Author Topic: Sew Good and Sew Cheap  (Read 1099 times)

Offline Akavit

• Feldwebel
    • Traditional Catholic Furniture and Woodwork
  • Religion: Catholic
Sew Good and Sew Cheap
« on: November 19, 2014, 08:46:28 PM »
I've been browsing auction sites lately for various bits of equipment and encountered an auction featuring dozens of industrial sewing machines.  I've no need of such things and apparently nobody else does either because nobody is bidding on them.

IRS Sewing Auction

If anyone is tempted by the chance to snag a commercial grade machine for $30 here's the opportunity.  Just be sure to check the description because many of these are built for 3-phase power.  If you don't know what 3-phase is you don't have access to it.

There is at least one machine labeled as 110/220 single phase and that is better suited for home use.  It might be necessary to have someone knowledgeable about motors to switch them to 110 if they happen to be wired for 220.

Offline Lynne

• Thankful to be Catholic!
  • Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Sew Good and Sew Cheap
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 05:45:59 AM »
Oooo.  ;D
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael’s Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

“My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you’re supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen.”