SSPX and Anti-semitism

Started by Jayne, February 12, 2013, 11:37:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Quote from: Der Kaiser on February 12, 2013, 08:33:07 PM
This seems odd. The Popes resigning and now we have a thread on what the Khazar's/Judahites are up too. Who cares. They rejected God he rejected them lets move on to discussing the future of the Church outside of which there is no salvation (and no, despite what The Great One said they don't have an eternal covenant)

Then get off the thread.  :toth:

Bonaventure

Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 08:15:54 PM
JayneK's an unconverted Pharisee. Vox is a gatekeeper. Not a coincidence that she's Vox's new soul sister.

No way someone could travel in trad Catholic circles as long as she has and not know such basic things about the Faith.

This is probably the most pharisaical remark I've seen so far on this forum.

Judging another person's Catholicity not based on anything said or done against Faith, but ethnicity and racial heritage.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Ben

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 12, 2013, 08:57:36 PM
JayneK's an unconverted Pharisee. Vox is a gatekeeper. Not a coincidence that she's Vox's new soul sister.

No way someone could travel in trad Catholic circles as long as she has and not know such basic things about the Faith.

Judging another person's Catholicity not based on anything said or done against Faith, but ethnicity and racial heritage.

I said it based on 2 or 3 years of reading her posts. Has nothing to do with her ethnic or racial heritage. Nice try.

Bonaventure

Quote from: Heinrich on February 12, 2013, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 12, 2013, 06:16:20 PM
I am not obsessed with this jew thing like some many other Catholics are. I am tired of it. Just like I am tired of insincere affections. It appear this thread is the culmination of the things I am tired of.

I can't think of a more interesting subject than the Jews. Why do you find it bothersome?

I can't think of a more interesting topic than converting the world to Catholicism and saving my soul.

It's not bothersome. Look, I am not naive. On the contrary, I think I have more sagacity than the average man on the street as to who pulls the strings and the history of Talmudic Judaism. Heck, I subscribe to Brother Nathan's Youtube channel. But I certainly am not energized enough to put all my energies into this topic when I can be expending the same energies praying for their conversion and working on my own sinfulness. I see many in Catholic fora who devote an inordinate amount of time pointing out the jew under the rock in the yard. I am not going in this direction with Jayne. No matter her ancestry. I just plain don't trust her.

I am inclined to agree with you.

Too much focus on the world, the flesh, the devil, or the enemies of the Church leads to spiritually and even physically unhealthy things.

Vigilance and awareness are of course necessary, but inordinate interest and even obsession is different.
"If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."

Bonaventure

Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

I said it based on 2 or 3 years of reading her posts. Has nothing to do with her ethnic or racial heritage. Nice try.

It seemed racial to me. I apologize.

When someone calls an ex-Jew or Jewish Catholic an unconverted Pharisee, that's what it looks like.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 12, 2013, 09:03:08 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 12, 2013, 06:47:33 PM
Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 06:31:34 PM
Quote from: Heinrich on February 12, 2013, 06:16:20 PM
I am not obsessed with this jew thing like some many other Catholics are. I am tired of it. Just like I am tired of insincere affections. It appear this thread is the culmination of the things I am tired of.

I can't think of a more interesting subject than the Jews. Why do you find it bothersome?

I can't think of a more interesting topic than converting the world to Catholicism and saving my soul.

It's not bothersome. Look, I am not naive. On the contrary, I think I have more sagacity than the average man on the street as to who pulls the strings and the history of Talmudic Judaism. Heck, I subscribe to Brother Nathan's Youtube channel. But I certainly am not energized enough to put all my energies into this topic when I can be expending the same energies praying for their conversion and working on my own sinfulness. I see many in Catholic fora who devote an inordinate amount of time pointing out the jew under the rock in the yard. I am not going in this direction with Jayne. No matter her ancestry. I just plain don't trust her.

I am inclined to agree with you.

Too much focus on the world, the flesh, the devil, or the enemies of the Church leads to spiritually and even physically unhealthy things.

Vigilance and awareness are of course necessary, but inordinate interest and even obsession is different.
THIS. Everything in this chain of posts.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Ben

Quote from: Bonaventure on February 12, 2013, 09:04:57 PM
Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 09:00:49 PM

It seemed racial to me. I apologize.

When someone calls an ex-Jew or Jewish Catholic an unconverted Pharisee, that's what it looks like.

Apology accepted! Thanks.  :toth:

The link I posted on Page 1 gives you an idea of why I would say such a thing about her.

Heinrich

Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Ben on February 12, 2013, 04:38:00 PM
Quote from: RealJayneK on February 12, 2013, 04:30:02 PM
It is difficult to use terminology in a clear way concerning this topic. 

It's not difficult at all to anyone who has a Sensus Catholicus.

QuoteBeing anti-Jewish, in the sense of hating Jews, is not part of Catholicism. I stand by that.

As if anyone in the entire history of the Church has said that we should hate Jews. Not much of a stand, since there's no opposition.

QuoteBeing anti-Jewish, in the sense of opposing a false religion, is part of Catholicism.

Yep! And every single Jewish individual who hasn't converted to the Church, including family members. I have a Jew and a couple Muslims in my family. Also some Freemasons and Prots and atheists. They're all my enemies. And I'm their enemy.
and THIS.
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Heinrich

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on February 12, 2013, 09:09:14 PM
Quote from: RealJayneK on February 12, 2013, 04:30:02 PM
It is difficult to use terminology in a clear way concerning this topic. 

It's not difficult at all to anyone who has a Sensus Catholicus.

QuoteBeing anti-Jewish, in the sense of hating Jews, is not part of Catholicism. I stand by that.

As if anyone in the entire history of the Church has said that we should hate Jews. Not much of a stand, since there's no opposition.

QuoteBeing anti-Jewish, in the sense of opposing a false religion, is part of Catholicism.

Yep! And every single Jewish individual who hasn't converted to the Church, including family members. I have a Jew and a couple Muslims in my family. Also some Freemasons and Prots and atheists. They're all my enemies. And I'm their enemy.
and THIS.

Ultimately yes. So let's defeat them by being Christ like.
Schaff Recht mir Gott und führe meine Sache gegen ein unheiliges Volk . . .   .                          
Lex Orandi, lex credendi, lex vivendi.
"Die Welt sucht nach Ehre, Ansehen, Reichtum, Vergnügen; die Heiligen aber suchen Demütigung, Verachtung, Armut, Abtötung und Buße." --Ausschnitt von der Geschichte des Lebens St. Bennos.

Gottmitunsalex

"Every one therefore that shall confess me before men, I will also confess him before my Father who is in heaven.  But he that shall deny me before men, I will also deny him before my Father who is in heaven.

Do not think that I came to send peace upon earth: I came not to send peace, but the sword.  For I came to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And as a man's enemies shall be they of his own household.

He that loveth father or mother more than me, is not worthy of me; and he that loveth son or daughter more than me, is not worthy of me.  And he that taketh not up his cross, and followeth me, is not worthy of me.  He that findeth his life, shall lose it: and he that shall lose his life for me, shall find it."

Jayne

Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Pheo

Quote from: RealJayneK on February 12, 2013, 04:30:02 PMBeing anti-Jewish, in the sense of opposing a false religion, is part of Catholicism.

I'm confused.  You seem to be agreeing with Jayne here - so why are you pretending that you two are completely at odds on this issue on the next page?

And please don't refer to any perceived flip-flops.  It annoys me to no end when politicians dig out speeches and think they've struck a profound blow to their opponents based on a 27-year old comment.

She clarified her position here and you seem to agree with it.  Or is this just an argument clinic?
Son, when thou comest to the service of God, stand in justice and in fear, and prepare thy soul for temptation.

Lateran