Author Topic: Carrie Underwood concert  (Read 24868 times)

Offline Mithrandylan

• Doctor of Memeology
  • Feldwebel
  • PhD in Sarcasticology
Re: Carrie Underwood concert
« Reply #60 on: April 11, 2013, 10:39:56 PM »
Again, I will say I have seen women and girls dressed like that on the beach...and even worse, at NO Churches. I am not saying it's right...but you can't make believe this dress is something outside of main stream culture.

That's right PTR, it's not right, so take the pictures down.  I don't know how to read this post except as some strange justification. 
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Offline Archer

• Hauptmann
  • Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal.
« Reply #61 on: April 11, 2013, 10:42:48 PM »
I agree with you.  This clothing is acceptable to main stream culture.  And, even though we are heavily influenced by this culture, somehow we need to learn more godly standards.  This is extremely difficult, especially since so many of us have become desensitized.  It is like relearning to see.

I like the idea of taking down the pictures.  To me it symbolizes our rejection of society's standard of clothing and our resolve to develop one that is pleasing to God.

This is a good post Jayne. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »
I agree with you.  This clothing is acceptable to main stream culture.  And, even though we are heavily influenced by this culture, somehow we need to learn more godly standards.  This is extremely difficult, especially since so many of us have become desensitized.  It is like relearning to see.

I like the idea of taking down the pictures.  To me it symbolizes our rejection of society's standard of clothing and our resolve to develop one that is pleasing to God.

This is a good post Jayne.

You needn't sound so surprised.  :tongue:

Thanks.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Alphonsus Jr.

• Vizekorporal
    • Youtube Channel
  • Religion: Catholic
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2013, 10:50:51 PM »
I agree that they probably should be taken down.  My desensitization doesn't affect the eyes of others, especially younger lads.  I remember being 15 once.

Better safe than sorry.  My two cents.

It's very strange that in the "Dove Bar Tyranny" thread I'm being threatened with banishment while the poster of these pictures isn't. I'm not saying he should be banished or even threatened with the prospect, but I find it very strange that I am being so threatened and yet he - along with, by the way, the pack of wolves personally attacking me in that thread - isn't. I'm very confused.
Age, thou art shamed.*
O shame, where is thy blush?**

-Shakespeare, Julius Caesar,* Hamlet**

Offline Mithrandylan

• Doctor of Memeology
  • Feldwebel
  • PhD in Sarcasticology
« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2013, 10:51:49 PM »
I agree that they probably should be taken down.  My desensitization doesn't affect the eyes of others, especially younger lads.  I remember being 15 once.

It's very strange that in the "Dove Bar Tyranny" thread I'm being threatened with banishment while the poster of these pictures isn't. I'm not saying he should be banished or even threatened with the prospect, but I find it very strange that I am being so threatened and yet he - along with, by the way, the pack of wolves personally attacking me in that thread - isn't. I'm very confused.

I am too.

Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

Offline Alphonsus Jr.

• Vizekorporal
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2013, 10:54:49 PM »
Again, I will say I have seen women and girls dressed like that on the beach...and even worse, at NO Churches. I am not saying it's right...but you can't make believe this dress is something outside of main stream culture.

Therefore post such pictures here? This is very strange logic. We're called to reject the world's filth.

"Love not the world, nor the things which are in the world. If any man love the world, the charity of the Father is not in him" (1 Jn. 2:15).

"Adulterers, know you not that the friendship of this world is the enemy of God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of this world, becometh an enemy of God" (James 4:4).

Age, thou art shamed.*

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2013, 10:56:20 PM »

I am too.

For better or worse, Peter posted his pictures in good will.  I don't understand how you can't see the difference between that and threatening to purposefully be offensive to women because they don't have a place here.  We need to be charitable to others here, even if we disagree with them.

Again, we have a female moderator.  I don't know what you expected.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Offline Alphonsus Jr.

• Vizekorporal
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #67 on: April 11, 2013, 10:57:22 PM »

Yes! (Except for the relativization via "to me").
Age, thou art shamed.*

Offline Mithrandylan

• Doctor of Memeology
  • Feldwebel
  • PhD in Sarcasticology
« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2013, 11:03:21 PM »

I am too.

For better or worse, Peter posted his pictures in good will.  I don't understand how you can't see the difference between that and threatening to purposefully be offensive to women because they don't have a place here.  We need to be charitable to others here, even if we disagree with them.

The will doesn't matter.  That's between the person committing the act and God.  The public act, however, does matter.  Any reasonable person could tell you that these pictures are immodest.  That's what matters, that's all that matters.  In charity, they should be taken down.

If the mod team refuses to take them down, they can at least edit the title of the thread with a warning.  I can't believe that we have to try to to convince you guys that these pictures shouldn't be on here.

Ps 135

Offline Jayne

• Mary Garden
  • Major
  • Comic Sans Frontières
  • Religion: Roman Catholic
« Reply #69 on: April 11, 2013, 11:07:46 PM »
If the mod team refuses to take them down, they can at least edit the title of the thread with a warning.  I can't believe that we have to try to to convince you guys that these pictures shouldn't be on here.

in terms of PtR's spiritual growth, it would be better for him to understand why they should be taken down and do it himself.  I can see the wisdom in the moderators delaying taking action in order to allow time for this.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Offline Mithrandylan

• Doctor of Memeology
  • Feldwebel
  • PhD in Sarcasticology
« Reply #70 on: April 11, 2013, 11:09:06 PM »

in terms of PtR's spiritual growth, it would be better for him to understand why they should be taken down and do it himself.  I can see the wisdom in the moderators delaying taking action in order to allow time for this.

Two days isn't enough time?

PTR can grow spiritually without causing scandal in the meantime. 
Ps 135

Offline LouisIX

• Oberstleutnant
  • Hauptmann
  • "Libtard"-in-Residence
« Reply #71 on: April 11, 2013, 11:12:21 PM »

I am too.

The will doesn't matter.  That's between the person committing the act and God.  The public act, however, does matter.  Any reasonable person could tell you that these pictures are immodest.  That's what matters, that's all that matters.  In charity, they should be taken down.

I've agreed with you that they should be taken down, but that decision ultimately rests with KK, who I'm sure will deal with them prudently.

But that wasn't really the point.  Alphonsus asked why Peter wasn't being threatened with a ban.  He didn't intend to scandalize or be a jerk to anyone.  Maybe he made a mistake by posting these, but there's no ill will towards anyone.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Offline Alphonsus Jr.

• Vizekorporal
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #72 on: April 11, 2013, 11:26:20 PM »

I agree that we need to be charitable to others here, even if we disagree with them. It's strange though that you'd say this, because you're being most uncharitable towards me.

First, you just judged my interior state, implying that I was of bad will.

Second, you twisted what I said. I never said that I'd "purposefully be offensive to women because they don't have a place here." Here's precisely what I said:

Another excellent traditional idea for revival involves women knowing their place, which generally excludes their participation in debate or appointment of themselves as cops. Reminder: Reject the Outrage Imperative. The measure of your shock at that statement is a measure of your processing.

Rest assured, Jayne K, the more you and any other women here try to police me, the more "offensive" I'll get. You've stepped into the arena and shall be treated accordingly.

To see what I was responding to, go here: http://www.suscipedomine.com/forum/index.php?topic=1934.msg31887#msg31887

Do you say that public debate is a traditionally muliebral activity? Or law enforcement?

Now, notice that my use of the word offensive included quotes. This was related to the immediately preceding sentence: "The measure of your shock at that statement is a measure of your processing." In other words, I'd continue to speak the unvarnished truth - e.g., calling fatties fatties when generally referring to fatties - and if any women were to become offended by such truths, this would be an indication to them that they need to look to their own processing, not to shoot the messenger, and thus raise themselves higher. And then when I say, "You've stepped into the arena and shall be treated accordingly," I'm simply saying that I'll treat women who act as men as I would any other man, which may include saying indelicate things.

Instead, you've put the harshest possible construction on my words. This is not a hermeneutic of charity.

Third, though you rightly advocate charity towards others here, you single me out while you ignore all of the personal attacks against me. Why don't you exhort them to charity towards me, attacked as I am from every direction?

Moreover, why haven't any of you moderators contacted me privately before you issue your threats, as would be the gentlemanly/noble thing to do?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:30:55 PM by Alphonsus Jr. »
Age, thou art shamed.*

Offline Alphonsus Jr.

• Vizekorporal
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #73 on: April 11, 2013, 11:27:21 PM »
I can't believe that we have to try to to convince you guys that these pictures shouldn't be on here.

Yes, it's truly incredible.
Age, thou art shamed.*

Offline Der Kaiser

• Feldwebel
  • Religion: sedevacantist Catholic
« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:30 PM »
She may not 'look' like a whore full on (her face is not gaunt and hollow, she doesn't look 'dirty') but she is dressed the part.

Actually for most of todays stars she is dressed modestly in those pics.
"If a Pope changes the rites of the sacraments he puts himself outside the Church and is Anathema"-Pope Innocent III

"Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of Anti-Christ"-Our Lady of La Sallette

The hebrews have not recognized the lord, therefore we can not recognize the hebrews.-St Pius X