I did it! Forum Upgraded!

Started by Kaesekopf, December 31, 2022, 05:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miriam_M

Oh sorry, I see them now.

red solo cup

non impediti ratione cogitationis

red solo cup

Can everyone see my email addy or is it just me?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

diaduit

I can't find the upvote or like button and also my IP address can be seen, is that normal?

Mono no aware

How very odd.  The "upgrade" has the look and feel of a default-format free forum circa 2006.  I am viewing it on a device at present, and won't have access to my laptop for a couple days, but on this interface I don't see avatars.  Just dots indicating online status.  My signature, which is (was) in Cyrillic, now appears as a series of question marks.  This all may just be the device, of course.

Jean Carrier

Any chance we'll be able to get a dark mode of the theme and overlay? All this white is hurting my eyes.
All mankind was in the ark with Noah : all the Church is with me on the rock of Pensicola!
- Pope St. Benedict XIII, in response to the emissaries of Anti-Emperor Sigismund and the Conciliarist Council of Constance who demanded his resignation

Michael Wilson

Thank you for all the work you put in. It will take some time getting used to.
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers

Lynne

Quote from: red solo cup on January 01, 2023, 06:20:33 AMCan everyone see my email addy or is it just me?

No, we can't see your email address.
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Santantonio

Nobody likes it.

So, I assume this was absolutely necessary? If so, we understand. If not, why do it?

Can you increase the default text size? I cannot read the print is so small.

Acolyte

Quote from: Santantonio on January 01, 2023, 11:35:26 AMNobody likes it.

So, I assume this was absolutely necessary? If so, we understand. If not, why do it?

Can you increase the default text size? I cannot read the print is so small.

I like it just fine. It's mobile-friendly now. And the print is much larger than it was before on my phone. I'd have to do the pinch/expand thing and center it before. I don't have to do that now.

On the old version most of the time when I tried to post a photo, it wouldn't do it because of the file size or whatever.

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Acolyte

How about photos ? Will we have to use an image hosting site to post a photo ?
"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."

Acolyte

Test
St Alphonsus

Acolyte

Quote from: Acolyte on January 01, 2023, 01:26:51 PMHow about photos ? Will we have to use an image hosting site to post a photo ?

Disregard, figured it out.
St Alphonsus

Prayerful

Quote from: Pon de Replay on January 01, 2023, 06:25:50 AMHow very odd.  The "upgrade" has the look and feel of a default-format free forum circa 2006.  I am viewing it on a device at present, and won't have access to my laptop for a couple days, but on this interface I don't see avatars.  Just dots indicating online status.  My signature, which is (was) in Cyrillic, now appears as a series of question marks.  This all may just be the device, of course.

I just see question marks too on a desktop using Brave browser.

All seems reasonable to me, although I don't like the default font overmuch.
Padre Pio: Pray, hope, and don't worry. Worry is useless. God is merciful and will hear your prayer.

Frank

You Tube videos don't appear as images but merely as links. Pity.
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est