Petertherock checking in

Started by Petertherock, March 31, 2013, 07:01:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petertherock

JayneK suggested I start a proper welcome thread so that's what I am doing. Thanks for all the welcomes in the FE thread everyone...heck, it's even nice to see Heinie here  :laugh:
Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Kaesekopf

Fill out our form!  Fill out our form!  Lol
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

Jayne

I am glad to see you here, PtR.  I think your ability to start threads will be very helpful to a relatively new forum that is still in the process of building up membership and traffic.  And I think that the way moderation is done here will be helpful to you.  It is easier to get a temporary ban but harder to get a permanent ban.  I think this is ideal for a person who is working on self-control.
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Petertherock

Quote from: Kaesekopf on March 31, 2013, 08:47:10 AM
Fill out our form!  Fill out our form!  Lol

What form? Where's it at? I will try to find it.

Edit: OK...I found the form!

What brings you to SD? Vox did after I got banned from FE

Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Aerosmith forum, Carrie Underwood forum (rarely post there), and others like Ignis Ardens and Cath Info both I rarely post on. Also the Les Paul forums.

Why did you choose your username and avatar? User name because St. Peter is my patron Saint and my confirmation name. I haven't set my avatar yet so I will answer once I choose one.

What is your state of life - single, married, religious, or still discerning? Single

Whereabouts do you live "in real life"? (be as specific or as general as you wish!) Maine

Personality type? As Heinie already mentioned, I have a tendency to be temperamental. I am working on that.

Favorite books? Mostly religious books. The best book I read in a while is Christianity, Islam and Athiesm by William Kilpatrick. I highly recommend this book.

Favorite movies? Ladder 49, Spaceballs, Full Metal Jacket, Backdraft, Dirty Harry Series, Heartbreak Ridge

Favorite TV shows? Cops, Knight Rider re-runs, Lockup, Infested, Ghost Hunters, Blue Bloods, Hawaii 5-0

Favorite sports/teams: Boston teams...Red Sox, Bruins, New England Patriots, Celtics.

Have any hobbies? Trying to play guitar, hopefully soon will be getting back into model railroading.

Pet peeves: Slow drivers

Fun random fact about yourself:I am railroad enthusiast. I like taking pics and videos of trains, riding on trains, and anything about trains in general.

Darryl

"Even if Catholics faithful to Tradition are reduced to a handful, they are the ones who are the true Church of Jesus Christ." -St. Athanasius

Kaesekopf

Trains are awesome. 

I'm planning on riding the Amtrak out to the East Coast this summer for an awesome friend's wedding.

Needless to say, I'm WAY excited.  Both for Amtrak and the wedding.   Mostly the wedding. But I do love trains.   :D   
Wie dein Sonntag, so dein Sterbetag.

I am not altogether on anybody's side, because nobody is altogether on my side.  ~Treebeard, LOTR

Jesus son of David, have mercy on me.

BierKaiser

mikemac

Quote from: Petertherock on March 31, 2013, 10:04:20 AM
Are you a member of other Internet fora?  If so, care to mention which one(s)? Aerosmith forum, Carrie Underwood forum (rarely post there), and others like Ignis Ardens and Cath Info both I rarely post on. Also the Les Paul forums.

Hi Petertherock.  Just thought you'd like to know that Carrie Underwood and her husband NHL hockey player Mike Fisher have a place less than ten minutes from where I live on the Bridgenorth highway.  She performs around here quite often.

Have any hobbies? Trying to play guitar, hopefully soon will be getting back into model railroading.

Fun random fact about yourself:I am railroad enthusiast. I like taking pics and videos of trains, riding on trains, and anything about trains in general.

When I get a bigger place I've thought about putting together an HO model railroad layout myself.  My father worked for the Canadian National Railroad for 50 years.  He started when he was 15 years old.  Employees of CNR used to get free passes so before they died him and mom took three trips by train out to British Columbia to visit my sister and her husband when they lived there.  I used to work for the CNR too but they stopped offering the free passes the year before I started.  Darn.
Like John Vennari (RIP) said "Why not just do it?  What would it hurt?"
Consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary (PETITION)
https://lifepetitions.com/petition/consecrate-russia-to-the-immaculate-heart-of-mary-petition

"We would be mistaken to think that Fatima's prophetic mission is complete." Benedict XVI May 13, 2010

"Tell people that God gives graces through the Immaculate Heart of Mary.  Tell them also to pray to the Immaculate Heart of Mary for peace, since God has entrusted it to Her." Saint Jacinta Marto

The real nature of hope is "despair, overcome."
Source

OCLittleFlower

-- currently writing a Trad romance entitled Flirting with Sedevacantism --

???? ?? ?????? ????????? ???, ?? ?????.

Petertherock

Quote from: mikemac on March 31, 2013, 04:15:07 PM

Hi Petertherock.  Just thought you'd like to know that Carrie Underwood and her husband NHL hockey player Mike Fisher have a place less than ten minutes from where I live on the Bridgenorth highway.  She performs around here quite often.

That's awesome. I will be seeing her in concert the week after next.

Quote from: mikemac on March 31, 2013, 04:15:07 PM
When I get a bigger place I've thought about putting together an HO model railroad layout myself.  My father worked for the Canadian National Railroad for 50 years.  He started when he was 15 years old.  Employees of CNR used to get free passes so before they died him and mom took three trips by train out to British Columbia to visit my sister and her husband when they lived there.  I used to work for the CNR too but they stopped offering the free passes the year before I started.  Darn.

Nice...I used to have a nice HO model railroad myself when I was a youngin. Unfortunately, the places I have lived since then have been too small for me to have anything like that. Hopefully that will change in the next couple months.

Darryl

LouisIX

Welcome, Pete.    :toth:

Happy to have you here.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Eliza

Hey, good to see ya! Jen51 from FE just in case you're wondering.

Mithrandylan

Model trains make me sad.

#bobbybacala
Ps 135

Quia in humilitáte nostra memor fuit nostri: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Et redémit nos ab inimícis nostris: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Qui dat escam omni carni: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Deo cæli: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.
Confitémini Dómino dominórum: * quóniam in ætérnum misericórdia eius.

For he was mindful of us in our affliction: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
And he redeemed us from our enemies: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Who giveth food to all flesh: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the God of heaven: * for his mercy endureth for ever.
Give glory to the Lord of lords: * for his mercy endureth for ever.

-I retract any and all statements I have made that are incongruent with the True Faith, and apologize for ever having made them-

voxxpopulisuxx

see pete...now just keep the the nutjob comments to yourself and all the friendlyfolks here will embrace your presence!
Welcome...dont make me regret inviting you!
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.