The Sedevacantist Thesis subforum

Started by Kaesekopf, May 08, 2017, 11:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayne

:laugh:

Gardener, what a shame you posted that in the subforum where it could not get thanked.

I especially liked the bit about Michael Wilson. I really do appreciate how charitable he is.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: kayla_veronica on May 11, 2017, 06:16:29 AM
Wow, "public transgressions," eh?

I'm not saying no apology is warranted, but come on, lighten up! It was years ago and there was a lot of fault on the other side as well (in which no apology was required and no bans given out).
If he wants to return to posting here, he'd begin by emailing me, not registering alternate accounts.   

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Heinrich

Wait, someone lied about his identity? Isn't that, like, sinful? Cowardly at the least. How does one consider himself an ueberCatholic, ie, sedevacantist and lie? Sedes. Seriously. Prideful hypocrites walking on the same street, in the same direction, as any protestant.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2017, 08:34:17 AM
Wait, someone lied about his identity? Isn't that, like, sinful? Cowardly at the least. How does one consider himself an ueberCatholic, ie, sedevacantist and lie? Sedes. Seriously. Prideful hypocrites walking on the same street, in the same direction, as any protestant.

I don't think that it is inherently a lie to use a different user name than one that people already know one by.  It would depend on the person's motive for doing it whether it was dishonest.  Lots of people  when coming here after FE took new user names and I don't think there was anything wrong with that.

On the other hand, Mith is a moderator at a forum where I was banned and people strongly denounced me for signing up with a name other than Jayne (and no ban circumvention was involved). None of them seems to have a problem with Mith doing the same thing.  He himself has written: "my favorite users are the ones who don't change their names from forum to forum-- in my opinion, it is indicative of a tremendous amount of integrity and personal responsibility."
http://tedeum.boards.net/post/3182

On the other other hand, generalizing from a few persons to all sedes is neither logical nor fair.  There is no justification for referring to all of them as "prideful hypocrites" even if one could make a case that this applied to Mith.

Lynne

Quote from: Jayne on May 11, 2017, 09:57:25 AM
:laugh:

Gardener, what a shame you posted that in the subforum where it could not get thanked.

I especially liked the bit about Michael Wilson. I really do appreciate how charitable he is.

Agreed on all of the above!  :cheeseheadbeer:
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2017, 08:34:17 AM

::)
May the most holy, most sacred, most adorable,
most incomprehensible and ineffable Name of God
be forever praised, blessed, loved, adored
and glorified in Heaven, on earth,
and under the earth,
by all the creatures of God,
and by the Sacred Heart of Our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
Amen.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on May 13, 2017, 11:19:23 AM
I don't think that it is inherently a lie to use a different user name than one that people already know one by.

It isn't if you tell people that you are so and so at XYZ Forum whilst using another handle and ABC Forum. But to purposely deceive, which is what Mr. 10,000 Lakes did, is certainly not honest all the while being cowardly and desperate. And now his wife is on here fighting his battles for him. Again. Talk about emasculation.

And why would you bring in your deception to attempt to suave the situation. What you did was wrong, too. I remember that. Voxxpop was ticked. 

Edit to add: http://tedeum.boards.net/post/3205/quote/201
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

kayla_veronica

Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2017, 01:37:41 PM
I don't think that it is inherently a lie to use a different user name than one that people already know one by.

It isn't if you tell people that you are so and so at XYZ Forum whilst using another handle and ABC Forum. But to purposely deceive, which is what Mr. 10,000 Lakes did, is certainly not honest all the while being cowardly and desperate. And now his wife is on here fighting his battles for him. Again. Talk about emasculation.

And why would you bring in your deception to attempt to suave the situation. What you did was wrong, too. I remember that. Voxxpop was ticked.

Stop being a jerk! I'm not fighting any battles for him. I rolled my eyes at your comment because you're just being plain mean and insulting all sedes.  I told KK to chill because I was annoyed that he kept going on about something that I was apart of several years ago.
and under the earth,
Amen.

Heinrich

Quote from: kayla_veronica on May 13, 2017, 01:58:16 PM

Stop being a jerk! I'm not fighting any battles for him. I rolled my eyes at your comment because you're just being plain mean and insulting all sedes.  I told KK to chill because I was annoyed that he kept going on about something that I was apart of several years ago.

OK. Let me get this straight: the haughty-holiest-of-all-time attitude and Third Reich apologia exuded by many sedes on their choice fora is OK, but for a non sede, calling a spade a spade is wrong? Seriously?

Question: who wrote this: http://tedeum.boards.net/post/3205/quote/201 ?

As KK said, have Mith swallow his pride, apologize, and move on.

kayla_veronica

You are accusing me of emasculating my husband by commenting on this situation, yet baiting me to say more? I don't think so.
and under the earth,
Amen.

Jayne

You are a member at least one forum where Mith has an account.  You could PM or post your accusations to him directly, instead of saying things about him where he cannot respond. What is the point of doing it here?   I do not think you are in a position to call someone else a coward.

He is not choosing to have his wife fight his battles for him.  You have chosen to attack him somewhere where he cannnot fight back.  Of course, his wife defends him.  I would expect nothing less from her.

Yes, I was wrong. I bring up the situation because it is so similar to what Mith did.  Some of the same people on that forum who seemed to think that I did something terrible, apparently have no problem with Mith doing it.  Instead of declaiming about the hypocrisy of sedes here, why don't you go to that forum where sedes are dominant and tell them that?  That would be significantly more brave than what you are doing here.

Jayne

Quote from: kayla_veronica on May 13, 2017, 02:16:52 PM
You are accusing me of emasculating my husband by commenting on this situation, yet baiting me to say more? I don't think so.

Considering he is doing it while sucking up to the forum owner and fighting with women, I doubt that anyone takes him seriously.  I don't think you need to worry about it.

Heinrich

Quote from: Jayne on May 13, 2017, 02:23:23 PM

You are a member at least one forum where Mith has an account.  You could PM or post your accusations to him directly, instead of saying things about him where he cannot respond. What is the point of doing it here?   I do not think you are in a position to call someone else a coward.

He is not choosing to have his wife fight his battles for him.  You have chosen to attack him somewhere where he cannnot fight back.  Of course, his wife defends him.  I would expect nothing less from her.

Yes, I was wrong. I bring up the situation because it is so similar to what Mith did.  Some of the same people on that forum who seemed to think that I did something terrible, apparently have no problem with Mith doing it.  Instead of declaiming about the hypocrisy of sedes here, why don't you go to that forum where sedes are dominant and tell them that?  That would be significantly more brave than what you are doing here.

I have made my feelings of sedevacantism quite clear. I am not going to another forum to troll. There are more important things to do than chase the proverbial theological dog tail.

Jayne

Quote from: Heinrich on May 13, 2017, 02:33:27 PM
I have made my feelings of sedevacantism quite clear. I am not going to another forum to troll. There are more important things to do than chase the proverbial theological dog tail.

There are also more important things to do than to call out a man who is not even here.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: kayla_veronica on May 13, 2017, 01:58:16 PM
I told KK to chill because I was annoyed that he kept going on about something that I was apart of several years ago.

I would absolutely disagree with your characterization of "kept going on" about this.  I've never brought it up, and I only have addressed it recently, as it's come up in at least two threads in the last few weeks from multiple posters.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.