Loss of bookmarks! [Read me]

Started by Kaesekopf, September 05, 2022, 08:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Lynne

The characterset seems to have changed, at least the special characters. Did you (KK) do some maintenance?
In conclusion, I can leave you with no better advice than that given after every sermon by Msgr Vincent Giammarino, who was pastor of St Michael's Church in Atlantic City in the 1950s:

"My dear good people: Do what you have to do, When you're supposed to do it, The best way you can do it,   For the Love of God. Amen"

Mono no aware

Yes, there seems to be a quirk in the forum software affecting quotation marks, apostrophes, &.  The em dash, one of my favorite punctuation marks, now appears as "??."  This glitch might even be ruining the user name of a new member, which I think should be "Docebo Iniquos" with an interpunct.  It can also be seen in reply no. 4 on the same thread, where it turns an apostrophe into "'."

And just when it seemed the forum had been purged of many an eyesore.

Kaesekopf

Oh no. 

I converted the forum language last night to utf-8 (????).  I was hoping it wouldn't break anything. 

Sigh.... 

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Kaesekopf

Good morning, I hate databases and I also hate technology.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Kaesekopf

I think I fixed the characterset problem, but I broke the unread topic thing.

Also, Pon, please tell me you changed your name to ?????...  :lol:

Kaesekopf

I fixed the unread topic thing.

If anything else is broken, please advise.

Acolyte

"From the moment we awake in the morning, let us pray continually in the words of holy David: Turn away my eyes, that they may not behold vanity"
St Alphonsus

"I will set my face against you, and you shall fall down before your enemies, and shall be made subject to them that hate you, you shall flee when no man pursueth you"
Leviticus 26:17

"Behold, O God our protector : and look upon the face of Thy Christ" (Ps. 79:20) Here is devotion to the face of Jesus Christ as prophesized by David."
Fr. Lawrence Daniel Carney III

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Acolyte on December 31, 2022, 12:47:43 PM
Is the update complete ?

Not yet, no.  I had some issues on a testbench I tried.  I might try to update it later today, tomorrow, or Monday.  We'll see how gutsy I get.  :lol:

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2022, 10:04:36 AMGood morning, I hate databases and I also hate technology.

I love databases (except Oracle, spawn of the devil). Yes, converting to utf-8 can cause issues.

The upgrade seemed to go quickly.

Kaesekopf

Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2022, 06:34:41 PM
Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2022, 10:04:36 AMGood morning, I hate databases and I also hate technology.

I love databases (except Oracle, spawn of the devil). Yes, converting to utf-8 can cause issues.

I was surprised how fast the upgrade went.  I tried doing it on a local version of a backup and it hung for days.  I decided to throw caution to the wind and see what happened and ... It worked.  To my dismay!  :lol:

Lynne

Quote from: Kaesekopf on December 31, 2022, 06:46:27 PM
Quote from: Lynne on December 31, 2022, 06:34:41 PM

I was surprised how fast the upgrade went.  I tried doing it on a local version of a backup and it hung for days.  I decided to throw caution to the wind and see what happened and ... It worked.  To my dismay!  :lol:

hahaha