Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

Starship Troopers.

Would you like to know more?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Kaesekopf on May 31, 2015, 06:02:21 AM
Starship Troopers.

I would as a matter of fact.
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

Kaesekopf

It's a joke from the movie. ;)

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Lynne

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 31, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Late to the party, because it wasn't a very recent viewing, but it explains why I seldom see movies and why this last one was almost 6 months ago.   I hated Mr. Turner.  Went with my daughter.  Both of us love art, and I love biography as well, so we expected something more tasteful than scene after scene of gratuitous sex.  I notice that in none of the reviews or synopses is there any mention of that.  Why?  Because audiences and critics alike have come to expect gratuitous sex as the norm.  I'm sure the critics would have howled if there weren't lots of gratuitous sex.

We both walked away feeling angry.

I'll stick with Turner Classic Movies, thank you.  Nice and safe.  And usually a lot more interesting.

Call me boring, I don't care.

If we're not watching sports, we're watching TCM, thank goodness...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Arun

Starship Troopers.

i heard the book is meant to be a must-read book, but it's different from the movie because the screen writer that adapted it only read a couple chapters. the book is meant to be a vehicle for explaining the concepts and responsibilities of citizenship in a free country and the requirement for constant vigilance. i gotta remember to try find the book...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

piabee

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Arun on May 31, 2015, 03:20:19 PM
Starship Troopers.

i heard the book is meant to be a must-read book, but it's different from the movie because the screen writer that adapted it only read a couple chapters. the book is meant to be a vehicle for explaining the concepts and responsibilities of citizenship in a free country and the requirement for constant vigilance. i gotta remember to try find the book...

I would not compare the movie to the book outside of the name.  Things were already in production by the time the director knew there was a book with a kinda-similar plotline.

The movie is a great watch for some biting satire.  It's really remarkable especially in our post-9/11 world.  Because the only good terrorist is a dead terrorist.

Rose

Quote from: piabee on June 01, 2015, 09:54:36 AM
San Andreas

How was it? I've been wanting to see this for ages!

In terms of family-friendliness, how is it visually- I know there's nothing particularly outrageous in the storyline, but what about the women's outfits if younger lads are watching it?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

piabee

Quote from: Rose on June 01, 2015, 10:26:25 AM
Quote from: piabee on June 01, 2015, 09:54:36 AM
San Andreas

How was it? I've been wanting to see this for ages!

In terms of family-friendliness, how is it visually- I know there's nothing particularly outrageous in the storyline, but what about the women's outfits if younger lads are watching it?

It absolutely delivers everything you would expect and more. There is one short lounging-poolside-in-a-bikini scene but otherwise nothing too scandalous.

erin is nice

Quote from: Miriam_M on May 31, 2015, 12:53:16 AM
Late to the party, because it wasn't a very recent viewing, but it explains why I seldom see movies and why this last one was almost 6 months ago.   I hated Mr. Turner.  Went with my daughter.  Both of us love art, and I love biography as well, so we expected something more tasteful than scene after scene of gratuitous sex.  I notice that in none of the reviews or synopses is there any mention of that.  Why?  Because audiences and critics alike have come to expect gratuitous sex as the norm.  I'm sure the critics would have howled if there weren't lots of gratuitous sex.

We both walked away feeling angry.

I'll stick with Turner Classic Movies, thank you.  Nice and safe.  And usually a lot more interesting.

Call me boring, I don't care.

I look up moves on http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ — it will tell you exactly what you are going to see/hear in a movie without giving away the story.

Maximilian

Quote from: erin is nice on June 01, 2015, 03:59:33 PM

I look up moves on http://www.kids-in-mind.com/ — it will tell you exactly what you are going to see/hear in a movie without giving away the story.

Wow, thanks for that link.
The site looks really useful.
I've bookmarked it for future reference.

red solo cup

Thorne: Sleepyhead. Not bad.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

dymphna17

Finally got to see American Sniper.  Now I understand why all the whiners don't want it to be seen at the Universities.  Good movie.
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

Arun

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 07, 2015, 10:55:53 AM
Finally got to see American Sniper.  Now I understand why all the whiners don't want it to be seen at the Universities.  Good movie.

yeah i love that one.

been trying to watch Coherence but stuff keeps happening so i only made it about halfway in. awesome movie so far.

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Elizabeth

Quote from: dymphna17 on June 07, 2015, 10:55:53 AM
Is it on Netflix?