Interesting take on coming persecution from 2008

Started by diaduit, August 11, 2022, 01:13:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diaduit

Quite correct I would imagine, we will be hated not for loving Christ but for all sorts of calumny.

EastWest7

Yes, I've seen this video of Reformed preacher, evangelical Paul Washer. I pray daily for my (Catholic, conservative) children, their spouses and grandchildren in this society. Frightening.

Xavier

Nice Video.

Martyrs inherit a Special Crown in Heaven that non-Martyrs do not. If indeed Holy Martyrdom is God's Will for any of us, we should welcome it wholeheartedly, like Christ Himself went to His own Death and Redeeming Sacrifice for our sake, like Mother Mary experienced Her Spiritual Martyrdom at the Foot of the Cross, and like the Apostles later went to their own deaths for the Lord, now being among the Greatest (probably top 25?) Saints in Heaven. Obviously, not every Martyr will reach the heights of the holy Apostles, who also Evangelized etc a lot, but definitely all Martyrs will receive a Great Reward in Kingdom come.

Revelation 2:10

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer. Behold, the devil will cast some of you into prison that you may be tried: and you shall have tribulation ten days. Be thou faithful until death: and I will give thee the Crown of Life.

Mat 5:

"[11] Blessed are ye when they shall revile you, and persecute you, and speak all that is evil against you, untruly, for my sake: [12] Be glad and rejoice, for your reward is very great in heaven. For so they persecuted the prophets that were before you."
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)