [2] Who is this that wrappeth up sentences in unskillful words? [3] Gird up thy loins like a man: I will ask thee, and answer thou me. [4] Where wast thou when I laid up the foundations of the earth? tell me if thou hast understanding. [5] Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it?

Jesus, Mary, I love Thee! Save souls!

diaduit

Yes, Bridie here in Ireland is a very very common version of Bridget for ladies and Peggy comes from Margaret and my little goats are two females.

GiftOfGod

Quote from: Maximilian on December 30, 2021, 11:15:48 AM
Quote from: Goldfinch on December 30, 2021, 10:36:10 AM
Quote from: Innocent Smith on December 30, 2021, 10:25:55 AM
If attending Mass, the ordinary form as celebrated everyday around the world be sinful, then the Church no longer exists. Period.
Rather, if the NOM were the lex credendi of the Church, then the Church would no longer exist. However, the true mass and the true sacraments still exist and will hold the candle of faith until Our Lord steps in to restore His Bride to her glory.
We could compare ourselves to the Catholics in England at the time of the Reformation. Was it sinful for them to attend Cranmer's service?
We have to remind ourselves that all the machinery of the "Church" continued in place. They had priests, bishops, churches, cathedrals. But all of them were using the new "Book of Common Prayer" instead of the Catholic Mass. Ordinary lay people could see with their own eyes an enormous entity that called itself the "Church," but did the true Church still exist in that situation? Meanwhile, in small hiding places in certain homes were a handful of true priests offering the true Mass at the risk of imprisonment, torture and death.

diaduit

Christe Eleison

Quote from: diaduit on December 19, 2020, 08:49:10 AM
Meet my new additions

Bridie and Peggy

They are so cute! :thumbsup: Have they behaved themselves?  ;D

Have you made any cheese with the milk? Yogurt?
The yogurt should be delicious! :D

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

diaduit

Quote from: red solo cup on September 16, 2021, 04:29:02 AM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 20, 2020, 03:27:02 AM
Meet my new additions

Bridie and Peggy

For milk or meat?
Muslim dating site.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are in heat at the moment so I'm hoping to introduce them to King puc, light a few candles, finest forage and bobs your uncle hopefully we will have kids in the spring.  Have a confirmation this weekend so date night will have to wait another few days.

red solo cup

Quote from: diaduit on September 16, 2021, 12:12:10 PM
Quote from: red solo cup on September 16, 2021, 04:29:02 AM
Quote from: GiftOfGod on December 20, 2020, 03:27:02 AM
Meet my new additions

Bridie and Peggy

For milk or meat?

Muslim dating site.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They are in heat at the moment so I'm hoping to introduce them to King puc, light a few candles, finest forage and bobs your uncle hopefully we will have kids in the spring.  Have a confirmation this weekend so date night will have to wait another few days.
I was wondering how you can tell when your does are in heat? I used to have milking goats (Saanens). I had a bandana which we would wrap around a buck's neck for an hour or so. Boy was it rank. We'd keep the cloth in a jar with a lid and when we suspected a doe was  ready,  we would let them sniff the jar. If the doe was in heat they would immediately squat and pee. Then I'd stuff her in the hatchback of my Toyota a drive an hour to the next county where a friend had a buck.
non impediti ratione cogitationis