Definitely Not Chris Tulsa Or Whoever

Started by TambaLamb, May 07, 2024, 06:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TambaLamb

Hello, all! I'm TambaLamb. I've been lurking on this forum for a really long time, but a couple months ago I noticed that I wasn't able to access the forum on my phone because it said I was a puppet account of a problematic poster. The good news is I'm not. The bad news is that I'm an almost middle-aged SAHM of three and I will probably have nothing positive to add to any discussion here except scruples and worries. I'm working on it, but, man, postpartum hormones (I think?) have wrecked my mental health. Actually I think the last five years have done that to everyone. Misery loves company!

A little about me...my family went to Christ the King Abbey back in the early 00s. When Father Abbot died, we were part of the group that got picked up by CMRI. I still attend CMRI Masses and pray daily for discernment and for guidance because as far as the whole "valid/licit" argument goes, I am The Dumbest. I got married by a CMRI priest--does that make my marriage valid? Who knows, it keeps me up at night sometimes, please see the above comment about my mental health.

Other than that, I'm working on publishing some books, I love reading and bad sci-fi movies from the 50s/60s, and the Sensus Fidelium on YouTube is my jam. It's nice to meet you all!
When you want the flavor of bacon in a dip~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof
But only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

Kaesekopf

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

diaduit

Quote from: TambaLamb on May 07, 2024, 06:43:16 PMHello, all! I'm TambaLamb. I've been lurking on this forum for a really long time, but a couple months ago I noticed that I wasn't able to access the forum on my phone because it said I was a puppet account of a problematic poster. The good news is I'm not. The bad news is that I'm an almost middle-aged SAHM of three and I will probably have nothing positive to add to any discussion here except scruples and worries. I'm working on it, but, man, postpartum hormones (I think?) have wrecked my mental health. Actually I think the last five years have done that to everyone. Misery loves company!

A little about me...my family went to Christ the King Abbey back in the early 00s. When Father Abbot died, we were part of the group that got picked up by CMRI. I still attend CMRI Masses and pray daily for discernment and for guidance because as far as the whole "valid/licit" argument goes, I am The Dumbest. I got married by a CMRI priest--does that make my marriage valid? Who knows, it keeps me up at night sometimes, please see the above comment about my mental health.

Other than that, I'm working on publishing some books, I love reading and bad sci-fi movies from the 50s/60s, and the Sensus Fidelium on YouTube is my jam. It's nice to meet you all!

Ooh you say the same things as me ...except I won't be printing any books even recipe ones.

Michael Wilson

Quote from: TambaLamb on May 07, 2024, 06:43:16 PMI got married by a CMRI priest--does that make my marriage valid?
Yes it is valid and licit; given the present crisis in the Church, a Catholic cannot go to a N.O. Priest with ordinary jurisdiction, because of the danger this entails to one's faith. How so? Because one cannot just go to a N.O. Parish and ask the pastor to marry you and then "thank you very much, I will now leave and here is a nice stipend for using the Church and your services". Not so fast: You will be required to assist at Mass at the parish for at least 6 Mo. Before he will marry you and receive instruction in the new religion.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers