Chris from Tulsa is Back

Started by Heinrich, November 24, 2022, 08:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Bernadette

Who is it this time and what tipped you off? It's like you have a special sense or something.
My Lord and my God.

Heinrich

Quote from: Bernadette on November 24, 2022, 08:56:16 AM
Who is it this time and what tipped you off? It's like you have a special sense or something.

It's pretty obvious. To be fair, Malachai123 was someone else, but shared with me privately. I just did publicizing.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Instaurare omnia

Uh huh. If a reader has a sense for "voice" in the way another person typically expresses himself, then the pattern of similarity becomes clear. I didn't want to say anything so as to avoid stirring the pot.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

clau clau

Did he return in the last 24 hours? ... I'll get me coat.
Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: clau clau on November 24, 2022, 11:41:41 AM
If we're all thinking of the same person: Yes, almost to the minute.
Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

clau clau

Quote from: Instaurare omnia on November 24, 2022, 12:09:25 PM
Quote from: clau clau on November 24, 2022, 11:41:41 AM
If we're all thinking of the same person: Yes, almost to the minute.

Father time has an undefeated record.

But when he's dumb and no more here,
Nineteen hundred years or near,
Clau-Clau-Claudius shall speak clear.
(https://completeandunabridged.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-claudius.html)

Melkor

All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: clau clau on November 24, 2022, 04:08:36 PM
You had that all lined up, didn't you?  :lol: 

Heinrich

Melkor

Quote from: Heinrich on November 24, 2022, 08:58:43 AM

It's pretty obvious. To be fair, Malachai123 was someone else, but shared with me privately. I just did publicizing.

Wait Malachai was someone else? So why did he get banned?
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.

"Am I not here, I who am your mother?" Mary to Juan Diego

"Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer's day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented." G.K. Chesterton

"Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after justice: for they shall have their fill." Jesus Christ

Heinrich

Quote from: Melkor on November 25, 2022, 11:52:32 AM
Quote from: Heinrich on November 24, 2022, 08:58:43 AM

Wait Malachai was someone else? So why did he get banned?

No, M123 was Chris Tulsa. Someone else figured it out, told me, and I ran with it. I pegged Cosmas almost right away.

Instaurare omnia

Quote from: Heinrich on November 25, 2022, 12:49:03 PM
No, M123 was Chris Tulsa. Someone else figured it out, told me, and I ran with it. I pegged Cosmas almost right away.
Not gonna cry fowl on that insight. We could count all the similarities in numbered paragraphs too.  :lol: