A running list of changes since the update...

Started by Kaesekopf, January 01, 2023, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaesekopf

OK, so, in terms of useful changes, there are two things.

First, you can save drafts of posts.  They will be saved indefinitely (but they don't auto-save).  So, you can write that screed, save, and walk away for a bit.  :lol:

Second, you can now mention people!   As an example, I can write @Bonaventure and choose him and he'll get a little alert.  I think that is cool.  I apparently had to turn it on, but it should work for people. 

I'll add more changes to this thread as I enable them/find them.
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jean Carrier

Can we end the years old moratorium on geo-centrism? Pretty please? 🥺
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Robert on January 01, 2023, 10:02:39 PMCan we end the years old moratorium on geo-centrism? Pretty please? 🥺

Give me a good reason.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jean Carrier

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2023, 10:05:29 PM
Quote from: Robert on January 01, 2023, 10:02:39 PMCan we end the years old moratorium on geo-centrism? Pretty please? 🥺

Give me a good reason.

I can bribe you.
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Bonaventure

"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2023, 09:58:42 PMOK, so, in terms of useful changes, there are two things.

First, you can save drafts of posts.  They will be saved indefinitely (but they don't auto-save).  So, you can write that screed, save, and walk away for a bit.  :lol:

Second, you can now mention people!  As an example, I can write @Bonaventure and choose him and he'll get a little alert.  I think that is cool.  I apparently had to turn it on, but it should work for people. 

I'll add more changes to this thread as I enable them/find them.

Under a user's profile settings, there's a section called Look and Layout. There you can enable the auto-saving of drafts.

QuotePosting
Return to topics after posting by default
Don't warn on new replies made while posting.
Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic
Load editor in WYSIWYG mode by default
Enable automatic saving of drafts
Enable the selection of drafts from the posting screen

If you change any settings, make sure you hit the CHANGE PROFILE button in the lower right of the screen.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Kaesekopf

Regarding Drafts:  It was not enabled for "Regular Members".  It was a separate permission that I overlooked.  Whoopsie.  That is fixed and now enabled.  You should see "Save Draft" next to "Preview" and "Post" buttons.

I could enable auto-saving of drafts for everyone, but I will leave that to the individual user to activate... :)

Acolyte

Cool, the saved draft button finally appeared !

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Heinrich

Quote from: Kaesekopf on January 01, 2023, 10:05:29 PM

Give me a good reason.

It has legitimacy.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Acolyte

Are avatars viewable yet ? I don't see any. I do have it enabled on my settings.

I can see mine on my profile but not my posts.

ETA: I'm on a phone using Chrome if it matters.
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Lynne

Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:04:08 PMAre avatars viewable yet ? I don't see any. I do have it enabled on my settings.

Are you on a pc or laptop or a tablet or a phone?

You should see avatars on all but the phone (or anything else with a small screen, like an ipod).

I see your avatar on your post.

Acolyte

Quote from: Lynne on January 03, 2023, 05:09:59 PM
Quote from: Acolyte on January 03, 2023, 05:04:08 PMAre avatars viewable yet ? I don't see any. I do have it enabled on my settings.

Are you on a pc or laptop or a tablet or a phone?

You should see avatars on all but the phone (or anything else with a small screen, like an ipod).

I see your avatar on your post.
Yes, I'm on an android smart phone.

No big deal really, just curious.
St Alphonsus

Padraig

In the old version, when you went to Unread Topics, there was a button to "Go to most recent post."
That seems to have disappeared. Is there a way to get that back?

Prayerful

Would posting videos be ever available? Some places have good content, but the sites themselves aren't so good.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.