Yer Weather

Started by Heinrich, January 22, 2019, 10:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gardener

Quote from: Heinrich on May 07, 2019, 06:42:55 PM
Bumping: We could get 6-8 inches of snow starting tomorrow and lasting through Friday morning. Don't be jealous.

Now that I have a proper SUV, I'm gonna drive fast and stupid during the snow. I need to make sure I get an "I'm not a native, but I got here as fast as I could" bumper sticker. Maybe a Cali state outline sticker for the back window. :D
"If anyone does not wish to have Mary Immaculate for his Mother, he will not have Christ for his Brother." - St. Maximilian Kolbe

red solo cup

Bumping: We could get 6-8 inches of snow starting tomorrow and lasting through Friday morning. Don't be jealous.
"Snow is the poor man's fertilizer" - Some old geezer/farmer.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

maryslittlegarden

Quote from: Gardener on May 07, 2019, 10:43:01 PM

Now that I have a proper SUV, I'm gonna drive fast and stupid during the snow. I need to make sure I get an "I'm not a native, but I got here as fast as I could" bumper sticker. Maybe a Cali state outline sticker for the back window. :D

You need one of these to go along with the SUV and the snow.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fargo+hat&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtupiM1YziAhUF1qwKHfNFBasQ_AUIDigB&biw=1049&bih=509#imgrc=3byyBGcHo4KqPM:&spf=1557343627070
For a Child is born to us, and a son is given to us, and the government is upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called, Wonderful, Counsellor, God the Mighty, the Father of the world to come, the Prince of Peace

Heinrich

Quote from: red solo cup on May 08, 2019, 03:38:32 AM
"Snow is the poor man's fertilizer" - Some old geezer/farmer.

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

MundaCorMeum

meanwhile, here in the deep south, the highs are in the mid 80s; kids have already broken out the slip-n-slide, sprinkler, and bathing suits.  We planning our first trip to the river to swim after we get back from going to visit my Mom next week  :thumbsup:

Michael Wilson

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 08, 2019, 01:40:09 PM
meanwhile, here in the deep south, the highs are in the mid 80s; kids have already broken out the slip-n-slide, sprinkler, and bathing suits.  We planning our first trip to the river to swim after we get back from going to visit my Mom next week  :thumbsup:
Feeling the envy.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

mikemac

Quote from: Gardener on May 07, 2019, 10:43:01 PM
"I'm not a native, but I got here as fast as I could"

I imagine that quote could rile a few.  :)
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

red solo cup

Hard freeze this morning. Bird bath is frozen. Ice on the car windshield.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Heinrich

I love those redneck swimmin' holes.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

The Curt Jester

We've been going through about two weeks of near constant rain.
The royal feast was done; the King
Sought some new sport to banish care,
And to his jester cried: "Sir Fool,
Kneel now, and make for us a prayer!"

The jester doffed his cap and bells,
And stood the mocking court before;
They could not see the bitter smile
Behind the painted grin he wore.

He bowed his head, and bent his knee
Upon the Monarch's silken stool;
His pleading voice arose: "O Lord,
Be merciful to me, a fool!"

MundaCorMeum

Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 08, 2019, 02:18:30 PM
Feeling the envy.

don't worry.  Here in about a month or so, the heat and humidity will be so thick, we'll be able to cut it with a knife.  Everything will be hot...the ground, the water, the air.  It'll be miserable  ;)

Michael Wilson

Quote from: MundaCorMeum on May 11, 2019, 12:42:40 PM
Quote from: Michael Wilson on May 08, 2019, 02:18:30 PM
Feeling the envy.

don't worry.  Here in about a month or so, the heat and humidity will be so thick, we'll be able to cut it with a knife.  Everything will be hot...the ground, the water, the air.  It'll be miserable  ;)
& loving it!
I lived in Miami for 25 years; I remember going on vacation to Miami when I lived in El Salvador; we would arrive in early November or late October; the weather would be almost perfect; temperatures in the low 80's low humidity, nice Easterly breeze, very little rain. Then when we moved there in July 3, 1967; the airport terminal doors opened and a blanket of heat and humidity hit me in the face; what in the world! I had never experienced a S. Fla. Summer before, and I was miserable. But I eventually got used to the weather and came to love it.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

It will be interesting to gauge the births along the Front Range of the Rockies in January: a five day stint with rain/snow/sleet at 6200 feet. In the higher elevations measurable snow. Highs only in 40s or low 50s. Good weight lifting weather, I guess. Keeping the snow shoes in view in case I decide to get real high(er) elevation.

Heinrich

In regards to post #20 above, we got 12 inches overnight. On May 21. But wait! There's more! DO not put away the skis just yet, wax 'em if you got 'em!

Señor Tutti Frutti gives us the full report:

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/06/20/denver-weather-big-change-this-weekend/

Fleur-de-Lys

111 degrees here today. It's starting to feel like summer!  8)