Author Topic: Audio Books  (Read 447 times)

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
Audio Books
« on: May 13, 2022, 05:48:26 AM »
The Mrs likes to listen to Audio Books when she quilts. Right now she uses a library with a large collection of CDs, using a CD player. The discs constantly skip over sections or quit completely.  Plus if you stop playing you have to return to the beginning. We've looked at the condition of the discs and they look pristine but just don't play right. She doesn't want to spend the money for an iPad or iPod. The library has the capacity to download the books digitally. The computer that downloads from the library is in another room separate from the quilting. Is there a portable device that could download from the computer and then be moved to a different room to play?
non impediti ratione cogitationis

Offline maryslittlegarden

• Mary Garden
  • Feldwebel
  • Religion: Catholic
Re: Audio Books
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 08:48:27 AM »
I've bought a couple of generic mp3 players very cheap ($25-$50) from Amazon
 https://librivox.org/  Librivox has tons of free books, if you like classics.  I've also downloaded them and burned my own cd's.  If you have a tablet, you could download the books on that and play them  where ever you want
I will give glory to thee because thou hast heard me: and art become my salvation. The stone which the builders rejected; the same is become the head of the corner.  This is the Lord's doing: and it is wonderful in our eyes.  This is the day which the Lord hath made: let us be glad and rejoice therein

The following users thanked this post: red solo cup

Offline red solo cup

• John 6:56
  • St. Joseph's Workbench
  • Hauptmann
  • Religion: Fair weather Catholic
Re: Audio Books
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2022, 05:14:02 AM »
We've been checking out MP3s and they seem to be the way to go. Thanks for your help.
non impediti ratione cogitationis

The following users thanked this post: maryslittlegarden, Lynne