A Blessed Lent

Started by drummerboy, February 14, 2024, 02:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drummerboy

Wishing all here a blessed and fruitful Lenten season.  As a child I would loathe Lent, for obvious reasons.  Now I look forward to it!

- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne

LausTibiChriste

Thank you drummer, hope everyone is having a blessed Lent! Might be our last normal one for a long time the way things are going.

As a side note, Father really outs himself as a Canadian the way he said "years ago" around 0:17  :cheeseheadbeer:
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

TradGranny

Quote from: drummerboy on February 14, 2024, 02:01:10 PMWishing all here a blessed and fruitful Lenten season.  As a child I would loathe Lent, for obvious reasons.  Now I look forward to it!

My little brother would give up watching TV for Lent.
Then he would watch the reflection of the TV in the glass door.
 :pray3:
To have courage for whatever comes in life - everything lies in that.
Saint Teresa of Avila

drummerboy

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on February 24, 2024, 11:53:46 AMThank you drummer, hope everyone is having a blessed Lent! Might be our last normal one for a long time the way things are going.

As a side note, Father really outs himself as a Canadian the way he said "years ago" around 0:17  :cheeseheadbeer:

Oh my!  He does.  A thick north WI or UP Michigan accent is quite close.
- I'll get with the times when the times are worth getting with

"I like grumpy old cusses.  Hope to live long enough to be one" - John Wayne