Last movie you saw?

Started by tmw89, December 27, 2012, 03:03:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red solo cup

St. Francis. Film by Michele Soavi. Filmed in and around Assissi in Italian with English subtitles. Pretty disappointing. The only miracle shown was when Francis returned a fallen nest to a tree. Hundreds of birds began to congregate. The dialogue was insipid perhaps because of the translation. It went like this:
"Is that you"?
"Yes"
"Your here"?
"I am" etc. That and three hours of his followers yelling "Francesco! Francesco!" I don't know what it is but it seems that Europeans can't make a movie without the obligatory surreal scenes. At one point Francis addressed a crowd of people while swinging back and forth from the end of a long rope which didn't appear to be attached to anything. I got this from the school library. Glad I didn't pay money to rent it.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

zork

Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on December 27, 2014, 01:45:35 PM
St. Francis. Film by Michele Soavi. Filmed in and around Assissi in Italian with English subtitles. Pretty disappointing. The only miracle shown was when Francis returned a fallen nest to a tree. Hundreds of birds began to congregate. The dialogue was insipid perhaps because of the translation. It went like this:
"Is that you"?
"Yes"
"Your here"?
"I am" etc. That and three hours of his followers yelling "Francesco! Francesco!" I don't know what it is but it seems that Europeans can't make a movie without the obligatory surreal scenes. At one point Francis addressed a crowd of people while swinging back and forth from the end of a long rope which didn't appear to be attached to anything. I got this from the school library. Glad I didn't pay money to rent it.

There's a good old one called Francis of Assisi my kids like.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

Gerard

The Equalizer. 

Very satisfying, classic swift and terrible justice against the bad guys type of movie.  It did a good job of capturing the essence of the original TV show. 

Rated R mostly for "F" bombs, the violence is no worse than some television shows, with some bloody pictures from the coroner's office. 

LoneWolfRadTrad

zork

The Hobbit 3
Christus vincit, Christus regnat, Christus imperat.

Arun

Dark country. Still trying to figure it out.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Johnny Midnight

death of a president.  i guess george bush was a pretty bad guy but im not sure they had to kill him to make their point.  cheney was even worse anyways.  dont understand why they couldnt have killed a fictional president.

it was late and i was bored. that always leads me to bad movies.  :(
"We are all the walking wounded in a world that is a war zone.  Everything we love will be taken from us, everything, last of all life itself."

red solo cup

Snowpiercer. All the humans in a post-apocalyptic snowscape live on a train constantly circling the globe. The people in the back live in grubby half starved squalor. The closer to the front the higher the standard of living. The poors are always trying to revolt and take over the engine. I spent the first hour rolling my eyes and wondering why I was wasting my time. By the second hour I was glad I stuck with it.
It was crazy, weird, dark, at times very funny, violent and bizarre. I'm sure there were all kinds of metaphors that were over my head.

Arun

Quote from: red solo cup on December 28, 2014, 08:41:13 AM
Snowpiercer. All the humans in a post-apocalyptic snowscape live on a train constantly circling the globe. The people in the back live in grubby half starved squalor. The closer to the front the higher the standard of living. The poors are always trying to revolt and take over the engine. I spent the first hour rolling my eyes and wondering why I was wasting my time. By the second hour I was glad I stuck with it.
It was crazy, weird, dark, at times very funny, violent and bizarre. I'm sure there were all kinds of metaphors that were over my head.

i'm going to give that one a watch tonight maybe then...

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

LoneWolfRadTrad

Quote from: red solo cup on December 28, 2014, 08:41:13 AM

I didn't like the ending.

red solo cup

Gardener

"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Gardener on December 29, 2014, 12:41:48 PM
The Tale of Despereaux.

How was it?  Ok for the 10 and under crowd?

Gardener

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on December 29, 2014, 01:33:39 PM
Quote from: Gardener on December 29, 2014, 12:41:48 PM
The Tale of Despereaux.

How was it?  Ok for the 10 and under crowd?

Well, there's one scene where the princess is about to be eaten by rats but overall, yeah I'd show it to a 10 year old.

I'm finding these days that most of the movies we get through without having to turn them off are intended for 10 and under... hooray progress.
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe