Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

"St John Bosco:  Mission to Love"

It was good.  Long, but good. 

I love being Catholic.  If only we had more saints on Earth....
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Chestertonian

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 17, 2015, 01:03:30 AM
"St John Bosco:  Mission to Love"

It was good.  Long, but good. 

I love being Catholic.  If only we had more saints on Earth....

where did you get this movie

st don bosco is a favorite of mine
"I am not much of a Crusader, that is for sure, but at least I am not a Mohamedist!"

Kaesekopf

Rented it from the local Marian center.  They have a lending library of movies and books. 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Rose

Is that the American-dubbed Italian one with music by Marco Frisina, or the one with Ben thingy, or neither?
To Jesus through Mary.

Remember the Holy Souls!

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.
"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Rose on January 17, 2015, 09:13:48 AM
Is that the American-dubbed Italian one with music by Marco Frisina, or the one with Ben thingy, or neither?

Italian one with the subtitles.  Flavio Insinna is the saint.

Arun

The smurfs and the magic flute

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Crapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

AngloFalcon

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 17, 2015, 10:10:24 AM

I'd like to see it as St. John Bosco is my confirmation saint. Unfortunately, for a Brit, the accents are a bit grating to the point of distraction. I believe all movie actors should operate with an English accent - it would solve all misunderstandings and make the industry a better place.  ;)

Kaesekopf

Quote from: AngloFalcon on January 19, 2015, 12:02:21 PM

I'd like to see it as St. John Bosco is my confirmation saint. Unfortunately, for a Brit, the accents are a bit grating to the point of distraction. I believe all movie actors should operate with an English accent - it would solve all misunderstandings and make the industry a better place.  ;)

Yeah, doing it in a three-hour marathon made me want to talk-a like an Italian!

Johnny Midnight

saw that tom cruise movie edge of tomorrow. pretty cool. last scenes were pretty dark so i really couldnt tell what the heck was going on. we were watching it in a classroom so it wasnt high quality hd, but it shouldnt have been that dark. i got the gist of what happened tho. space aliens are pretty dumb, thats what i take away from these movies.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

Clare

Mr Smith Goes To Washington
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Michael Wilson

Quote from: AngloFalcon on January 19, 2015, 12:02:21 PM

Q. Why did God create Men with English accents?
A. So that they could play the part of Roman nobles in Hollywood movies.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Johnny Midnight

i saw the last hobbit movie. thought it was horribly boring and i dont remember any of it being in the book but its been years since i read the book. i think one of the hobbits is a homo that got married in england. tolkien would be so proud im sure.
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

dymphna17

Just watched the cutest movie from The Knights of the Immaculata et al's (66 boys in total), great north trip.  They went into the wilderness for ice fishing, skiing, and general Minnesota tundra good fun.  It was basically a super nice home movie of a bunch of good kids having a good time, along with a Priest, a seminarian, and a couple more adults.  I'd certainly better watch 45 minutes of kids having fun than most regular movies out there.   :thumbsup:
?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica

RedCaves

dymphna17

?
I adore Thee O Christ, and I bless Thee, because by Thy holy cross Thou hast redeemed the world!

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph save souls!

Of course I wear jeans, "The tornadoes can make dresses immodest." RSC

"Don't waste time in your life trying to get even with your enemies. The grave is a tremendous equalizer. Six weeks after you all are dead, you'll look pretty much the same. Let the Lord take care of those whom you think have harmed you. All you have to do is love and forgive. Try to forget and leave all else to the Master."– Mother Angelica