Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Ask a Traditionalist / Re: Virtue First
« Last post by ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on Today at 05:08:11 PM »
Indeed it is a statement of fact -- a statement irrelevant to the question of whether women should or should not wear trousers (in some environments, in all environments, etc.)

You want me to stay on topic 20 pages in on a thread I made?

You show no rationality in your responses to me and I think you are either so full of malice there is nothing that I could expect to say or do to fix the situation, or you are deranged enough not to be in full rational control, and again, there is nothing I can expect to say or do to fix the situation.

Dawg, are you serious?  This response after your thread about suspicion?  There isn't a third option that doesn't attack Miriam's character?
« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 04:47:46 PM »
Indeed it is a statement of fact -- a statement irrelevant to the question of whether women should or should not wear trousers (in some environments, in all environments, etc.)

You want me to stay on topic 20 pages in on a thread I made?

You show no rationality in your responses to me and I think you are either so full of malice there is nothing that I could expect to say or do to fix the situation, or you are deranged enough not to be in full rational control, and again, there is nothing I can expect to say or do to fix the situation.
« Last post by Miriam_M on Today at 04:34:46 PM »
No one said they were, unless you can point to such a post.  This is called Straw Man logical fallacy.

I am glad the only fault you perceive in me is one of logic.

A statement of fact does not need to refer to any particular prior statement of anyone to be true. It is a stand alone statement. If you see it as accusatory, that is your judgement.

That depends on if you understand just what a vaccine does and does not do.

It does prime your immune system to recognize and fight a viral infection.

It does not create a SEP field around you making SARS-CoV-2 someone else's problem.

If I got three measles shots and still got the measles, I'd have questions about that one, too.

It is you who are redefining the purpose and effect of a vaccine so that you may continue calling the failed COVID "vaccines" such.

Beliefs vs breaking laws? 

Just because a criminal believes it is ok to rob someone's house because they have insurance doesn't mean that they won't suffer the consequences of passing a law.

This is your defense of concentration camps and "no jab no job"?

Utterly disgraceful.
« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 04:32:21 PM »
No one said they were, unless you can point to such a post.  This is called Straw Man logical fallacy.

I am glad the only fault you perceive in me is one of logic.

A statement of fact does not need to refer to any particular prior statement of anyone to be true. It is a stand alone statement. If you see it as accusatory, that is your judgement.
I have said all along that there are people saying ridiculous things on both sides.

To the best of my knowledge, there's no one who is oppressing his fellow citizens on account of his beliefs regarding the evil of the vaccine.

The evil of making excuses for Covidians is in the fact that Covidians are laying conditions upon normal human existence and sending objectors to concentration camps.

Beliefs vs breaking laws? 

Just because a criminal believes it is ok to rob someone's house because they have insurance doesn't mean that they won't suffer the consequences of passing a law.
« Last post by Miriam_M on Today at 04:29:46 PM »

I do not know what you read into what I wrote to say this.

A person without sanctifying grace is not sanctified by being well dressed.

You realize that  you are making a straw man argument, right?

"Covidians" are a product of your imagination, along with the positions they hold.

You need me to be the bad guy so that you can deflect internally from your own cognitive dissonance, having taken a vaccine that doesn't prevent disease.

Hi CJAMP,
That depends on if you understand just what a vaccine does and does not do.

It does prime your immune system to recognize and fight a viral infection.

It does not create a SEP field around you making SARS-CoV-2 someone else's problem.

For those members who didn't get the reference:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Somebody_else%27s_problem

Ask a Traditionalist / Sin
« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 04:23:00 PM »
And that goes for all who support or encourage or consent to such things. Do you think what you publish here means nothing? It is speech and it is published in public.

Posting or supporting lies and accusations are grave matters!

What good is it to think about what the best clothing is to wear when one harbours such evil in one's heart?

What good is it to think about "tone" and posting frequency when what one does is evil?

Would we correct a sodomite, adulterer, or murderer? Would we not be disgusted by their sins? Why shouldn't we be disgusted at all displays of grave evil? 

Opposing the known truth and obstinately remaining in sin (refusing correction and doubling down on lies and accusations) are among the worst sins!

« Last post by Pæniteo on Today at 04:14:46 PM »
A dead soul well dressed is no better off than any other dead soul.

Two logical fallacies there:  Straw man and false dichotomy, major.

For example, for all you wrote about men dressing sloppily, you thanked a false accusation and lie. Those accusations based on suspicion are potential mortal sins and participating in another person's mortal sin can also be a mortal sin.

Whether you have any sin or not is not known to me, but these acts are mortal sins by their nature.

Your animosity towards me, hysterical overreactions, and conduct unbecoming a Catholic are your problem, and I am not going to play your games any more: you are in a more advantageous position than me and you should be far better than me.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10