Russia Invades Ukraine

Started by King Wenceslas, February 23, 2022, 09:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Wenceslas

From ZeroHedge:

QuoteUpdate(10:00pmET): At the very moment an emergency session of the UN national security council was in session in New York, Putin gave a speech ordering "a special operation in Donbas". Russian state media is also confirming. "I have declared a special military operation," the Russian leader said. Fox News is reporting that Russian forces have entered Ukraine from Crimea.

He announced the Russian military action to 'demilitarize' Ukraine." And further he said:

"We decided to launch a special military action [...] aimed at demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine."

"The circumstances make us take decisive and immediate actions. The people's republics of Donbas asked Russia for assistance," Putin said. "In this regard, in accordance with Article 51, Part 7 of the UN Charter, with the sanction of the Federation Council and in pursuance of the friendship and mutual assistance treaties with the DPR and LPR, ratified by the Federal Assembly, I have decided to conduct a special military operation." He told Ukrainians to "lay down their arms."

Crucially, he said that Russia has "no intentions of occupying Ukraine."

The AP is further confirming "President Vladimir Putin says Russia will conduct a military operation in eastern Ukraine." Putin warned in his televised speech, "A couple of words for those who would be tempted to intervene. Russia will respond immediately and you will have consequences that you never have had before in your history." (The Nazi b**tard. He sounds just like Hitler at Munich.)

The AP is further confirming "President Vladimir Putin says Russia will conduct a military operation in eastern Ukraine." The following details are coming across the news wires:

PUTIN CALLS ON UKRAINIAN SOLDIERS TO IMMEDIATELY LAY DOWN THEIR WEAPONS AND GO HOME -TASS
RUSSIA'S PUTIN SAYS IN CASE OF FOREIGN INTERFERENCE, RUSSIA WILL REACT IMMEDIATELY - TASS
RUSSIAN FORCES ENTERING UKRAINE FROM CRIMEA IN THE SOUTH -FOX NEWS
PUTIN SAYS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BLOODSHED WILL BE ON THE CONSCIENCE "OF THE UKRAINAIN REGIME" - RIA NEWS AGENCY

Behold a new Hitler in Europe.

Looks like he is going to do more than just take the rest of the Donbas. Wipe out the Ukrainian's capability to defend themselves? Air strikes on Ukraine's military assets throughout the country?

Where is the conversion of Russia and the Era of Peace?


AlNg

Putin might be going for a corridor from Donbass to Crimea.

King Wenceslas

#2
QuoteUpdate(10:30pmET): The White House is responding: "Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring, and the United States and its Allies and partners will respond...The world will hold Russia accountable," Biden said in a late evening statement. Biden adds that he will address the crisis, vowing "further consequences" tomorrow:

Statement by President Biden on Russia's Unprovoked and Unjustified Attack on Ukraine:

The prayers of the entire world are with the people of Ukraine tonight as they suffer an unprovoked and unjustified attack by Russian military forces. President Putin has chosen a premeditated war that will bring a catastrophic loss of life and human suffering. Russia alone is responsible for the death and destruction this attack will bring, and the United States and its Allies and partners will respond in a united and decisive way. The world will hold Russia accountable.

I will be monitoring the situation from the White House this evening and will continue to get regular updates from my national security team. Tomorrow, I will meet with my G7 counterparts in the morning and then speak to the American people to announce the further consequences the United States and our Allies and partners will impose on Russia for this needless act of aggression against Ukraine and global peace and security. We will also coordinate with our NATO Allies to ensure a strong, united response that deters any aggression against the Alliance. Tonight, Jill and I are praying for the brave and proud people of Ukraine.

Sounds like the Ukrainians are on their own. We are heading for many wars until the Great Chastisement.

King Wenceslas

#3
QuoteCNN is citing Ukraine's Interior Ministry to say Russian missiles have hit locations in Kiev; however, this remains unclear. There's conjecture that Russia could be targeting Ukraine military "command and control" centers.

Orwell 1984:

QuoteRussia's ambassador to the UN told the emergency security council meeting: "We are not calling it a war, we are calling a special military operation" in Donbas.

QuoteTrump calls Ingraham to talk Ukraine: 'This is something that should have never happened. It would have never happened during my administration...It really started with the weakness in Afghanistan. I really think this is when [Putin] started thinking he could do this.'

QuoteReports coming in that the Russians have taken over an air base and/or airport near Kiev, possibly with the aim of taking out command and control centers supporting operations in Donbas.

RUSSIAN MILITARY CARRYING OUT AIRSTRIKES ON UKRAINIAN MILITARY COMPOUNDS AND COMMUNICATION CENTERS NEAR KYIV

They are going to try to capture Zelensky.

QuoteUkraine is saying Russia's operation is expending beyond the east, which Putin had previously proclaimed as independent territory. It's increasingly looking like Russia is taking out all main military command and control centers across Ukraine, while focusing ground troops and manpower on Donbas. Strikes outside the east appear to be focused on neutralizing airfields so there's no air retaliation.

AlNg

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 23, 2022, 09:37:42 PM

Statement by President Biden on Russia's Unprovoked and Unjustified Attack on Ukraine:
I am not sure if this attack was unprovoked.

trentcath

Quote from: King Wenceslas on February 23, 2022, 09:11:40 PM
From ZeroHedge:

QuoteUpdate(10:00pmET): At the very moment an emergency session of the UN national security council was in session in New York, Putin gave a speech ordering "a special operation in Donbas". Russian state media is also confirming. "I have declared a special military operation," the Russian leader said. Fox News is reporting that Russian forces have entered Ukraine from Crimea.

He announced the Russian military action to 'demilitarize' Ukraine." And further he said:

"We decided to launch a special military action [...] aimed at demilitarization and denazification of Ukraine."

"The circumstances make us take decisive and immediate actions. The people's republics of Donbas asked Russia for assistance," Putin said. "In this regard, in accordance with Article 51, Part 7 of the UN Charter, with the sanction of the Federation Council and in pursuance of the friendship and mutual assistance treaties with the DPR and LPR, ratified by the Federal Assembly, I have decided to conduct a special military operation." He told Ukrainians to "lay down their arms."

Crucially, he said that Russia has "no intentions of occupying Ukraine."

The AP is further confirming "President Vladimir Putin says Russia will conduct a military operation in eastern Ukraine." Putin warned in his televised speech, "A couple of words for those who would be tempted to intervene. Russia will respond immediately and you will have consequences that you never have had before in your history." (The Nazi b**tard. He sounds just like Hitler at Munich.)

The AP is further confirming "President Vladimir Putin says Russia will conduct a military operation in eastern Ukraine." The following details are coming across the news wires:

PUTIN CALLS ON UKRAINIAN SOLDIERS TO IMMEDIATELY LAY DOWN THEIR WEAPONS AND GO HOME -TASS
RUSSIA'S PUTIN SAYS IN CASE OF FOREIGN INTERFERENCE, RUSSIA WILL REACT IMMEDIATELY - TASS
RUSSIAN FORCES ENTERING UKRAINE FROM CRIMEA IN THE SOUTH -FOX NEWS
PUTIN SAYS RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY BLOODSHED WILL BE ON THE CONSCIENCE "OF THE UKRAINAIN REGIME" - RIA NEWS AGENCY

Behold a new Hitler in Europe.

Looks like he is going to do more than just take the rest of the Donbas. Wipe out the Ukrainian's capability to defend themselves? Air strikes on Ukraine's military assets throughout the country?

Where is the conversion of Russia and the Era of Peace?

What is with peoples obsession with hitler? Were there no military leaders or dictators before him? Anyway, not sure comparing Putin to hitler is particularly logical. I'm curious as to whether this is the prophecised russian invasion of europe or whatever though.

Greg

Polish up that sandwich board James and make that cowbell shine.

Salvation is coming from the East baby.

Oh yeah!

War.  What is it good for?  Killing Francis. Huh. 

"The just shall rejoice when he shall see the revenge: he shall wash his hands in the blood of the wicked."[Psalms 57:11]

Philip G.

For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

Philip G.

Quote from: Greg on February 23, 2022, 11:03:47 PM
Polish up that sandwich board James and make that cowbell shine.

Salvation is coming from the East baby.

Oh yeah!

War.  What is it good for?  Killing Francis. Huh.

In the west, will the means of the vax sterilize women unto an end that is prostitution?  In the East, will the means of war bring about for men an end that is salvation? 
For the stone shall cry out of the wall; and the timber that is between the joints of the building, shall answer.  Woe to him that buildeth a town with blood, and prepareth a city by iniquity. - Habacuc 2,11-12

beev_bove_biv

There is no honest, rational, or logical way to see Putin as the bad guy here. The only possible ways to express disdain for Putin's actions is a)to be completely uninformed of the situation and relying on CNN propaganda or b)to be actively trying to shill for Biden and his Ukrainian puppet government.

drummerboy

Quote from: AlNg on February 23, 2022, 09:21:15 PM
Putin might be going for a corridor from Donbass to Crimea.

This would make sense.  It would create a buffer state between a NATO aligned Ukraine and Russia.

Arvinger

Quote from: beev_bove_biv on February 24, 2022, 12:25:51 AM
There is no honest, rational, or logical way to see Putin as the bad guy here. The only possible ways to express disdain for Putin's actions is a)to be completely uninformed of the situation and relying on CNN propaganda or b)to be actively trying to shill for Biden and his Ukrainian puppet government.
Registered January 2022 - I didn't know Russian trolls are present even here.

Heinrich

Quote from: beev_bove_biv on February 24, 2022, 12:25:51 AM
There is no honest, rational, or logical way to see Putin as the bad guy here. The only possible ways to express disdain for Putin's actions is a)to be completely uninformed of the situation and relying on CNN propaganda or b)to be actively trying to shill for Biden and his Ukrainian puppet government.

Unless i see evidence otherwise(and I want/need reason and right here), I can't see how Putin is wrong.  What is best for his domain, given the geopolitical grift of Zionists in the West?
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Goldfinch

I'll be disappointed if Russia doesn't annex the whole of the Ukraine in 6 days or less, à la Israel in 1967.
"For there are no works of power, dearly-beloved, without the trials of temptations, there is no faith without proof, no contest without a foe, no victory without conflict. This life of ours is in the midst of snares, in the midst of battles; if we do not wish to be deceived, we must watch: if we want to overcome, we must fight." - St. Leo the Great

Heinrich

Quote from: Goldfinch on February 24, 2022, 06:38:28 AM
I'll be disappointed if Russia doesn't annex the whole of the Ukraine in 6 days or less, à la Israel in 1967.

Or a la the USA in/against Mexico, Spanish possessions, Confederate States, Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Vietnam, etc.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.