Reconquista: it took over seven centuries

Started by Instaurare omnia, October 26, 2022, 12:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Instaurare omnia

Reminder that the war often is not won within the individually gratifying timespan of one's own experience:

Nisi Dominus custodierit civitatem, frustra vigilat qui custodit eam (Psalm 126:2).
Benedicite, montes et colles, Domino: benedicite universa germinantia in terra, Domino (Daniel 3:75-76).
Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation (Psalm 145:2-3).

Julio

I can see the mystical effect of that long war against the Saracens by the Catholics. God permitted the invasion and in effect it made zealous people of their faith. That was because of severe struggle of the redemption of the land and their people to realize the correct adoration of God that took for centuries. Portugal and Spain are the only colonizers that made Catholic countries. Eventually, their people forgotten the history that the Saracens and the rest who hate Jesus are the enemies. They succumb to godless thoughts that culminated unto the Spanish Civil War.

Now, we are in the process of redemption of Catholicism as the true faith. I see this to be a long way to go. The Reconquista is going on right now globally.

Maximilian

The map will need to be updated when Spain finally completes the reconquest of Gibraltar from the Saracens.

Julio

I found it really beautiful that a military contingent who took allegiance to the Catholic Crown of Spain shall execute the task of conquest in the name of the faith. Like the Normans did huge participation in the Reconquista of Iberia and taking over of the Canary Islands. It was presented however as concerted efforts and the allegiance to the Catholic Crown prevented the identity of such as Norman conquest the way they did it in Sicily for example.

Goldfinch

Quote from: Maximilian on October 26, 2022, 05:39:25 PMThe map will need to be updated when Spain finally completes the reconquest of Gibraltar from the Saracens.

I noticed how you implied that the British, who are in possession of Gibraltar since the early 18th century, are Saracens. It's publicly known that King Charles III has a fondness for Islam.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

AlNg

Quote from: Maximilian on October 26, 2022, 05:39:25 PM
The map will need to be updated when Spain finally completes the reconquest of Gibraltar from the Saracens.
I don't see the British giving up Gibraltar any time soon. For example, in 1982, they went to war with Argentina to keep the Falklands under the UK flag.

Maximilian

Quote from: AlNg on October 27, 2022, 12:13:36 PM
I don't see the British giving up Gibraltar any time soon.

I'm sure the Moors said the same about Granada.

Julio

Quote from: Maximilian on October 27, 2022, 06:07:20 PM

I'm sure the Moors said the same about Granada.
This is just a matter of time. Right now the political and economic squabbles in Britain does not look well regarding its future, and I think Spain is just waiting for the right time to take it back.

GMC, mentioned about the possible confederacy of Spain and Portugal. I think that may happen in case the EU shall disintegrate being the natural consequence of this on going crisis in Western Europe and around the world by reason of this fiasco in Ukraine. Spain should know the position of their neighbors against them during the Catalonian distress few years ago.

AlNg

Quote from: Julio on October 27, 2022, 06:19:38 PM
Right now the political and economic squabbles in Britain does not look well regarding its future,
Spain today has problems with the Basques, with Catalan independence, extreme poverty, treatment of migration and immigrants.

Julio

Quote from: AlNg on October 27, 2022, 09:12:53 PM

Spain today has problems with the Basques, with Catalan independence, extreme poverty, treatment of migration and immigrants.
Yes, it has those issues that you listed. I think the Spanish prejudice against immigrants are primarily against Muslims which I find reasonable. I have friends and relatives in Spain right now who don't have any complains against racial issues. They're very Pacific islander in physical features but they're Catholics.

Greg

What happened to the native Spanish who lived under the Muslims for hundreds of years.  Did they convert and move back to Africa?  Do we know anything about what happened to the Catholic Spanish in the Muslim conquered areas?
Contentment is knowing that you're right. Happiness is knowing that someone else is wrong.

Goldfinch

Quote from: Greg on October 28, 2022, 01:29:59 AM
What happened to the native Spanish who lived under the Muslims for hundreds of years.  Did they convert and move back to Africa?  Do we know anything about what happened to the Catholic Spanish in the Muslim conquered areas?

The Catholic Spanish who lived under Muslim rule in Al-Andalus became Arabized in their customs and language. They were called Mozarabs for that very reason.

All of those who weren't expelled to Africa by the Almoravids, killed by friendly fire or mistakenly taken to be Muslims by the Christian armies coming from the North, were liberated and remained living in their villages and cities under Spanish rule. Eventually the Mozarabs were completely absorbed by Spanish society and lost their Arabized customs, except for the Mozarabic rite which remains in use in the diocese of Toledo, if I'm not mistaken.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

james03

The Spain strategy is the only one that will work.  Where is our Catholic homeland?  You can see it slowly developing in flyover America.

The economic collapse and hard times will actually open up opportunities for those areas to strengthen and expand.  I think the Comet will settle the matter, but we have to assume it won't to be safe.
"But he that doth not believe, is already judged: because he believeth not in the name of the only begotten Son of God (Jn 3:18)."

"All sorrow leads to the foot of the Cross.  Weep for your sins."

"Although He should kill me, I will trust in Him"

GMC

Quote from: AlNg on October 27, 2022, 12:13:36 PM
I don't see the British giving up Gibraltar any time soon. For example, in 1982, they went to war with Argentina to keep the Falklands under the UK flag.

Yes you're right. But now that the UK is not in the EU, what can be done is to break the bilateral agreements signed by the traitors of our previous presidents and that gave the UK an advantage.

Then we can take away from Gibraltar its main income: money laundering, tobacco and drug smuggling. All legal: Pursuing tax fraud and exposing in the mass media the fortunes that enter their capital there, putting the same tax on tobacco to prevent smuggling and putting the largest anti-drug patrol in Europe in Giblatar surrounding the rock, making it impossible for drug traffickers do business there.

Michael Wilson

I was speaking with a  traditionalist Catholic Spaniard outside of Mass one day, and he was bemoaning the state of his country; he said, the Moors were here for 700 years, and we have their blood in us, and there is no remedy for this. 
"The World Must Conform to Our Lord and not He to it." Rev. Dennis Fahey CSSP

"My brothers, all of you, if you are condemned to see the triumph of evil, never applaud it. Never say to evil: you are good; to decadence: you are progess; to death: you are life. Sanctify yourselves in the times wherein God has placed you; bewail the evils and the disorders which God tolerates; oppose them with the energy of your works and your efforts, your life uncontaminated by error, free from being led astray, in such a way that having lived here below, united with the Spirit of the Lord, you will be admitted to be made but one with Him forever and ever: But he who is joined to the Lord is one in spirit." Cardinal Pie of Potiers