Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: Revixit on July 14, 2014, 07:42:00 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on July 14, 2014, 07:04:49 PM
Quote from: Revixit on July 14, 2014, 05:18:11 PM
Quote from: TeDeum on July 13, 2014, 07:10:36 PM
Last movie I have seen:

Don't cry for me Argentina

You're referring to "Evita," right?

Madonna gave a wonderful performance as Eva Peron.  I haven't really followed her career but I doubt she's done anything better than "Evita."  I thought she deserved the Oscar for it that year, though I don't remember who won it.

:rofl:

Have you seen "Evita"?  I'm guessing not.  It wasn't a comedy and Madonna's performance was not a joke.  Nor was I kidding.  She was very good in the part.

I've seen it. I agree with you that she actually was really good in that movie. It is amazing how much she looks like Eva Peron.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Arun

Quote from: RedCaves on July 14, 2014, 03:52:05 PM
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes!

LOVED IT!!

Better than the first one.

Looking forward to the third one. I wonder if they will incorporate the ICARUS crew for the next one?

wasn't there a reference to it in the background on a tv at one point... sure i remember someting like that happening in there

SIT TIBI COPIA
SOT SAPIENCIA
FORMAQUE DETUR
INQUINAT OMNIA SOLA
SUPERBIA SICOMETETUR

Quote from: St.Justin on September 25, 2015, 07:57:25 PM
Never lose Hope... Take a deep breath and have a beer.

Mother Aubert Pray For Us!

vsay ego sudba V rukah Gospodnih

erin is nice

Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 14, 2014, 07:45:36 PM
Last movie I have seen:

Madonna gave a wonderful performance as Eva Peron.  I haven't really followed her career but I doubt she's done anything better than "Evita."  I thought she deserved the Oscar for it that year, though I don't remember who won it.

Have you seen "Evita"?  I'm guessing not.  It wasn't a comedy and Madonna's performance was not a joke.  Nor was I kidding.  She was very good in the part.

I've seen it. I agree with you that she actually was really good in that movie. It is amazing how much she looks like Eva Peron.

She really should have stuck with acting, because she was good at it.

Lydia Purpuraria

Quote from: erin is nice on July 15, 2014, 07:47:47 AM
Quote from: Lydia Purpuraria on July 14, 2014, 07:45:36 PM
Last movie I have seen:

She really should have stuck with acting, because she was good at it.

This is true.

Older Salt

"The Conjuring"

Wonderfully directed based on truth horror film.
Stay away from the near occasion of sin

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

Lynne

Quote from: Older Salt on July 15, 2014, 09:12:39 AM
"The Conjuring"

The couple who did the investigating(?) mentored an ex-cop who wrote "Deliver Us From Evil", a similar movie that is currently in the theatres...
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Older Salt

Quote from: Lynne on July 15, 2014, 09:17:41 AM
Quote from: Older Salt on July 15, 2014, 09:12:39 AM
"The Conjuring"

The couple who did the investigating(?) mentored an ex-cop who wrote "Deliver Us From Evil", a similar movie that is currently in the theatres...
Interesting.

Unless one is deeply attached to the Blessed Virgin Mary, now in time, it impossible to attain salvation.

LouisIX

IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Larry

"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love."-St. John of the Cross

LouisIX

It's absolutely hilarious.  I wasn't expecting it to be so funny.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Older Salt

My wife and I could not get past the impurity in the beginning of TIJ.

LouisIX

There was a scene with some women in bikinis.  Is this what you're speaking about?

Clare

The Fellowship of the Ring on Sunday, The Two Towers yesterday, and The Return of the King today.
Motes 'n' Beams blog

Feel free to play the Trivia Quiz!

O Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, offer, we beseech thee, to the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son to prevent at least one mortal sin from being committed somewhere in the world this day.

"It is a much less work to have won the battle of Waterloo, or to have invented the steam-engine, than to have freed one soul from Purgatory." - Fr Faber

"When faced by our limitations, we must have recourse to the practice of offering to God the good works of others." - St Therese of Lisieux

Michael Wilson

Quote from: Clare on July 15, 2014, 04:28:45 PM
The Fellowship of the Ring on Sunday, The Two Towers yesterday, and The Return of the King today.
The extended version is much better, and captures more of the books nuances.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers