How to Celebrate Mass

Started by poche, January 17, 2013, 04:18:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poche

The Vatican is preparing a manual on how to celebrate the mass correctly
:) :) :)

http://www.zenit.org/article-36355?l=english

Gottmitunsalex

"We are preparing it; it will help to celebrate well and to participate well. I hope it will come out this year, in the summer," the cardinal told ZENIT.

Is this the NO mass? :o
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Mithrandylan

'The' mass?

I'm not aware of many abuses in the mass right now.

Novus ordo services have 'abuses' I suppose. But that's kinda like saying someone with terminal cancer has a cold. You can give him some dayquil, sure...

From phone
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Kaesekopf

The Vatican should consider it an absolute failure if they need to issue a document on how to say Mass.

Isn't this one of the reasons seminarians spend 7 years studying?  Can't a bit of that time be dedicated to reading simple instructions?
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

I guess we can hope that by learning and re-discovering dignified celebration of the Mass, that our young priests especially will start turning back to our liturgical heritage which preserves that dignified celebration in the most perfect way.
That was what happened to me, sort of. As I started seeing all the little abuses and irreverences in my home novus ordo parish, first I became less and less tolerant of them, and then I began to gravitate to the traditional Mass. It was a natural progression.
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

tmw89

Quote from: Mithrandylan on January 17, 2013, 01:37:57 PM
'The' mass?

Novus ordo services have 'abuses' I suppose. But that's kinda like saying someone with terminal cancer has a cold. You can give him some dayquil, sure...

From phone

Yet another "this" post.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Der Kaiser

WONDERFUL! I hear the liberal NO Priests need some good toilet paper.

Does the Vatican honestly think this will make a difference? :o
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

Archer

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 17, 2013, 01:51:57 PM
The Vatican should consider it an absolute failure if they need to issue a document on how to say Mass.

Isn't this one of the reasons seminarians spend 7 years studying?  Can't a bit of that time be dedicated to reading simple instructions?

That was my initial thought.  So what'd you spend 6-8 years at seminary doing?
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Archer on January 17, 2013, 10:27:33 PM

Learning to do this:

And this:

And this:

Oh..and this:
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Irenaeus G. Saintonge

Quote from: Archer on January 17, 2013, 10:27:33 PM

Learning how to be 'ecumenical'. ;)
"This is that disciple who giveth testimony of these things, and hath written these things; and we know that his testimony is true. "
Jn:21:24

????????????

Quo Vadis

"because it is from the liturgy that the work of our salvation is effected."
That's what I thought.
Since Christ Himself has said, "This is My Body" who shall dare to doubt that It is His Body?
-- St Cyril of Jerusalem

Der Kaiser

The Cardinal said " the Mass must be understood in continuity with the tradition of the Church and not as a break" Yet Cardinal Josef Ratzinger in his Book The Spirit of the Liturgy described the NO as "a banal man made on the spot product." Which Ratzinger are we to believe the Cardinal of the CDF or the Pope?

It seems to me that Benedict is a different man than Ratzinger. He has said over and over again two different things. I don't think we have an issue of Sede Vac. but rather how many Ratzingers are there and what does he think. Does he think as the happy lovey dovey Benedict XVI who issued the MP on the TLM as a "tolerance" and named the NO the "ORDINARY" rite or the one that says it is a "banal on the spot man made product."  My head hurts
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X

poche

Quote from: Mithrandylan on January 17, 2013, 01:37:57 PM
'The' mass?

From phone
I saw what I later learned was a serious abuse at a TLM. They do happen from time to time.

poche

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on January 17, 2013, 09:54:48 AM
"We are preparing it; it will help to celebrate well and to participate well. I hope it will come out this year, in the summer," the cardinal told ZENIT.

Is this the NO mass? :o
Most likely

poche

Yes but when the seminaries refuse to comply with a simple directive from the Vatican like at St Marys when a group of seminarians prepared the petition, then what else are they not learning?