Author Topic: how are ye all handling family that are vaxxed?  (Read 4004 times)

Offline tradne4163

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: how are ye all handling family that are vaxxed?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2021, 10:56:44 PM »
I donít make a big fight about it. My non-religious brother is vaccinated. I am not. It helps that Iím pretty much a homebody when Iím not at work or at my parish. So taking a holding position like I am wonít affect my life too much for the time being. If thereís a solution Iím more comfortable with down the road, Iíll consider it given my respiratory issues (mild asthma with occasional rescue inhaler use). My bout with the original strain was pretty hard on me.
Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Take any post I write with a grain of salt. I've been wrong before, and can be again

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans FrontiŤres
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2021, 09:14:37 AM »
It is simply wrong to treat this as a matter of faith

Every moral decision is a matter of faith.  Your casual dismissal of a complicated moral issue is so uninformed that it's Not Even Wrong.

I had already written, months ago, a lot of complex posts about why your position is wrong and did not wish to repeat myself.  It is highly likely that I am more informed about Catholic moral theology (both in general and how it pertains to this issue) than you are.

It is interesting to see you acknowledge this as a complicated moral issue, since you have been consistently writing about it in a simplistic manner.  You even went so far as to misuse the prayer request subforum by pretending to pray for "the conversion and repentance of everyone" who had been vaccinated.  (This sort of grandstanding borders on blasphemy so I recommend that you avoid it in the future.)

There is no reason to think that anyone who has been vaccinated for Covid needs to convert and repent of having done so.  It is a perfectly valid moral decision that is consistent with Catholic teaching.  Those of you who are carrying on as if we now have an eleventh Commandment "Thou shalt not receive a Covid vaccine" are the ones who are in error.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The following users thanked this post: gorignak

Offline ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2021, 09:36:31 AM »
It is highly likely that I am more informed about Catholic moral theology (both in general and how it pertains to this issue) than you are.

Prove it.  Your initial comment in this thread is so drastically oversimplified and misleading that ignorance is the only charitable explanation.

You even went so far as to misuse the prayer request subforum by pretending to pray for "the conversion and repentance of everyone" who had been vaccinated.  (This sort of grandstanding borders on blasphemy so I recommend that you avoid it in the future.)

I request prayers for them because they are likely to die soon, not because I think they're culpable for receiving the "vaccine".  I think they're as ignorant as you are.
this page left intentionally blank

The following users thanked this post: Christe Eleison, MaximGun

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans FrontiŤres
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 09:48:46 AM »
It is highly likely that I am more informed about Catholic moral theology (both in general and how it pertains to this issue) than you are.

Prove it.  Your initial comment in this thread is so drastically oversimplified and misleading that ignorance is the only charitable explanation.

I have nothing to prove to you.  You can search my post history if you are curious.  Here is one thread to get you started: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25344.0

You have only been registered/posting on this forum for two weeks.  Members are not obliged to rewrite everything they posted here before that time for your benefit.

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2021, 10:11:49 AM »
I have nothing to prove to you.  You can search my post history if you are curious.  Here is one thread to get you started: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=25344.0

You didn't contribute anything of substance to that thread.  It seems to be a shallow back-and-forth between a few people who appear to let the SSPX do their thinking for them and a few who faithfully attempt to parse this new situation through the logic of the CDF's 2005 teaching:

To summarize, it must be confirmed that:

• there is a grave responsibility to use alternative vaccines and to make a conscientious objection with regard to those which have moral problems;
  • as regards the vaccines without an alternative, the need to contest so that others may be prepared must be reaffirmed, as should be the lawfulness of using the former in the meantime insomuch as is necessary in order to avoid a serious risk not only for one's own children but also, and perhaps more specifically, for the health conditions of the population as a whole - especially for pregnant women;
  • the lawfulness of the use of these vaccines should not be misinterpreted as a declaration of the lawfulness of their production, marketing and use, but is to be understood as being a passive material cooperation and, in its mildest and remotest sense, also active, morally justified as an extrema ratio due to the necessity to provide for the good of one's children and of the people who come in contact with the children (pregnant women);
  • such cooperation occurs in a context of moral coercion of the conscience of parents, who are forced to choose to act against their conscience or otherwise, to put the health of their children and of the population as a whole at risk. This is an unjust alternative choice, which must be eliminated as soon as possible.

Given the grave responsibility to use alternatives (if they exist), it is simply a flat-out lie to say that there are no moral problems with the vaccine.

You have only been registered/posting on this forum for two weeks.  Members are not obliged to rewrite everything they posted here before that time for your benefit.

And yet you chose not to engage but to appeal to your own self-proclaimed authority.

The following users thanked this post: MaximGun

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans FrontiŤres
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2021, 12:10:56 PM »
Given the grave responsibility to use alternatives (if they exist), it is simply a flat-out lie to say that there are no moral problems with the vaccine.

Since alternative vaccines do not exist for me (and the vast majority of people reading this), we meet the conditions under which it is moral to receive the vaccine.  In this context, it is quite reasonable to speak of there being no moral problems with the vaccine.  You seem to be going out of your way to make up nonsensical interpretations of my words.  I choose not to engage with you because you do not seem worth the bother.

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2021, 12:48:28 PM »
Something in my conscience tells me to have absolutely nothing to do with any medicine that uses aborted babies cells to develop, test or whatever.  I would much prefer to just die with a clean conscience in this regard.  It just seems completely evil to me.  And we know these evil people delight in their power over life and death and their ability to manipulate this stuff to their ends.  That disgusts me.

And just about every decent Trad priest I know objects to it as well.  Though, alarmingly, not all of them.  I know two Trad priests who think it is OK.  The modernist priests I have not asked, nor do I care, since they don't see the mess that the modern church is in.

I feel exactly the same about having a Ouija board in the house.  It is just a bridge too far.

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, james03, clau clau, diaduit, Christe Eleison, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2021, 01:13:16 PM »
I feel exactly the same about having a Ouija board in the house.  It is just a bridge too far.

"It's just a fun party game.  Don't be so scrupulous!"

A certain generation came of age right around the time America stopped believing in sin.  This generation tends not to see sin anywhere.

The following users thanked this post: clau clau, Christe Eleison, MaximGun

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2021, 08:06:14 PM »
I am vaccinated.

Do us a favor.  Get your ATM card and rub it over the injection site a few times and see if it still works in the ATM machine.  Let us know how it works out.  Asking for an Irish chick.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, diaduit, Christe Eleison

Offline james03

• Major
  • The Brutal Clarity of a Winter Morning
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2021, 08:13:19 PM »
I pointed out to him that he was quite happy to sit in our company in a small kitchen knowing we are not vaxxed.

If they are a pain the butt, I'd handle it like that.  Ask him why he gives a crap since he is vaxxed.  Supposedly he is now immune to Wu Flu.

I think deep down people are nervous about being experimental subjects.  It's kind of "crabs in a bucket".  They don't want to swell up and turn blue knowing they were idiots and you were not.  It's an emotional response, so reason probably isn't going to accomplish much.

What we do know is at best the vax is a bust.  In Israel if you got the 2 jabs, you are now considered "unvaccinated" and have to get a third jab to have your fascist vax passport turned back on.  At best it is just a bust.  Considering it may create spike proteins growing in your artery walls, or cause ADE, it might have some bad long term effects.

And don't forget, it makes your arm magnetic and turns the frogs gay (Alex Jones reference).
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, diaduit

Offline diaduit

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2021, 03:08:57 PM »
My friends friend texted her (she works in local college which has the walk in vaccination centre), friend texted this

'was talking to a vaccinator, she told me not to vaccinate my daughters (twin girls of 16 and another 6 yr old), she said that in 10 years time these women are going to be screaming, why can I not get pregnant.  She then said there were 1000's (I'm a small regional town) of children with adverse reactions'

There ya go, even the vaccinators are saying privately this is causing severe problems.

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints, Christe Eleison, ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Offline Christina_S

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
  • Fiat voluntas tua
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2021, 10:15:32 AM »
Lately, it's largely been ignored. But to be honest, I find my in-laws reasoning for why they got vaxxed to be problematic or just stupid.

"I just want things to go back to normal. I'm tired of it being like this."
"It's not a big deal, it's just one shot."
"Someone's gotta make the sacrifice so that things will go back to normal, so why not me?"

Earlier in the thread, someone asked why it's even an issue. Here's my side of the very legitimate existing issue.

The day we picked up the U-Haul for our cross-country move, just 48 hours before we were set to leave our home province for a five day drive, my husband received an email from the Catholic university where he was set to start taking his MA. They announced that only fully vaccinated students and staff would be permitted on campus, no exceptions. So as we were driving across Canada, he was trying to email as many of the university governors as he could to argue against the mandate and sort out whether he could switch to online classes. He heard from the archbishop's secretary, who said that some of the bishops were meeting with a moral theologian to discuss whether mandatory vaccines were okay. The other reply was from a vice-rector who basically said, "Well the pope said we should all get vaccinated, so that's why we're making everyone get vaccinated!"

We walked into the local pizza place last week and the first thing that came out of the cashier's mouth after "Bonjour" was the question of whether we were fully vaccinated. We said no and he replied that he would be unable to take our order. In this province, you cannot access ANY service deemed non-essential unless you are fully vaccinated.

There are rumours about people being denied healthcare because they are unvaccinated and rumours about even some essential services being restricted in the near future. My husband is receiving a second-rate online education because of a personal medical decision. He was hoping to work as a research assistant at the university, but now he's going to have a hard time getting a job of any kind because the majority of employers have mandated vaccination as a condition of employment. We can't even go out on a dinner date or to see a movie because we're somehow a menace to public health. I strongly suspect that things will worsen before they get better.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:42:35 AM by Christina_S »
"You cannot be a half-saint; you must be a whole saint or no saint at all." ~St. Therese of Lisieux

Check out the blog that I run with my husband!
Latest posts: - What is Faith?
- Form Your Catholic Sense
- Am I Third?

https://theromanticcatholic.wordpress.com/

The following users thanked this post: diaduit, Christe Eleison, Melkor

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »
"I just want things to go back to normal. I'm tired of it being like this."

I've heard this one from people who I thought were above this kind of reasoning.  Very sad.

We can't even go out on a dinner date or to see a movie because we're somehow a menace to public health. I strongly suspect that things will worsen before they get better.

Better to keep your money than to give it to any of the bootlickers going along with this genocide.

The following users thanked this post: Christina_S, Christe Eleison

Offline MaximGun

• Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Trad Catholic
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2021, 08:23:06 PM »
He should just get a fake vaccine certificate.

This thing cannot last.  It will collapse.

• Wachtmeister
  • LET'S GO BRANDON!
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2021, 08:25:51 PM »
He should just get a fake vaccine certificate.

This is like bribing a centurion for him to say that you burned incense.

(Still a lesser sin than taking the jab, though.)