The Midwest Boom

Started by drummerboy, September 02, 2023, 09:22:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 09:28:36 AMIf you move to a country that has banned abortion but has no running water, a meager food supply, no TLMs and constant crime, what's the point?

Are there any of those?
this page left intentionally blank

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on September 07, 2023, 12:01:23 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 09:28:36 AMIf you move to a country that has banned abortion but has no running water, a meager food supply, no TLMs and constant crime, what's the point?

Are there any of those?

Laos?
Lord Jesus Christ, Son Of God, Have Mercy On Me A Sinner

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

Communism is as American as Apple Pie

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 12:22:06 PM

Are there any of those?

Laos?

What about countries with both an abortion ban and TLM availability?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez on September 07, 2023, 12:25:09 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 12:22:06 PM

Are there any of those?

Laos?

What about countries with both an abortion ban and TLM availability?

The Philippines?

Not sure TLM status, but wouldn't be surprised if they're in:

San Marino
Andorra
Malta
Dominican

Let's all move to Malta!!

"Nobody is under any moral obligation of duty or loyalty to a state run by sexual perverts who are trying to destroy public morals."
- MaximGun

"Not trusting your government doesn't make you a conspiracy theorist, it means you're a history buff"

ChairmanJoeAintMyPrez

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 12:27:44 PMThe Philippines?

Not sure TLM status, but wouldn't be surprised if they're in:

San Marino
Andorra
Malta
Dominican

Let's all move to Malta!!

I think my vote is for either the DR or the Philippines.  Those other countries are way too close to Europe and the asteroid that it's begging for.

And if we end up in the Philippines, I'm not taking that ridiculous loyalty oath.  But I suspect they probably don't say it at the TLM anyway.

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 09:28:36 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 06, 2023, 06:03:43 PMI know someone who moved from CO to a cherry red state. Hated it. Moved back to CO. I guess he's dealing with the likelihood of a nuke dropping due to its abortion laws and gay jew governor.

CO is probably the only state I'd seriously consider moving to, even though I have never been there. Seems like Alberta, but with more guns, more sports teams, and Fr Ripperger.

I think people often overlook what day-to-day reality is like when they envision moving to some state/country they think is far superior morally.

If you move to a country that has banned abortion but has no running water, a meager food supply, no TLMs and constant crime, what's the point?

I'd sooner move to France. Sure it's importing immigrants at an insane rate, the government is a train wreck and the people are morally dead...but where else are you going to find that many TLMs, TLM-Offering Monasteries, SSPX schools, etc? That's the smart choice, imo.

You just convinced me to move to Argentina.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2023, 01:51:09 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on September 06, 2023, 06:03:43 PMI know someone who moved from CO to a cherry red state. Hated it. Moved back to CO. I guess he's dealing with the likelihood of a nuke dropping due to its abortion laws and gay jew governor.

CO is probably the only state I'd seriously consider moving to, even though I have never been there. Seems like Alberta, but with more guns, more sports teams, and Fr Ripperger.

I think people often overlook what day-to-day reality is like when they envision moving to some state/country they think is far superior morally.

If you move to a country that has banned abortion but has no running water, a meager food supply, no TLMs and constant crime, what's the point?

I'd sooner move to France. Sure it's importing immigrants at an insane rate, the government is a train wreck and the people are morally dead...but where else are you going to find that many TLMs, TLM-Offering Monasteries, SSPX schools, etc? That's the smart choice, imo.

Ich würde gerne in Argentinien leben.

- MaximGun

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 02:01:48 PM

Five years ago you told me you were going to visit Gardener and me in CO. I bought a Maple Leaf and a picture of the Queen. Thanks for nothing.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2023, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 02:01:48 PM

Five years ago you told me you were going to visit Gardener and me in CO. I bought a Maple Leaf and a picture of the Queen. Thanks for nothing.

I actually lol'd

I'm sorry man - blame Providence. I had every intention of going.

- MaximGun

LausTibiChriste

Next time you're on this side of the pond give me a shout and I will walk, if need be, so we can share a pint.

- MaximGun

Heinrich

Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 02:09:29 PMNext time you're on this side of the pond give me a shout and I will walk, if need be, so we can share a pint.

You in Hungary?

LausTibiChriste

Quote from: Heinrich on September 07, 2023, 05:40:46 PM
Quote from: LausTibiChriste on September 07, 2023, 02:09:29 PMNext time you're on this side of the pond give me a shout and I will walk, if need be, so we can share a pint.

You in Hungary?

You a Fed?  :cheeseheadbeer:

- MaximGun

Heinrich

Well played, douche.

LausTibiChriste

- MaximGun

OzarkCatholic

Quote from: drummerboy on September 02, 2023, 09:22:51 AM

I feel we're the armpit of the country sometimes!

Here in the Jefferson City Diocese, we've felt this way pretty much forever.

BUT—we apparently have the "Best Ever" St. Pats.
Feels like Groundhog Day again.