Wagering on a new pope? You bet!

Started by Gottmitunsalex, March 01, 2013, 06:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmw89

Quote from: LouisIX on March 04, 2013, 05:06:43 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 01, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
Although Totiusque advances some interesting points for Arinze, I'm still thinking Bertone will be the next head of the Conciliar Church.  Anybody else seeing it?

Idk.  It just sounds like most of the cardinals dislike him.

I think I'm going with +Scola.

My own rationale is that it looks like enough people owe him favors.

But it's not like any of us are "veteran Vatican-watchers" (sounds as bad as bird-watching), so... eh, I guess we'll see.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

LouisIX

Quote from: tmw89 on March 04, 2013, 08:20:01 PM
Quote from: LouisIX on March 04, 2013, 05:06:43 PM
Quote from: tmw89 on March 01, 2013, 08:03:24 PM
Although Totiusque advances some interesting points for Arinze, I'm still thinking Bertone will be the next head of the Conciliar Church.  Anybody else seeing it?

Idk.  It just sounds like most of the cardinals dislike him.

I think I'm going with +Scola.

My own rationale is that it looks like enough people owe him favors.

But it's not like any of us are "veteran Vatican-watchers" (sounds as bad as bird-watching), so... eh, I guess we'll see.

Yeah, that's definitely a sound theory.  I'd be a lot less surprised with Bertone than others being sold as amongst the papabili.
IF I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.