Whos banned from Fisheaters?

Started by trentcath, February 08, 2013, 05:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

tmw89

Ben, so far, the people who were "snarky" and "disrespectful" were, to my knowledge, either SSPX or sedevacantist types.

Bombay, of course, enjoys full immunity to say whatever he wants to whomever he wants. Need I remind anyone about his screed against VoxPop, instructing him to commit an unnatural vice on someone and then blow his own brains out?

That kind of behavior over there is tolerated and permitted; it speaks volumes about the Catholicity of that forum.  The place can't pretend to be Traditional or Catholic in anything but an ironic sense.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Jayne

Quote from: voxxpopulisuxx on February 10, 2013, 02:53:42 PM
why is it dishonrable if your not allowed to criticise it there..

It is dishonourable to accept the benefits of FE while talking crap about it elsewhere.  If you think it so terrible leave. 
Jesus, meek and humble of heart, make my heart like unto Thine.

Jayne

Quote from: trentcath on February 10, 2013, 08:59:09 AM
Quote from: RealJayneK on February 10, 2013, 08:50:35 AM
Quote from: trentcath on February 10, 2013, 08:10:45 AM
Now that you know Vox knows.

I thought about telling her and decided it would be dishonourable.

I'm deciding whether to believe you.

I do not lie and I do not sneak.  As far as forums go, my first allegiance is to Fish Eaters.  If I see something here that I deem a thread to it, I will oppose that threat.  I will, however, do so openly.

If KK thinks that I ought to be banned for that, then I will accept his judgment without complaint.

voxxpopulisuxx

Quote from: RealJayneK on February 10, 2013, 06:17:15 PM

It is dishonourable to accept the benefits of FE while talking crap about it elsewhere.  If you think it so terrible leave.
So you equate criticism with talking crap...hmmmm interesting. And why would I have to leave? And the Benefits of FE? And these benefits other than its just a good internet forum with interesting folk and topics....is there something else...something sancrosanct...something beyond criticism?...Is there a health plan...profit sharing...free ice cream?
Lord Jesus Christ Most High Son of God have Mercy On Me a Sinner (Jesus Prayer)

"You can never cross the ocean until you have the courage to lose sight of the shore." – Christopher Columbus
911!
"Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake, and so earn some right to rejoice when the victory is won. "— Louisa May Alcott

"From man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world."St. Arnold (580-640)

Geocentrism holds no possible atheistic downside.

Archer

What benefits are we accepting exactly? And where is this imaginary rule coming from? Last time I checked people are free to be members of whatever forum they want as long as they follow the rules which are enforced by the forum owner and moderators.   

If you don't like how people talk here, then by your own reasoning you should leave. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: RealJayneK on February 10, 2013, 06:22:09 PM

I do not lie and I do not sneak.  As far as forums go, my first allegiance is to Fish Eaters.  If I see something here that I deem a thread to it, I will oppose that threat.  I will, however, do so openly.

If KK thinks that I ought to be banned for that, then I will accept his judgment without complaint.
In all reality, if he does ban you, you won't have any other choice.

I recall some posters who used the same words as you did in your first paragraph in FE, with regards to being opposed to sedevacantism and "oppose that threat" etc..They got banned.

"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

Archer

I think you're out of line.  You are not the police of every forum and you are not Fisheater's knight in shining armor.  Vox does not need you to defend her honor at every opportunity across the entire internet. 
"All the good works in the world are not equal to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass because they are the works of men; but the Mass is the work of God. Martyrdom is nothing in comparison for it is but the sacrifice of man to God; but the Mass is the sacrifice of God for man." - St. John Vianney

Gottmitunsalex

Quote from: Archer on February 10, 2013, 06:25:30 PM

What benefits are we accepting exactly? And where is this imaginary rule coming from? Last time I checked people are free to be members of whatever forum they want as long as they follow the rules which are enforced by the forum owner and moderators.   

If you don't like how people talk here, then by your own reasoning you should leave.

:pray1:
"Nothing is more miserable than those people who never failed to attack their own salvation. When there was need to observe the Law, they trampled it under foot. Now that the Law has ceased to bind, they obstinately strive to observe it. What could be more pitiable that those who provoke God not only by transgressing the Law but also by keeping it? But at any rate the Jews say that they, too, adore God. God forbid that I say that. No Jew adores God! Who say so? The Son of God say so. For he said: "If you were to know my Father, you would also know me. But you neither know me nor do you know my Father". Could I produce a witness more trustworthy than the Son of God?"  St. John Chrysostom  Sunday Homily

"The two goals of the Jews: The universal domination of the world and the destruction of Catholicism, out of hatred for Christ" --Mgr. Jouin

trentcath

Oh please, criticising isn't 'talking crap', grow up and stop being so childish and over-defensive, all the complains so far posted are legitimate. Frankly I think its disgusting I get banned for meanness but Dr Bombaby gets to insult priests, blaspheme, use horrific language etc... and all with impunity. Does anyone know why Dr Bombaby gets away with this?

trentcath

Quote from: Archer on February 10, 2013, 06:28:45 PM

I think you're out of line.  You are not the police of every forum and you are not Fisheater's knight in shining armor.  Vox does not need you to defend her honor at every opportunity across the entire internet.

It is a bit pathetic.

Jayne

What benefits are we accepting exactly? And where is this imaginary rule coming from?

I am not talking about a rule.  I am talking about honour.  Some people have a sense of honour that acts as a guide to their behaviour.

trentcath

Quote from: RealJayneK on February 10, 2013, 06:32:32 PM
What benefits are we accepting exactly? And where is this imaginary rule coming from?

I am not talking about a rule.  I am talking about honour.  Some people have a sense of honour that acts as a guide to their behaviour.

Oh lord, do I have to put up with this sanctimonius preaching here as well? Don't think I've forgotten about you claiming 'I  dont understand how you can call yourself catholic' for pointing out the popes errors and then saying it was a 'misunderstanding'

tmw89

All in favor of an anti-mini-modding amendment to the Forum Rules, please let me know by replying "Ay!" to this post.  Thanks.
Quote from: Bishop WilliamsonThe "promise to respect" as Church law the New Code of Canon Law is to respect a number of supposed laws directly contrary to Church doctrine.

---

http://tradblogs.blogspot.com

NOW OPEN:  A new Trad forum featuring Catholic books, information, and discussion!

Jayne

Quote from: Gottmitunsalex on February 10, 2013, 06:26:23 PM
In all reality, if he does ban you, you won't have any other choice.

I have a choice about whether I complain about it.  If KK bans me, I will not say anything against him for doing so.