Becoming Contemplative

Started by TerrorDæmonum, July 29, 2022, 09:01:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerrorDæmonum

I will not be active on the public forum while this is my most recent post. I am following what is in my signature, and I recommend those citations be read and understood, without regard to persons or opinions and other vanities. I have long noticed that the most content forum users are those who direct themselves to a good purpose in using it, and for most it seems, this means near or complete inactivity.

Sharing sources has become futile now, as even those get heckled and attract bizarre personal commentary. Most posts are planned or even totally prepared long before they are posted, so the time of posting has little to do with anything. Any correlations are generally spurious. The last few days are a purge of the planned topics, devoid of any personal commentary or summaries on them.

I hope those who have read my posts will ignore the person and focus on the sources, as that is what is important. Ignore opinions and personal commentary and look only to the sources. Seek only good sources. What is from the world is dangerous. All things built on it will be corrupt and misleading.

I follow my own posts and I share the sources because they were edifying and helpful to me first. There is nothing personal about it. I have not been deceptive. I have not maliciously lied. I have not revealed much personal information as it became clear doing so would be imprudent and futile. I am far more disabled than I have revealed for those who want to know. I do not rely on forums for anything, but they are a potential social outlet that is accommodating by their nature to my limitations. This forum has been quite the opposite.

Personal messages on the forum are disabled while I am not active on it, as last time I took a break I had a ~8 year old unanswered personal message from someone in it when I came back and that person had ceased being active on the forum. It is generally very rude to ignore someone intentionally, but it was unintentional and I did respond after I read it, but it was too late. I do not want something like that to happen again. I can be emailed for personal contact.

Those who wish to retract any false accusations and other scandalous activity (as one should) can do so on this thread if nowhere else better is found. Those who wish to publish more, that is not something that is good, but this forum seems to be the place for it as it stands and that is unfortunate.

Miriam_M

God speed.  Peace be with you.

mikemac

Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

andy

Elizabeth