Author Topic: Roe v Wade  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Justin Martyr

• Slave of Mary
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
Re: Roe v Wade
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2022, 10:30:20 PM »

https://twitter.com/GavinNewsom/status/1540440016605679616?s=20&t=bS42OzpgoMWvczkQmAwciQ

Abortion is legal in California.

It will remain that way.

I just signed a bill that makes our state a safe haven for women across the nation.

We will not cooperate with any states that attempt to prosecute women or doctors for receiving or providing reproductive care.
Another Roman Catholic who strongly and publicly support abortion rights.  Newsom, Biden, Pelosi, AOC, etc.  Most Catholic bishops don't seem to object. Although there are a few, here and there.

"But yet the Son of man, when he cometh, shall he find, think you, faith on earth?"
One is my dove, my perfect one is but one, she is the only one of her mother, the chosen of her that bore her. The daughters saw her, and declared her most blessed: the queens and concubines, and they praised her. Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in array?
The Canticle of Canticles, 6:8-9

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Larry, Padraig, Michael Wilson

Offline Acolyte

• Wachtmeister
  • Soli Deo gloria
  • Religion: RC
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2022, 10:55:54 PM »
Anyone heard Word One from the man in the papal seat?

The SSPX has this..

https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/statement-us-district-society-saint-pius-x-abortion

"Dear Friends,

On May 20 of this year, I wrote to invite you to join the priests and religious of the Society of Saint Pius X to make a novena to the Queenship of Our Lady for several intentions, including the overturning of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, the Supreme Court cases that erroneously forged a right to abortion. Today, our prayers and the prayers of millions of Catholic faithful for decades, were answered.

In a landmark ruling, Dobbs v. Jackson, the Supreme Court overturned both Roe and Casey while upholding a Mississippi statute outlawing abortion after the first trimester. It is providential that this pro-life ruling comes on June 24, the day the Church regularly celebrates the Feast of St. John the Baptist and, this year, honors the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. As the Baptist witnessed for the truth and condemned the evils of his day even in the face of social and political opposition, so has the Church stood witness to the sanctity of life while condemning the evils of abortion. And out of His superabundant love for us, Our Lord has guided us toward protecting the unborn."

The Society's response answers my question about the man in the papal seat?

Mea culpa, I meant to say "no but the sspx has this"
"Consider all the past has nothing, and say, like David: Now I begin to love my God."
St Francis de Sales

The following users thanked this post: Xavier

Offline Frank

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2022, 10:05:50 AM »
Biden's price hike, Supreme Court, Ukraine and The Geneva Conventions w/Robert Barnes

This discussion predates the SCOTUS decision.

Robert Barnes points out that the court could not aford to allow its decision to be affected by leaks and intimidation by the liberals.

May the strain be with you
in principio erat Verbum et Verbum erat apud Deum et Deus erat Verbum
hoc erat in principio apud Deum
omnia per ipsum facta sunt et sine ipso factum est nihil quod factum est

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Acolyte, Michael Wilson, Xavier

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
  • Never have been "MiriamB"
  • Religion: Traditional Roman Catholic
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2022, 10:54:16 AM »
Anyone heard Word One from the man in the papal seat?

The SSPX has this..

https://sspx.org/en/news-events/news/statement-us-district-society-saint-pius-x-abortion

"Dear Friends,

On May 20 of this year, I wrote to invite you to join the priests and religious of the Society of Saint Pius X to make a novena to the Queenship of Our Lady for several intentions, including the overturning of Roe v. Wade and Planned Parenthood v. Casey, the Supreme Court cases that erroneously forged a right to abortion. Today, our prayers and the prayers of millions of Catholic faithful for decades, were answered.

In a landmark ruling, Dobbs v. Jackson, the Supreme Court overturned both Roe and Casey while upholding a Mississippi statute outlawing abortion after the first trimester. It is providential that this pro-life ruling comes on June 24, the day the Church regularly celebrates the Feast of St. John the Baptist and, this year, honors the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. As the Baptist witnessed for the truth and condemned the evils of his day even in the face of social and political opposition, so has the Church stood witness to the sanctity of life while condemning the evils of abortion. And out of His superabundant love for us, Our Lord has guided us toward protecting the unborn."

The Society's response answers my question about the man in the papal seat?

Mea culpa, I meant to say "no but the sspx has this"

No problem.  But your quote exactly illustrates the deafening silence from the person who should most have commented publicly, ahead of or simultaneous to any religious group. Climate change?  Step right up.  Abortion?  Who is he to judge?

The following users thanked this post: Larry, Acolyte

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2022, 11:17:11 AM »
Next fight: Sodomite "marriage."  Another equally unconstitutional decision.

The following users thanked this post: mikemac, Lynne, Larry, Elizabeth, Michael Wilson, Antoninus, queen.saints, Goldfinch, Vox Clara

Offline Goldfinch

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2022, 11:19:16 AM »
This is a concrete and important step in the right direction. The first in many decades.

Deo gratias.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, Larry, Acolyte, Michael Wilson, queen.saints, Justin Martyr, Vox Clara

Offline Elizabeth

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2022, 11:31:11 AM »

No problem.  But your quote exactly illustrates the deafening silence from the person who should most have commented publicly, ahead of or simultaneous to any religious group. Climate change?  Step right up.  Abortion?  Who is he to judge?
   I think his public admiration and glorification of his dear friend Bonino (or whatever the homegrown bicycle abortionist hag's name is)
speaks loudly and clearly.  To Bergoglio, this abortionist is one of Italy's national heroes.  The world knows where the Bishop of Rome stands on killing babies in their mother's womb.  St. John, pray for us.

The following users thanked this post: Acolyte, Maximilian, Goldfinch

Offline bedtimeprayers

• Mary Garden
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2022, 07:35:07 PM »
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 07:36:48 PM by bedtimeprayers »
Behold, the Handmaiden of the Lord, let it be done to me according to Thy Word.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2022, 08:12:53 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/amp/International/wireStory/pope-hails-families-blasts-culture-waste-roe-85708834

It doesn’t seem like the pope is pro abortion to me……

Did I say that?  No. That’s hardly the point, and even the writer of the article acknowledges the vagueness of the remarks. This is not leadership. Every priest worth his ordination that I encountered this week mentioned the significance, for Catholics, of this decision. A pope does not cease to be a priest, and a priest is supposed to be a moral leader to his flock, large or small.

The following users thanked this post: Larry

Offline coffeeandcigarette

• Mary Garden
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2022, 08:19:34 PM »
Me, neither.  I can't believe it, even though it is only a start of Justice.

I love living in a post-Roe world.  :)

You deserve it.  You and all the other faithful prayer warriors who outshone many of us in your constancy.  Many of us cannot hold a candle to the likes of you.

I was just thinking that today, about my father. He has gone to the pro-life march in DC every year since it started. He never missed it. He deserves to see this result, such a blessing!

The following users thanked this post: Lynne, Larry, Acolyte, Maximilian, Miriam_M, diaduit, queen.saints, Justin Martyr

Offline Goldfinch

• St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Wachtmeister
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2022, 08:45:57 PM »

I think his public admiration and glorification of his dear friend Bonino (or whatever the homegrown bicycle abortionist hag's name is)
speaks loudly and clearly.  To Bergoglio, this abortionist is one of Italy's national heroes.  The world knows where the Bishop of Rome stands on killing babies in their mother's womb.  St. John, pray for us.

For Pope Francis, “Abortion Is Not a Primarily Religious Matter”.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

The following users thanked this post: Jayne, Larry, Miriam_M, Vox Clara

Offline Julio

• Wachtmeister
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2022, 10:50:31 PM »
^^Yes, to be friends with the Saracens and to please the Lutherans together with the worshippers of Pachamama is more of his priority.

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2022, 02:32:42 AM »
In case there was any doubt that there has been a history of abundant use of abortion as a form of contraception, my local news just announced "a sudden spike in the demand for contraception" since Friday. Note that this is by no means only MAP's or other chemical abortifacients, but includes preventative measures. 

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2022, 07:29:15 AM »
For Pope Francis, “Abortion Is Not a Primarily Religious Matter”.

To be fair, there is a sense in which he is right.  The wrongness of abortion is a matter of Natural Law and discernable by reason.  Even atheists can know that abortion is gravely evil.

Unfortunately, given that Pope Francis has a poor record of using theologically precise language to express orthodox Catholic positions, I do not have much hope of him clearly expressing the sense in which this is true.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

The following users thanked this post: Maximilian, Julio

Offline Miriam_M

• Mary Garden
  • Hauptmann
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2022, 12:24:30 PM »
Related News:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/historic-west-virginia-catholic-church-burned-ground-arsonist-police-say

A historic Catholic church in West Virginia burned to the ground this weekend, and police are now investigating the incident as arson.

St. Colman Catholic Church was already a smoldering ruin when firefighters from the Beaver Volunteer Fire Department arrived to the scene Sunday morning. The church was built in 1878 and was declared an official historical site in 1984.

Authorities have not released information about potential suspects.

Police encouraged anyone with information about the arson to contact Trooper D. Daniels at (304) 256-6700, the WV State Fire Marshal’s Arson Hotline at 1 (800) 233-3473 or Crime Stoppers of Raleigh County at 304-255-STOP or crimestopperswv.com.

St. Colman Catholic church was built in 1878 and burned down in 2022 due to arson, police say.

CROSS STILL STANDS AFTER FIRE DESTROYS TEXAS CHURCH: ‘A SIGHT TO BEHOLD’

The alleged arson comes as Catholic churches across the U.S. and in Canada have faced a spate of vandalism and arson attacks in recent years.

The church burnings rose amid protests against Canada's now-defunct residential schools program. The program saw Catholic-run schools tasked with forcibly assimilating indigenous children from the late 1800's to 1970.

The congregation stopped holding services at St. Colman after it was declared a historic site in 1984.

The following users thanked this post: queen.saints