Can they get away with sanctioning voters?

Started by lauermar, January 12, 2021, 09:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lauermar

I'm hearing news that people associated with helping Trump---staff, lawyers, congressmen and women, journalists and others---are being threatened with losing their jobs, being disbarred (Mike Levin), losing their credit, not being allowed to fly, and other sanctions. Some of the talking heads at CNN are suggesting re-education camps for voters.

How far can they get away with this? Do you think they can uncover our ballots, and have our mortgages cancelled? Can we all be blacklisted for voting for Trump, even if we didn't contribute to his campaign? I'm seeing the purge on social media, but I wondered if they would reach into our social media accounts to have us blackballed.
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

King Wenceslas

When the country is governed by one party for the foreseeable future, they can do anything they want too. Keep a low profile is my advice.

Badge, what badge? I don't need no stinking badge.

lauermar

Quote from: King Wenceslas on January 12, 2021, 11:36:18 PM

What in hell?
"I am not a pessimist. I am not an optimist. I am a realist." Father Malachi Martin (1921-1999)

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: lauermar on January 12, 2021, 09:58:12 PM
I'm hearing news that people associated with helping Trump---staff, lawyers, congressmen and women, journalists and others---are being threatened with losing their jobs, being disbarred (Mike Levin), losing their credit, not being allowed to fly, and other sanctions. Some of the talking heads at CNN are suggesting re-education camps for voters.

How far can they get away with this? Do you think they can uncover our ballots, and have our mortgages cancelled? Can we all be blacklisted for voting for Trump, even if we didn't contribute to his campaign? I'm seeing the purge on social media, but I wondered if they would reach into our social media accounts to have us blackballed.

In times like these it's important to be level-headed. I picture it somewhat like an earthquake, with Trump at the epicenter. The closer in proximity you are to him & his (perceived or actual) culpability in the Jan 6th rally/protest/coup/insurrection/whatever, the more likely you may face sanctions.

This is most acutely seen in arrests of persons who stole items from offices, or trespassed into house chambers wantonly, at times with arms or restraints and tactical or pseudo-tactical gear. "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck..." that sort of thing.

On the rhetorical side, those lawmakers, whose sworn duty is to uphold and defend the constitution, who placed themselves rhetorically near the protests (Cruz, Hawley, and others), are also more likely to face blowback than say a state rep from Missouri who merely questioned the veracity of voting following November 3rd.

And then you have some Trump voters, like my Aunt, who after Jan 6th say, "he just needs to go." I find it difficult to believe that 'the left' will parse voting records, deduce she voted for Trump twice, and therefore place sanctions on her. It just does not make sense.

Democrats, like Republicans, remain corporatists at their core, and they want a 'good market'. The market hates uncertainty, and a half-baked plan to 'punish' every Trump voter is likely not only impossible, but would cause a massive bout of uncertainty in the markets, which both the left and right do not want (and I find it hard to believe the far left does as well, for that matter).

This conspiracy-mongering is what got good, pro-life voters, and good, faithful Catholics where we are; we need to take pause, pray, and look at the field before us with a clear mind.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.

james03

QuoteHow far can they get away with this?
Under a Marxist revolution, they go as far as they want.

As far as the 80 MM voters, too hard.  In the future, being registered as a Repub. can cause societal problems, like forcing you to go to reeducation classes where you denounce yourself and confess how evil you are.  We're probably 10 years out.

But learn the lesson of the fear you now feel.  Move to flyover country when employment allows you to do it.  Don't register as a Repub and be careful who you associate with.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

lauermar

@Ozark, thank you for that. I am in camp with your aunt.

clau clau

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

lauermar

Ok thanks. My husband explained this to me.

Miriam_M

Quote from: james03 on January 13, 2021, 09:42:24 AM

As far as the 80 MM voters, too hard.  In the future, being registered as a Repub. can cause societal problems, like forcing you to go to reeducation classes where you denounce yourself and confess how evil you are.  We're probably 10 years out.

But learn the lesson of the fear you now feel.  Move to flyover country when employment allows you to do it.  Don't register as a Repub and be careful who you associate with.

Before the election, my "profile" was apolitical.  It continues to be.  When my family and friends try to incite to hatred, I protest disinterest.  All of my political opinions are shared only with trusted intimates, such as other traditional Catholics, who also never discuss their political views in pubic or with anyone of unknown position.  It requires a great deal of discipline to maintain not only this, but to refuse to access political news.  We need to remember that it's hard to start fires with no fuel.

When associates seem to demand a "stand" from me, I simply tell them that the entire political scene is simply too contentious for my soul and psyche, and that I am withdrawing from it for my own health.  If they again demand to know my political preferences, I claim ignorance and indecision, telling them that I'll decide whom to vote for in the next election, which is not now.

As to lauermar's questions about pursuing Trump supporters or just Republicans, I think the Left can't be bothered with small fry voters with no public persona.  They care about activists, candidates, and the current opposition.  I almost never post to my FB account, despite dozens of notifications, regularly.  I have never weighed in on political matters on FB, and I ignore all of the predictable hatred of Trump from, sadly, so many of my friends and associates who invite me to look at their FB pages filled with Trump haters. 

I think the hatred is an enormous temptation for us (to respond to, to join), but we need to remember that hatred is from the Devil, and it is his tool for division and all kinds of mortal sin, including interior mortal sin.

So my public persona is pacifist, clueless, and of no consequence to anyone in power.  The only thing I do now is pray that some election officials and governors (overseeing elections, appointing officials, etc.), as well as judges, grow a spine and a conscience because without election changes, we will become a permanent dystopia until the Second Coming.  It doesn't matter if Trump or anyone similar returns with a roar in 2024 if the fix is permanently in because of weak-willed or complicit fraud artists and co-conspirators.  It's sickening, but it's an opportunity to work on my salvation.

That said, I admire anyone here who will continue to fight more publicly than I.  I'm not suggesting that everyone adopt my response; mine is just necessary for my self-preservation, since my sense of injustice is absolutely overwhelming*, and if I think about it too much, it may begin to affect my physical health.

*(When Newt Gingrich first got wind of the election fraud, he said that he had never been so angry in his entire life.)

Tennessean

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 13, 2021, 08:45:52 AMThe market hates uncertainty, and a half-baked plan to 'punish' every Trump voter is likely not only impossible, but would cause a massive bout of uncertainty in the markets, which both the left and right do not want (and I find it hard to believe the far left does as well, for that matter).
Everybody on facebook is ratting on themselves already. We have a surveillance state in place where people report on themselves. All that's left is implementing the social credit system, which is up to Microsoft, Chase, and our new Congress. We can keep moving the goal posts and dismiss what's going on right in front of us, or accept reality is now policed in virtual space, and that virtual space is defined by Alphabet and Microsoft.

QuoteThis conspiracy-mongering is what got good, pro-life voters, and good, faithful Catholics where we are; we need to take pause, pray, and look at the field before us with a clear mind.
There's no conspiracy, nothing illegal's been done. Private companies just deplatform dissent, cut your paypal, run propaganda about you 24/7, and take you to court to bake the damn cake. This is the American Way, comrade.

red solo cup

Quote from: james03 on January 13, 2021, 09:42:24 AM

http://www.westernjournal.com/pbs-fires-counsel-caught-video-wanting-trump-supporters-kids-re-education-camps/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=westernjournalism&utm_content=2021-01-13&utm_campaign=manualpost&fbclid=IwAR0fV18FL12iqFSrhhoC8NCqTfOUpPi4xG-rBpDBetyuedCTIG6eQMC0lx0
non impediti ratione cogitationis

TradGranny

Quote from: Miriam_M on January 13, 2021, 12:08:20 PM
I think the Left can't be bothered with small fry voters with no public persona.  They care about activists, candidates, and the current opposition.  I almost never post to my FB account, despite dozens of notifications, regularly.  I have never weighed in on political matters on FB, and I ignore all of the predictable hatred of Trump from, sadly, so many of my friends and associates who invite me to look at their FB pages filled with Trump haters. 

So my public persona is pacifist, clueless, and of no consequence to anyone in power. 

satanic revolutionaries, whether the French revolution or any of the Communist revolutions are out to kill Christians. They are using "Trump supporters" as a cover for their true agenda -- to kill Christians. Read The Cross and the Guillotine by Warren Carroll.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

TradGranny

Quote from: OzarkCatholic on January 13, 2021, 08:45:52 AM
I picture it somewhat like an earthquake, with Trump at the epicenter. The closer in proximity you are to him & his (perceived or actual) culpability in the Jan 6th rally/protest/coup/insurrection/whatever, the more likely you may face sanctions.

What you say is true, for now. However, having recently been reading about the French Revolution by a Catholic author, it's become clear that what we are seeing now is the same as the beginning of that satanic Jacobin revolution.

To simplify what was quite complex:
First they went after King Louie,
and those closest to him, his family and the loyalists who protected him.
Then they went after ALL the loyalists.
Then they went after Catholic priests who represented the old order.
Then they went after the nuns.
They they went after anyone who objected to the massive number of murders.
Then they went after anyone who supported a trial prior to beheading.
At the end, they went after the leaders of their own murderous plot.

One observer of the day said:
Everyone thought they would be safe if they just kept feeding the alligator.

I was reminded of this quote when I saw the traitorous Republicans trying to feed the alligator. They think they will be safe. That's both sad and funny.
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

King Wenceslas

Quote from: lauermar on January 13, 2021, 07:33:10 AM
Quote from: King Wenceslas on January 12, 2021, 11:36:18 PM

What in hell?

It means the rule of law is over with. The Demoncrats control the Presidency, the courts, the Congress. Anyone who doesn't play ball with them will be expunged from society. January 6th was a gift from hell for the Demoncrats.

Law, what law, I don't need no stinking law. (Hope that is better.)

lauermar

Excellent advice Miriam!

Speaking of the market not liking uncertainty, it looks like the Big Tech propagandists have suffered a serious drop in the value of their companies since dropping Trump, Parler and other conservative bloggers. Poetic justice that!   :trainwreck:

Maybe the best way to beat back evildoers is to give them enough rope to hang themselves.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/twitter-and-facebook-have-seen-2451-billion-in-combined-market-value-wiped-out-since-booting-trump-from-their-platforms/ar-BB1cITbO?ocid=uxbndlbing