Greg and Jayne

Started by christulsa, December 12, 2019, 09:21:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

christulsa

Red solo cup suggested they come back.  Davis seconded the motion.  Here is the chance to vote!    :)   Edit:  you have to log in to take the poll. 

Jayne

Just shut up, christulsa.  When I decided to leave the forum, you inserted yourself into a situation that had nothing to do with you and pretended that you were chasing me off the forum.  The situation still has nothing to do with you and now you are trying to orchestrate my return. 

There is no point in doing this poll because I am going to ignore it.  I may even do the opposite of the result.  Maybe, if I can figure out how, I'll do the opposite of all the options.

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

christulsa

Quote from: Jayne on December 12, 2019, 09:45:46 PM
Just shut up, christulsa.  When I decided to leave the forum, you inserted yourself into a situation that had nothing to do with you and pretended that you were chasing me off the forum.  The situation still has nothing to do with you and now you are trying to orchestrate my return. 

There is no point in doing this poll because I am going to ignore it.  I may even do the opposite of the result.  Maybe, if I can figure out how, I'll do the opposite of all the options.

I'll save you some of the Christmas goose at my table.  Blessed Advent Jayne, truly.

clau clau

Quote from: christulsa on December 12, 2019, 10:41:43 PM
Quote from: Jayne on December 12, 2019, 09:45:46 PM

I'll save you some of the Christmas goose at my table.  Blessed Advent Jayne, truly.

Ebeneezer Scrooge analogy eh.  I think Uriah Heep is better.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Jayne

Quoteauthor=christulsa link=topic=23059.msg487664#msg487664

Take your goose and stuff it.  Instead of an imaginary goose, try offering me a real apology for your posts in this thread: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=20779.0  Without that your blessings are as imaginary as your goose. 

I did not return to the forum because I have been wishing to participate in threads and join in the reindeer games, but only now found an excuse to do so.  I am here to figure out the truth about whether Greg is posting here under another identity. 

It is now 13 days until the seventh anniversary of the forum on December 26.  If I have not seen a denial from Greg or Maxim by that time, I will proceed on the assumption that Maxim is Greg.  If that happens, do not expect a Kumbaya Christmas TV Special.

I will send a PM to Maxim to make sure he knows about it.  Since clau clau is here making literary insults, he can make himself useful and let Greg know.

clau clau

No.  I am not asking him.  He has retired to Rivendell.  Maybe if I give him his ring back he might though.  :-)
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Xavier

Welcome back, Jayne. Hope you resume posting as normal. I think people are glad to have you back.

Also, the people have spoken. It's 5-1 already on "season to forgive". That's more than 80% so far.

Even more than that, it's 6-0, six to nothing on "yes" i.e. should post regularly. That's unanimous.

I don't know if Greg is MaximGun, although, if you think about it, it makes sense that Maxim is Greg.

But supposing that he is, why go through all that bother? If he is, let him post normally with his old account.

It is indeed ChristMas Season, time to move beyond past differences, forgive and forget. Let's begin the new decade 2020 afresh.

God bless and Merry ChristMas.
Bible verses on walking blamelessly with God, after being forgiven from our former sins. Some verses here: https://dailyverses.net/blameless

"[2] He that walketh without blemish, and worketh justice:[3] He that speaketh truth in his heart, who hath not used deceit in his tongue: Nor hath done evil to his neighbour: nor taken up a reproach against his neighbours.(Psalm 14)

"[2] For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man."(James 3)

"[14] And do ye all things without murmurings and hesitations; [15] That you may be blameless, and sincere children of God, without reproof, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation; among whom you shine as lights in the world." (Phil 2:14-15)

Greg

Quit the bitchin and paranoia.

I am not returning. I'll say hello after the ball of redemption shows up or Joey Lomangino is resurrected.

Happy Christmas.
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

christulsa

Quote from: Greg on December 13, 2019, 09:05:35 AM

I am not returning. I'll say hello after the ball of redemption shows up or Joey Lomangino is resurrected.

Happy Christmas.

Merry Christmas MaximGun, I mean Greg.   :beer:

red solo cup

Quote from: Greg on December 13, 2019, 09:05:35 AM

Happy Christmas.
I miss your puns.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Jayne

It looks like clauclau's services as a messenger will not be required (which is just as well, given his reluctance to do it) since Greg has himself established that he is aware of this thread. 

Greg's post might give an impression of denying that he has been posting as Maxim, but it does not actually say that.  I'm looking for something along the lines of "No, I have not been posting as MaximGun."  Otherwise it could merely be misdirection.

Heinrich

Jayne, how much time do you spend online each day?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Newer members of the forum may be puzzled by the situation between Greg and me, so I will give some background information.

Ten years ago, I had moved towards traditional Catholcism enough that I started identifying myself as a trad.  I was already experienced in other online discussion groups at this time. I joined the Fisheaters forum because the website was a helpful resource for me.

I was an annoyance for many people there.  I was an arrogant and sanctimonious know-it-all. In fact, I did not know as much as I thought. I was poorly formed in traditional Catholicism and should have been humbly learning from those with more experience and understanding than me.  And I posted a lot. In less than four years, I made over 15,000 posts. Among the many people who did not like me were Kaesekopf and Greg.

When Suscipe Domine started at the end of 2012, virtually all of us came from Fisheaters.  Various people expressed the opinion that I should not be allowed on SD. Someone trolled the forum with an account using my Fisheaters username, JayneK, but was almost immediately identified as an imposter and banned.  The ban announcement contained the statement:
QuoteAs a note, the "real" JayneK is welcome to post at Suscipe Domine, as long as she follows the rules, just like everyone else has to around here.
I was deeply impressed that KK would make such an unpopular decision for sake of someone he did not even like. I signed up as RealJayneK since I could not use Jaynek due to the imposter already having used it.

In May 2013, there was an incident on Fisheaters (where most SD members also still posted) in which a forum member "came out" as a transsexual, changed his username to a woman's name and expected people to refer to him with female pronouns.  The forum owner backed him up.  Much discussion ensued.  I took the wrong side for months, but eventually figured out that I was wrong.  One thing led to another and I was banned from FE, upon which I started this thread: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=4069.0 There are posts from Greg in this thread which show his thoughts on the matter. Greg has made many allusions to this incident so it seems to play a large role in his negative feelings toward me.  He had, however, disliked me long before it occurred.

Another incident which Greg has repeatedly referred to occurred in 2014.  I posted under another name in another forum with a disguised writing style.  Here is a thread discussing it which includes Greg's opinions on the matter: https://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=8673.msg186297#msg186297

I do not dislike Greg as a person and recognize his admirable qualities.  I would be very happy to forgive him for the many harsh and unfair comments he has made about me. I cannot, however, ever imagine him admitting that he had done anything to be forgiven for or accepting my forgiveness.

The reason that I wanted Greg to stop posting (and wanted it so much that I was willing to give up my own ability to post to stop him) is that he keeps on writing in support of unCatholic positions.  That is something that many people have recognized, not an excuse I have manufactured due to some sort of vendetta against him.  Because Greg is a popular and entertaining poster, his posts have a lot of influence.  He even has self-described "fan boys" on the forum.  While there are other posters here who promote erroneous positions, most people can easily see the errors.  They are harder to see and to resist when they come packaged with jokes and cool stories. 

Spreading error is not something one forgives or does not forgive.  It is something that one prevents.  There is no point in urging me to reconcile with him because this is not about something personal.

The current crisis is hard on people's faith.  We have seen forum members slip away before our eyes.  My prayer for this forum is that it be a place where people build each other up in faith.  We are all struggling and we need to be kind to each other.  I hope that Kaesekopf is able to give this forum more attention (as he plans) and gives us the leadership we need.

The people you should be urging to reconcile are not Greg and me, but KK and Mithrandylan.  Mith is one of the finest posters writing on trad forums.  Their rift is a situation of former friends separated by personal hurts and misunderstandings that could be solved by people apologizing and forgiving each other.   Mithrandylan's ban should be lifted. Having him resume posting here is one of the best things (along with KK becoming more actively involved) that could happen to this forum.  Much better than having Greg and me come back.

Michael Wilson

"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Heinrich

You sincerely need to inform newer posters that you 1) assume the role of moderator everywhere you go, 2) that you have been the "giving the cat a bath poster" to just about everyone all the same. This ethos you triumphantly, doggedly pursued and achieved makes it hard to give credence to your contributions to Latin discussions and things involving a bit of intellectual heft.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.