Waterslide in the garden - English rednecks.

Started by Greg, June 14, 2022, 01:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg

I got the big yellow fibreglass slide during Covid when a softplay centres all closed down and they threw out 4 large slides into the scrap.  I got all 4, sold 3 on eBay (they sold immediately) and kept this one.  They were a hassle to move, but worth it.  They are very hard to get hold of second hand and new they cost 1000s of quid.

Usually we use it dry, but there is a hot spell in the SE of England currently so I set up a 12 foot by 18inch deep paddling pool (which people are constantly giving away here) and dug a deeper bowl in my lawn which is made of orange sand for the landing zone so there is an extra deep part for the landing zone.

Water costs about $12 to fill it 4000-5000 litres (1200 Gallons).  I have a decent Hozelock pump to pump water from the pool up to the top of the slide and have a reasonably decent flow because the top of the slide is only about 8 feet from the pool surface.  Not as good as a waterpark but still pretty fun for the kids.

Now we just need a week of hot weather.

Next I plan to bank up sand and build a 50' long slip and slide extension from the end of the slide along my lawn which is about 90ft wide.  But only after the Bestway pool is wrecked.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Greg

Had to stretch the pool out as they travel too far.

Will dig a deeper trench

https://youtube.com/shorts/DQmwDaYZDOw?feature=share

They do about 30 slides each then they go inside, but they do it everyday while it is hot.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Elizabeth

This is an example of the emerging Noveaux Neck leisure class.

MundaCorMeum

We just put a long, visqueen sheet under our playset slide, and jimmy-rig the hose so it sprays on the slide.  Excellent fun!  Our slide is fairly tall and steep, so they get going pretty good.  Especially with soap or baby oil   ;D.  The littler ones use it as a regular slip n slide, and just run from the opposite end.  The sheet is big enough to prevent crashes